+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar
    I like seeing Lois and Clark have there first kiss and Lois saying that he was a better kisser than Oliver. I am so tired of seeing Clark lusting over Lana.

Quote Originally Posted by 21longhorngal;2205770;
    I like seeing Lois and Clark have there first kiss and Lois saying that he was a better kisser than Oliver. I am so tired of seeing Clark lusting over Lana.
    Goodness, couldn't agree with you more.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2205726;
    Thank you, citygirl!! I've yet to watch the tape, so good to know in advance. Got to do something about the vcr settings...keep cutting off the ends....
    I didn't see what else she was going to do once he impregnated her... hard to imagine that if she decided she wanted to cut him out of her life, and the baby's, that he'd let her. And no matter what he said at the end there about waiting forever, I bet if he felt it was hopeless he'd go for the baby. So I guess I'm glad for the character's sake that she can feel she chose freely.
    I start I minute before and finish 1 minute after. I also noticed that time is different on different channels. Occasionnally, I also check the TV guide and see how long a program will be. Sometimes a minute or two is added for certain programs (special occasions Lost was doing it for a while) and you miss it unless you know ahead of time. For example I just checked the online TV.Guide and noticed that next week's episode of Heroes is 61 minutes long. Its the first ep for 2007 so that makes sense. Not to worry this weeks (1/18) Justice League ep is only 60 minutes long. I tend to double check on special eps to make sure; there is nothing worse than having a great ep and having a the last scene cut because you only set your vcr for 60 minutes.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-16-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Yes, I know what you mean... I've gotten burned so many times I usually start it 2 min. before the hour and end it 2 min. after the hour. My problem comes when I want it to change channels. If I have to go out on Th night I need both VCRs going and one has to change channels. So if I set Smallville to end at :58 so I can start Gray's Anatomy at :58 I'm losing the end of Smallville...it used to be those last 2 min. were ads...but no more. Sigh. The solution--obviously, stay home Thursdays!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2206252;
    Yes, I know what you mean... I've gotten burned so many times I usually start it 2 min. before the hour and end it 2 min. after the hour. My problem comes when I want it to change channels. If I have to go out on Th night I need both VCRs going and one has to change channels. So if I set Smallville to end at :58 so I can start Gray's Anatomy at :58 I'm losing the end of Smallville...it used to be those last 2 min. were ads...but no more. Sigh. The solution--obviously, stay home Thursdays!
    Wasn't the CW repeating Smallville on Sunday nights at 7pm??

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2206440;
    Wasn't the CW repeating Smallville on Sunday nights at 7pm??
    I hadn't noticed that--gotta go look! Thanks!

I thought last night's episode was so much fun! The repartee between the Justice League was a little cheesy, but it worked! My husband and I get such a kick out of AquaMan, because he looks EXACTLY like the comic book character!!!

I loved Chloe's part in the infiltration of LuthorCorp. She was on cloud 9 playing "Watchtower". It was like this was exactly what she and her super computer had been training for for years!

How about the look on Lex's face when Lionel gave Clark an alibi. He totally knew his own father was lying to him.

I really like where the show is going now. I stopped watching when they sidetracked into that whole Witchy Lana storyline. But now, everything is coming to fruition, including the many "freaks of the week" we had to sit through getting foiled by the "Mystery Machine" of Clark and Chloe.

Next week's episode looks interesting, as does Clark's mission to rid the world of the Phantom Zone escapees. Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it looks like the "Martian Manhunter" will be an integral part in helping him fight them.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Excellent episode, last night. I wish that they would have more of these types of episodes in the future, with the Justice League together. I heard that they were considering doing a spin-off, featuring the JL. That would be cool, but it would have to include Clark. I really liked that Chloe was involved and def. didn't miss Lana.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Finally got caught up on the last 2 weeks' tapes! Wow, Clark was cold to Lana once he found out about the baby...maybe he could have coped with her having had sex with Lex, but not with Lex's child. I don't think Lana chose Lex after all, having seen this, just she had no choice left. Now if she miscarries will he change his mind? Of course getting the kissing stamp of approval from Lois didn't hurt. As an aside, Lex was really sweet. I like when they show a vulnerable side of him--don't think it is made up, even if he is lying to Lana about his "work life."
    Felt sorry for Lois when Oliver clearly didn't even remember he'd arranged the Monte Carlo trip with her, she was SO far down his list of priorities. Not like he was feeling bad he'd have to tell her it was off, it looked like he didn't even remember it...and barely remembered he should tell her goodby. And if he feels as if he may be able to tell her all some day, why not today?
    Liked the little dig/foreshadowing when Lois said she was so into Oliver she'd even be able to cope if his secret was that he was an alien from Mars....
    Think they missed an opportunity at the end, when Chloe says something like, You sure have some amazing friends, Clark, and he agrees looking after the future Justice League gang... he should have then turned and at least looked at Chloe! Said something would have been even nicer.
    Loved that Chloe got included as Watchtower, as mentioned above--and also that she got to say, everyone trusts me to keep their secrets, but wants me to spill everyone else's--you can't be the only one I protect, Clark!

My favorite character in this series is Chloe and I love watching her in action during the JL episode and in last nights asylum episode. I am glad Clark realizes how important she is in his life, for a second there I thought they would kiss. They would make sure a good couple she is mature enough and smart enough to figure him out and what is going on. Sometimes watching Lana and especially that goofus Lois think they know what is going on is laughable, makes you want to kick one in the butt and slap the other.

+ Reply to Thread