+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Do we know she slept with Jimmy? All I recall is that she mentioned having a date or something like that with someone named Jimmy.

As far as Jimmy Olsen, cub photographer goes, perhaps they'll write him out at the end as heading to Europe for an extended travel holiday.

I'm glad Smallville is back! This was a good episode, and it looks like they'll be doing a lot with Kryptonian mythology this season!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So we know she slept with Jimmy ( and he never called her? What a creep!), but we've never seen him before?
    Was he interning there also?
    Not sure how this can ever fit into the usual Superman scenario where Clark and Lois are experienced reporters and Jimmy is more of a cub reporter.
    Finally was able to catch the premier due to the wonderful tools of the internet. It was pretty decent. A longer confrontation with Zod would have been preferred. Actually, the whole ordeal, with him in the Phantom Zone and his escape then confronting Zod could have used 2 episodes if you asked me. Getting out of the Zone was too easy and his fight with Zod was too short. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode though.

But yeah I always thought Jimmy was a lot younger than Clark and Lois. At least 5 or 6 years. How are they going to explain that one?

And the fortress is going to have to be revived somehow cause Clark has to eventually go away for those 12 years to study before he becomes The Man, unless they’re gonna scrap that all together. To me that was the only way the whole “Lois coming to Smallville” angle could work though in the long run.
    Do you really wanna win or just look good losin?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBeans View Post
    Finally was able to catch the premier due to the wonderful tools of the internet. It was pretty decent. A longer confrontation with Zod would have been preferred. Actually, the whole ordeal, with him in the Phantom Zone and his escape then confronting Zod could have used 2 episodes if you asked me. Getting out of the Zone was too easy and his fight with Zod was too short. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode though.

But yeah I always thought Jimmy was a lot younger than Clark and Lois. At least 5 or 6 years. How are they going to explain that one?

And the fortress is going to have to be revived somehow cause Clark has to eventually go away for those 12 years to study before he becomes The Man, unless they’re gonna scrap that all together. To me that was the only way the whole “Lois coming to Smallville” angle could work though in the long run.
    It's called reimaging the series just like they did to Battlestar Galactica.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I know this. I’ve been accepted Smallville as an elseworld tale. Nothing more, nothing less. There’s no other way to accept it otherwise. Just interested in how they’ll play the whole Clark/Jimmy/Superman angle with them being pretty much the same age.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    Do we know she slept with Jimmy? All I recall is that she mentioned having a date or something like that with someone named Jimmy.
    This last episode, when Jimmy appeared from the debris to see Chloe confronting him with a gun he made some crack about "Is this about me not calling you afterwards?" or some such, that implied to me a "morning after" occasion.
    But maybe he just meant he hadn't called for a 2nd date. And why not, one wonders? He seems quite taken with her.

comments on Oct 5th show

I hate whent the TV Guide says that a person, in this case the Green Arrow, will be making an appearance and its only in the last couple of minutes. Still that bordering school of Lex's sounds like it deserves its own series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Battlestar Galactica's reimaging was very well planned out. logical and deliberate. Smallville's changes from the original legend have always seemed scattershot and occasionally almost random.

BG's changes were oriented towards a specific rather high-minded goal--enabling the show to address modern social and political issues. Smallville's reasons for their changes seem a bit less compelling and a lot more commercial in nature. It's all about finding a youth market and steering them towards synergistic Warner Brothers endeavors, like the albums of the musicians who they play on the show and the Smallville Soundtracks themselves.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post

As far as Jimmy Olsen, cub photographer goes, perhaps they'll write him out at the end as heading to Europe for an extended travel holiday.

I'm glad Smallville is back! This was a good episode, and it looks like they'll be doing a lot with Kryptonian mythology this season!
    Chloe didn't just sleep with, Jimmy, she apperently lost her virginity to him.
    At least that's what she had told Lana (or was it Lois?) some time before.
    I think Green Arrow's a main charecter this season.
    And when are Clark and Lois gonna get together?!?!
    It's driving me crazy.
    And I am so glad Lana's out of the picture - that girl is SOOO annoying.
    Can't wait until the next episode!
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Battlestar Galactica's reimaging was very well planned out. logical and deliberate. Smallville's changes from the original legend have always seemed scattershot and occasionally almost random.
    That’s because they are. Gough and Millar have said on occasion that they don’t plan every single episode for a season they just go with the flow. They think of a good dilemma to put Clark in and figure out the rest as they go.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Wow, had to go to the 3rd page to find this!
    So Lana's pregnant...presumably by Lex unless I"ve missed something. She doesn't seem exactly thrilled and she hasn't told him yet.
    Green Arrow is really cute, and it's nice Lois has someone...I like that Clark is realizing Lois is not the same as Lana. But I'm not clear since I'm not all caught up on tape--does Chloe realize Green Arrow and Oliver are the same? Or only Clark?
    It really looked as tho Clark's mom wanted Lionel to kiss her there...even tho later she said she wasn't ready for that. Since Lionel backed off the kiss first I wonder if she said that to calm him down or if she really meant it.

+ Reply to Thread