+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

I picked up on Smallville from the DVD's while Season 3 was going on. I watched Season One in a week and Season 2 came out a month after that and was soon completed. I saw Season 3 via the Summer repeats. They paired two shows together each week for a couple of months. Watched 4 and 5 in "real time".

Just watched Season One of Desperate Housewives this way in six nights.

I may have blinked and missed it, but I didn't see John Schneider shown in the opening credits. Anette O'Toole was there, as usual.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    AAgh! I forgot to tape it last night... gotta have my Survivor! Can someone recap for me, at least any parts that advance the relationship between the main characters? Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    AAgh! I forgot to tape it last night... gotta have my Survivor! Can someone recap for me, at least any parts that advance the relationship between the main characters? Thanks !
    I swear i get dumber everytime i watch this show... "Splinter"

anyway here's what happened:

Clark goes to visit Lana/Chloe in metropolis

Lana was in the dorm room looking at some kinda starmap or something on a laptop... He gets there and they make a lil smalltalk and kiss and then Clark is like... Aye Lana someone left this package for you... They open the package (pkg says it's from Lex)... inside is a big ugly rock...Clark picks it up gets a lil sick, hmm guess what...

Silver Kryptonite

At this point they don't know that but Clark leaves abruptly....Chloe then shows up

after that, everything is pretty much a blur to me...

about 3/4 way through the show we realize Clark is sick from the Silver Krytonite (he apparently had gotten a 'Splinter' from the rock when he touched it)... and for the next half hour or so everything that happened didn't happen...Clark was having delusions and suffering from paranoia

Oh yeah, there was a scene where a big mysterious black truck was following Clark and ran him off the road... THIS WAS a straight RIPOFF from an 80's movie i remember called Nightmares (apparently this never happened, this is where i guess his silver kryptonite induced illusions started)

The only other things i remember were:

Pa Kent is going to run for senator against Lex?...Mr. Kryptonian college professor revealed himself to Clark in the episode. The Kents know Chloe knows the secret, and Lex showed Lana the spaceship (He's secretly in love with Lana according to Lionel)

at the end Marsters did something with the Silver Kryptonite near the spaceship and it turned black, I am confused and really don't know what that was all about

Oh yeah, during the paranoia Clark almost killed Lana, bitched at Chloe and put a hurting on Ma Kent and Pops

I had ADD during the episode so i don't know if it was any better than what i wrote, maybe someone out there has a better synopsis
    Last edited by Dogg; 11-11-2005 at 08:05 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    I swear i get dumber everytime i watch this show... "Splinter"

This could explain why I forgot to tape it!
    Thanks very much, Dogg--sounds like a very confusing show! I think it's been coming clear that Lex has a thing for Lana for a while now... but he knows she loves Clark. And vice versa. But that may not stop him much longer the way his relationship with Clark has been deteriorating. Everytime Lex is under some spell where his inhibitions are lifted he makes a play for her in some way...e.g., evil Lex.

Here's what happened when Prof. Fine grabbed the "silver kryptonite" rock at the end...he absorbed all the "silver" back into his body. He is like the terminator in T's 2 and 3...liquid metal. So, IMO, it wasn't really silver K that infected Clark...it was the kryptonian "professor's" liquid metal.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    So is the prof. also from Krypton? I think I only missed one show, but I missed that!

Well, PWS....did you see when he "dripped" off of the hull of the spaceship in Lex's lab? He came off the hull like the liquid metal terminators in T2 and T3, then morphed into a guy that looked like Prof. Fine. Then, in this last episode, he super-speeded around like Clark, and told him that he also is from Krypton...or Kryptonian in origin(not sure exactly how he worded it). So, if you missed this last epi, that's how you missed it!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Well, PWS....did you see when he "dripped" off of the hull of the spaceship in Lex's lab? He came off the hull like the liquid metal terminators in T2 and T3, then morphed into a guy that looked like Prof. Fine. Then, in this last episode, he super-speeded around like Clark, and told him that he also is from Krypton...or Kryptonian in origin(not sure exactly how he worded it). So, if you missed this last epi, that's how you missed it!
    Wow.... no, so far I'd just seen him being a prof.! And chatting with Lex.

Has there been any rational explanation of Prof. Fine's powers? OK...he is from Krypton and it is a very advanced civilization...but we have been told all along that Clark's powers derive from the fact that he is from Krypton. Why wouldn't Clark have the same power to melt and morph and whatever as the Professor character?

And why would all these Kryptonians know how to follow Kal-El to earth? He was just a little kid and Jor-El sent him off in his little spaceship just as their planet and entire civilization was about to explode. Why would they be following him? Why does Prof. Fine care about Clark's destiny? With all of his powers and if he really thinks that humans are a sub-race...why doesn't he just use his power to take over the earth instead of hanging around to mentor Kal-el (Clark)? And if the planet exploded just after Kal-el was blasted off, explaining how he arrived in a whole shower of meteors, how could other Kryptonians know where he went? And why would they care?

+ Reply to Thread