+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Method & Red

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Well, I gave it a second try... still don't like it. I think I'll pass on this one.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Maybe it's just me ,but I think it's funny. I guess because I'm in the target audience.

I loved the "Dr Dre said we have to stay in for 8 days" line, or whatever it was. I was laughing so hard at that one. The laugh track is still very annoying though. It has some cheezy parts but I think all around its pretty funny and I will keep watching.

I didn't see the first episode but hubby loved it so forced me to watch last night. It was okay - had some really funny stuff, but I object in general to the "ghetto" stereotypes, and I don't really like that sort of thing. I could see myself as the Mother, tho .
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Maybe it's just me ,but I think it's funny. I guess because I'm in the target audience.
    I do'nt think it's just you lol, for some reason I love this show. I can't put my finger on why I think it's so funny, but I love it.

I think it's those "ghetto" stereotypes that makes it so funny, it's kind of politically incorrect and they've put two opposite stereotypes together in a stereotype neighborhood, I think it's great. lol (probably because I know a few snobs who could use a "Method & Red" in their neighborhood to liven things up lol)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I saw last weeks episode .It does have a lot of stereotypes on both side of the fence,but there hasn't been anything that I've found offensive.I still watch re runs of 'All in the Family ' and find it incredible funny.I'm not trying to compare the two on a one for one basis, but comedy is full of stereo types. As long as it's not maliscious it doesn't bother me.I found a lot of it to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    This show reminds me a lot of The Beverly Hillbillies because it reinforces negative stereotypes about a certain group of people. In this case, it is black people who happen to get money.

This is a show that I definitely could do without.
    It also reinforces the ones where white people are uncool, unsexy, uninformed and scared to death of blacks. Whatever, I didn't find this show funny, except maybe the tv thing!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

wow.... that was the worst acting I have ever witnessed in my life. I watched 15 minutes of it, if it weren't for the train wreck affect it had on me I could have turned it off after 5.

I don't have a problem with shows (over) doing stereotypes. When it's done right it can be hilarious AND get the target audience thinking. Unfortunately, (in my opinion) there was no hilarity to be found in this show

[comicbookGuy]Worst show ever[/comicbookGuy]
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The bad acting is what makes it so go good, at least to me anyway."Down Town Clowny Brown and his dancing Minions .Dance Minions Dance"

My husband made me watch the show because he wanted to see what it was all about....I was desparate to change the channel. It's a sitcom?? I did not laugh once. Not even a snicker...not even a "hmph." Nada.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast