+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I wondered where Lionel was also, but then he and Lex don't get along. Loved Clark telling Lana, Come on, you don't even know most of these people--so true since we certainly didn't.
    I wondered also if Lex is sterile. Maybe he implanted some of Clark's sperm, retrieved during one of the many times Clark's been knocked out. So he'll have Clark's baby? Not implying Lex is gay there, more for the experimentation to see if Clark's kid has superpowers. And then he would have something of Clark's, something Clark never even got to have.
    On the other hand he does seem to be fond of Lana... nice humanizing moments between them, which are kind of blown by the idea he's experimenting on her.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2231286;
    I wondered where Lionel was also, but then he and Lex don't get along. Loved Clark telling Lana, Come on, you don't even know most of these people--so true since we certainly didn't.
    I wondered also if Lex is sterile. Maybe he implanted some of Clark's sperm, retrieved during one of the many times Clark's been knocked out. So he'll have Clark's baby? Not implying Lex is gay there, more for the experimentation to see if Clark's kid has superpowers. And then he would have something of Clark's, something Clark never even got to have.
    On the other hand he does seem to be fond of Lana... nice humanizing moments between them, which are kind of blown by the idea he's experimenting on her.
    I still think Lionel would have gotten an invite for this one, or they would have at least made some drama about him not being invited. Very strange for this show to miss on an opportunity like that.

Your theory on Lana's baby is EXCELLENT!
    I love it, and it totally ties in perfectly to their storyline. I'm sure it'll be tied into the meteor shower, which is the excuse for everything in this show.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2231286;
    That would cause a burning hate. What would be interesting if Lex raised the kid as his. Joss Whedon did that to Angel in the 'Angel series that was a spin off from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Talk about screwing with the kid and the father.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks, muggle!
    I remember the Angel's son story, Bearcata---they had the advantage there of the child being in some kind of time warp, so he could return as a teen w/o the audience having to wait 15 years...not so likely here I guess.
    And Clark being the "good guy" he normally is, and knowing from personal experience that your "dad" doesn't have to be your biological father wouldn't even try to retrieve the child from Lex if the child loved Lex as a father, for the child's sake (and Lana's)--assuming he found out a couple of years down the road when he discovers somehow the child has some superpowers, even if diluted by the half human blood. But he would surely hate Lex for it.
    I'm trying to remember how old this version of Superman has Clark be when his powers show up. How early did the Kents know?
    Well, enough speculation...hopefully we'll find out in a week or two,who's his daddy.

At times it is too hard to watch this show as it feels that it has been written for the 12 and under set. But I will admit that his season has shown some truly great moments. I grew up reading the comics and consider them the mythology that you can't stray to far from.
    Considering the friendship between Clark & Lex, I was wondering how they would create the final split. I think the pining over Lana is a good touch. I never thought of the possibility of Lex & Lana. ( And I too personally HATE the Lana actress and character.Boring, boring, boring!) I think the final split will be the death of Lana in childbirth and her admitting her love for Clark even with all that Lex (she thinks)has done for her. clark will know what Lex has done and hate him for killing Lana and Lex will truly hate Clark for Lana choosing him.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by technomage500;2232892;
    At times it is too hard to watch this show as it feels that it has been written for the 12 and under set. But I will admit that his season has shown some truly great moments. I grew up reading the comics and consider them the mythology that you can't stray to far from.
    Considering the friendship between Clark & Lex, I was wondering how they would create the final split. I think the pining over Lana is a good touch. I never thought of the possibility of Lex & Lana. ( And I too personally HATE the Lana actress and character.Boring, boring, boring!) I think the final split will be the death of Lana in childbirth and her admitting her love for Clark even with all that Lex (she thinks)has done for her. clark will know what Lex has done and hate him for killing Lana and Lex will truly hate Clark for Lana choosing him.
    Ooo, good one. I'd thought of her dying in childbirth, but was held back by some faint childhood memories of her still being around in Kansas when Clark was a reporter--some visit to his home town. But this show doesn't totally seem tied to the traditional version---after all, clearly Lois is not going to "meet" Clark for the first time at The Daily Planet.

FORT Fanatic
    At the end of last episode, and beginning of this one, I totally thought the tool Lana had hidden was some old-fashioned abortion tool and she had finally wisened up to the fact she was carrying Lex-spawn. Yet she's consistent and lives totally in Lana-land.

How dense can she be?!?! Her best friend maintained a "Wall of Weird" for years. Her best friend is now keeping a secret. Her former boyfriend just "happens" to appear and save the day every single time she's in danger (which is another thing - how many attempts on her life is this now??). He all but told her his secret in this episode. Does she need it engraved and delivered by courier?

I wish the writers would give Clark a new personality somewhere between Good Clark & Bad Clark. There's no reason Clark couldn't grow some and actually stand up for what he wants (not just Lana). He's at least starting to stand up a bit against Lex but not nearly enough. I don't normally enjoy Bad Clark but last week's episode was a great one (sans the Lois scenes)

And speaking of last week's episode - slip Lana the lipstick and let's see what she really wants (hopefully it's to get off the show )!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    No, no---the lipstick hooks you on the first guy you see---Lois saw Clark leaving the coffee bar in a mirror. But yes, a truth serum for Lana would be good! Actually I think she told the truth a few episodes back, when she said she loved them both, but Clark was her past and Lex was her future.

I think it was a quite WONDERFUL touch of irony that Chloe found out this week that she was one of the meteor "freaks"....it always bothered me that she called them freaks - the only thing I never liked about Chloe. She's too quick to judge. And I think that overall this season has ROCKED....as long as I ignore all of the stupid Lana antics. But I'm glad the girl has snapped out of her little stupor. I just wish Clark would tell her his secret so we could all move on......
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

So is this gonna be like Lana's last season?
    Or is that just what people want, lol.
    Does anyone know any spoilers for future episodes?
    I heard Linda Carter was gonna play Chloe's mom which I cant wait for because she rocks!

+ Reply to Thread