+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Pete is gone from the show forever...the writers wrote him out...he left smallville saying he could no longer keep a secret for Clark and his parents were moving too...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    One thing worries me...since there is no Chloe in the comics they obviously have to get rid of her eventually---certainly at this rate she looks far more likely to wind up at The Daily Planet than Clark!
    Does everyone go off to Smallville U. for college?
    I don't think the writers will get rid of Chloe unless she wants out. They don't mind that she was never in "Superboy" comics, so why start getting concerned all of a sudden. As to Lionel, who knows. In the post-1986 version of the comics, I understand that Lex was the one who killed his parents when he was young for the insurance money, just as Lionel is supposed to have done on "Smallville". The pre-1986 Lex, as I recall, was a mad scientist who blamed Superman for some accident which caused his baldness. I think Clark is close to a scholarship to some Kansas University. I hope the show goes on.

Pete is NOT gone forever. He will be making some cameo appearances from time to time. I think the actor just moved onto bigger and better things.

I am also under the impression that "Smallville"'s run is finite. They will probably do at least 1 college year, if not 2. But I think it will all be wrapped up pretty nicely....with the viewers AND Clark knowing Lex is evil, Clark fully knowing his heritage, and probably Clark flying off into the sunset towards Metropolis to start his life as Supes
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Oh good... glad Pete may be back. Bummer for Clark if the one person his age he could talk to withdrew from him totally.
    Re Chloe.. I know she isn't in the comics ... at least not the old versions ... I admit I'm not up on the newer darker Superman ... but they are making her so important in Clark's life now I figure they will have to plan some way to exit her from it eventually.
    Glad you think there is a finite run/master plan. I hate when things just end with no closure.
    PS You have to know that by adulthood Chloe wouldn't have been as dense as Lois about not seeing the similarity between Clark and Superman. A pair of glasses and a hair curl? Come on!

My thinking, since the pilot episode of "Smallville", has been that at some point, Chloe(the girl that isn't in the comics, so we can be pretty sure won't make it past Smallville lore) will know Clark's secret, and at some point near the end of the series, will die because Clark had to address some other, bigger problem. Clark will be unable to save her, and the lesson learned for a future Superman will be that, as powerful as he is, you can't save everyone.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

i think Lana will die somehow...near the finale of this series...

I did a few web searches on the comics a few months ago to see what has happened over the last few decades. I remember coming across that Lana and Pete are eventually married. Pete is shown as a blonde guy.

Here's an idea. How about if DC comics takes the Chloe character from "Smallville" and gives her a job at the Daily Planet. They could make up a story that she was an old high school friend of Clark who had lived back East for the last ten years. Then they could work her into future Superman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    My thinking, since the pilot episode of "Smallville", has been that at some point, Chloe(the girl that isn't in the comics, so we can be pretty sure won't make it past Smallville lore) will know Clark's secret, and at some point near the end of the series, will die because Clark had to address some other, bigger problem. Clark will be unable to save her, and the lesson learned for a future Superman will be that, as powerful as he is, you can't save everyone.
    I agree. Chole will probably die or move away (just like Pete did).
    Her character is one of my favorites, though, so I hope that doesn't happen any time soon.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thought that the previous episode with Clark marrying Alisha was pretty lame. :rolleyes

Where do you all think that Lana's story is heading? Jason's mom made it sound like she didn't have anything to do with Lana and Jason meeting, but rather Lana was the one that seeked him. Jason's mom could by lying or maybe Lana is evil underneath all that "goody two-shoes" persona. She does have a connection to the black arts.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    You're thinking of one of the Superman movies where Lois dies while Superman is saving the planet. Of course, all he had to do was reverse the orbit of the earth to go back in time save her

If Chloe goes. I quit watching!

+ Reply to Thread