+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

H2O
    Enough with the Kryptonite episdoes!

I feel like these episodes are filler when they can't think of anything good to write. Make Clark fall under Kryptonite lose his inhibitions or go crazy paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O
    Enough with the Kryptonite episdoes!

I feel like these episodes are filler when they can't think of anything good to write. Make Clark fall under Kryptonite lose his inhibitions or go crazy paranoid.
    I don't think of this so much as a kyptonite episode as a Brainiac trying to manipulate Clark episode. Do we really know if it was kryptonite, the silver stuff just looked as if it was the liquid metal that is part of Brianiac.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I don't think of this so much as a kyptonite episode as a Brainiac trying to manipulate Clark episode. Do we really know if it was kryptonite, the silver stuff just looked as if it was the liquid metal that is part of Brianiac.
    I think you nailed it, Bear....although Chloe and the Kent's called it "Silver Kryptonite" and the substance was kryptonian in origin, it was actually the liquid metal that makes up Prof. Fine/whatever he is. I'm not sure if it was the splinter itself that altered Clark, or if Prof. Fine was able to somehow manipulate Clark via the very small piece of him that was inside Clark.

I wouldn't call this past epi a filler episode as much as I would call it a set up episode. They had to set up the fact that the Prof. is kryptonian in origin, share that knowledge with Clark, and get us ready for what is to come...which I am pretty sure will be really cool!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I'm going to spoiler this simply because I don't know if it's happened yet or hasn't happened. I used to watch the show, but I haven't in a while.

Click to see Spoiler:
    has the episode where someone close to clark dies, happened yet? and if so, who was it?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    No, C_A, it hasn't happened yet. And I don't think you need to spoiler it...it's been explicitly stated in the plotline. This week Clark's dad, who is running for State Senator against Lex almost got shot by a deranged Lex fan--saved by a combo of Clark and Lois. Next week is probably the election finale. At the moment Clark's dad is ahead, but he's out of money. Martha is about to take some money from Lex's dad for more ads, behind her husband's back. Lois is Jonathan's campaign manager and also knows this. Jonathan seems to have no clue about the finances. Lex's dad is working against Lex; Lex is still fond of Clark's family, but wants to be Senator because it is something that he'd have to actually work for he says (of course having $$ for ads doesn't hurt).
    Clark is confiding in Chloe that he's afraid to have sex again with Lana now that he has his powers back as he's afraid he'll go nuts and rip her apart in his excitement (interesting visual image....).
    Think it is becoming more interesting again now that we are done with the witchcraft stuff. Give it another try.

Thanks PWS. I wasn't sure at all since I haven't watched really since sometime last season (I think it was after maybe the 5th episode). It just got too, out there for me. I might give it a try this season, but i HATE its new time slot. Too much competing against it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Thanks PWS. I wasn't sure at all since I haven't watched really since sometime last season (I think it was after maybe the 5th episode). It just got too, out there for me. I might give it a try this season, but i HATE its new time slot. Too much competing against it.
    I'm not sure of your TV situation angel, but in Ontario I get "Smallville" at 9:00 pm Monday on A-Channel, which is part of the CHUM network. SPACE (the Sci-Fi channel) also carries it on Sunday nights at 7:00 and again Monday mornings at 11:00. At the moment I believe SPACE is one week behind A-Channel, episode-wise.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Who's watching tonight? Someone close to Clark is going to die!! This should be a really good episode tonight!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

We have a real problem in Hawaii with this show and others on the WB. The only channel to receive the shows is the local one which is the "local sports" station. They are constantly pre-empting Smallville and Supernatural to show Girls Volleyball, Little League Baseball, etc. I love Smallville, and hope they eventually show this episode, but I am not counting on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I hope I'm not spoiling this for all the people whose shows are "behind" and pre-empted (see above entries), but thought tonight's show was a real neckcracking headspinner.... constant change ups.
    Can someone who saw it tell me.... I took too long out of the room at "halftime" and when I came back Clark was in the Fortress and Jor-El was saying something about there being only one crystal (to turn back time?) to do what he wanted. What did I miss? Did Jor-el reiterate that someone had to die or did they just discuss the crystal or what?
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread