+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    What was that ultrasound picture of what looked like a nearly fullterm baby that Lex was burning? Surely that wasn't supposed to be theirs? Did Lana ever see that?
    I hate that I've got the old shows scattered on several different tapes and am watching them out of order....
    So either there was never a baby as speculated above--all a fraud on Lex's part--and/or this is a test to see if she really loves Lex and didn't just marry him because of the baby. OR there was a baby that Lex has magically transported to some plastic uterus somewhere because he doesn't trust Lana or because it was really a mutant/Clark's or some other weird baby.
    Now Lana is going to go all psycho on us? How long before she realizes she can now dump Lex for Clark as soon as Lex gives her any excuse?
    Lex DID appear to drink the sparkling cider...all of his...but we didn't see him pour it in front of Lana so hers could still be drugged.
    Re the fight scene---Clark says that the power was out so no one saw him, but surely it was on for a while before Titan showed up--we had the announcer guy do his thing and then quite a while while he and Lois circled each other.

FORT Fanatic
    Since that doctor came to him the day of the wedding threatening to tell Lana the truth about her baby he very well could have faked a pregnancy. When they did the ultra sound he could have had a tape in the machine of someone else's ultra sound and printed out the picture. It sure does make Lana look completely stupid though if she wasn't pregnant. No symptoms and no growth would be a sure sign one would think!

The cider could have been to make her feel sick and pass out so he could fake a misscarriage. It would explain a lot getting her to think she was pregnant to marry him then of course he has to make her "lose the baby" because she isn't pregnant. First case of a man faking a pregnancy to get married I guess.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2295231;
    Since that doctor came to him the day of the wedding threatening to tell Lana the truth about her baby he very well could have faked a pregnancy. When they did the ultra sound he could have had a tape in the machine of someone else's ultra sound and printed out the picture. It sure does make Lana look completely stupid though if she wasn't pregnant. No symptoms and no growth would be a sure sign one would think!

The cider could have been to make her feel sick and pass out so he could fake a misscarriage. It would explain a lot getting her to think she was pregnant to marry him then of course he has to make her "lose the baby" because she isn't pregnant. First case of a man faking a pregnancy to get married I guess.
    Good one!!

I figured Lex drugged her and implanted her with a meteor freak baby and then after the wedding put something in her drink to cause an abortion.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Is it possible Lex drugged her, faked the miscarriage, but really had the fetus yanked out of her and shoved into a test tube to grow?
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

We did not have CW in Hawaii until January 2007, so I missed a lot of episodes. The whole Lana/Lex relationship with the baby was a revelation when I started watching the show again. Clark has grown up a lot and portraying a greater emotional range than goody-goody and bad on red Kryptonite like he was as a teenager. I still don't see much chemistry between him and his future wife, Lois though.

Sort of a late entry into the Lex/Lana baby discussion.... I tend to agree with the "there wasn't a baby" theory, but I don't think Lex did anything to cause whatever happened to Lana when she "lost" the baby. Lex seemed genuinely surprised and scared.

My guess is that the doctor was giving Lana something to keep her in whatever condition she was in (whether it was a non-pregnancy or a pregnancy with a baby that wasn't Lex's). After Lex killed the doctor, he wasn't around to do that, and the effects of his treatment wore off and caused her to go into the state that Lex found her in.

Somebody mentioned the idea that Lex had somehow harvested Clark's sperm. When could that have happened?

---Edited to add----

Eww. Just as I posted this, I got a crazy idea. What if Lex had somehow impregnated Lana with Clark's baby? If she did have a miscarriage, Lex could start doing a whole new generation of stem cell research. Yikes!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2314934;
    Sort of a late entry into the Lex/Lana baby discussion.... I tend to agree with the "there wasn't a baby" theory, but I don't think Lex did anything to cause whatever happened to Lana when she "lost" the baby. Lex seemed genuinely surprised and scared.

My guess is that the doctor was giving Lana something to keep her in whatever condition she was in (whether it was a non-pregnancy or a pregnancy with a baby that wasn't Lex's). After Lex killed the doctor, he wasn't around to do that, and the effects of his treatment wore off and caused her to go into the state that Lex found her in.

Somebody mentioned the idea that Lex had somehow harvested Clark's sperm. When could that have happened?
    ---Edited to add----

Eww. Just as I posted this, I got a crazy idea. What if Lex had somehow impregnated Lana with Clark's baby? If she did have a miscarriage, Lex could start doing a whole new generation of stem cell research. Yikes!
    Clark's been unconscious several times....I like the stem cell research idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2314934;

i think yall are thinking to hard.

the Lex character is a devious lying scumbag who plots and scheme. He says one thing and does another. This is the same person that commit murder and said he would do "anything" to get Lana; Yet somehow he "seemed genuinely suprised and scared."

i think it's pretty cut and dry:

Lex had to "get her pregnant" in order to coerce marriage
    Lex had to "lose the baby" because at some point the sham woulda been up

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I was watching a rerun the other day... the one where Lex is in another dimension (radio static stuff) but can see and hear Lana, and he says to her that he loves her, even though he knows she can't hear him. So if there is one thing Lex is not lying about it, it is that (even though part of his love might relate to his feelings that Clark gets everything good). After that though--the pregnancy, the miscarriage, etc., it could all be fake.

+ Reply to Thread