+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Method & Red

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I haven't heard of this show? When and where is it on?
    It is aired every Wednesday at 9:30 pm on Fox, right after The Simple Life 2.

Hmm, you know I missed this because I was desperate to crank out my SL2 recaps at the time, but after reading what you guys thought about it, I think I'll give it a try next week.

I liked that movie they did, what was it called? Anyway, I remember it because they shot it on my campus.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

It was 'How High'

Thanks, Clipse. How could I forget it with a title like that?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Method Man Wants More 'Ghetto' in Show

50 minutes ago
    By The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Method Man says he's unhappy with Fox for squeezing the "ghetto" out of his new sitcom.

"This is frustrating for me, and it's not turning out for me as expected," said the rapper-actor, who is co-star and executive producer of the network's comedy series "Method & Red."

"I'm trying to keep this show ghetto, and there's a way for it to be both ghetto and intelligent," he said. "But it's not going that way."

In the show, Method Man and fellow rapper Redman play two hugely successful hip-hop stars who move into an affluent, predominantly white gated community in the suburbs.

The comedy drew more than 8 million viewers in its debut Wednesday, but that didn't minimize Method Man's dissatisfaction. He told the Los Angeles Times the series has veered from his original vision because some executives or writers tried too hard to appeal to "middle America" with "lame jokes."

"I know what I wanted this show to be, but there's been too much compromise on our side and not enough on their side," he said. He didn't know the series would have a laugh track, he said, adding, "This show doesn't need it."

Fox executives declined comment to the Times.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ple_method_man

i'm sick of commercial method man and redman :phhht

hmm we don't seem to get this show in Canada (no loss)

um didn't D.H. Lawrence already do this show on UPN or BET or something?? It sounds very similar.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I reead this article. The term ghetto means differnt things to duffernt people. I'm curious to know what it means to Meth. I agree with him about the laugh track.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    hmm we don't seem to get this show in Canada (no loss)

um didn't D.H. Lawrence already do this show on UPN or BET or something?? It sounds very similar.
    Duxxy, you don't get FOX, you poor deprived child?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    This show reminds me a lot of The Beverly Hillbillies because it reinforces negative stereotypes about a certain group of people. In this case, it is black people who happen to get money.

I didn't like the implications of smoking weed on national television. You should not be able to show illegal activity on comedic television.

I also think the show makes these men look like uneducated and uncouth people.

This is a show that I definitely could do without.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast