+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Dead Zone

Re: The Dead Zone

Don't forget: Season Six premieres tonight on USA!

The Dead Zone returns for its Sixth Season this Sunday at 10/9C. In the dramatic premiere, Johnny is hit with visions of friends in grave danger, but is unable to prevent a shocking tragedy that changes his life forever. It's the episode that will change everything ... don't miss the premiere of "Heritage" this Sunday at 10/9C.
    Forgot what happened on the Season Five finale? Check it out here!

I was sad to see Sheriff Bannerman go. I was hoping the final death was a vision but it wasn't

I'm thinking the letter the elderly lady showed the Sheriff had something to do with Johnny's inheritance from his mother or something about her death. I guess the letter burned up in the fire.

I was really hoping, too, that it was just another vision and that he hadn't really died. Sadness.

The previews for next week didn't indicate whether or not the "what was in the letter" storyline was being continued, so I hope they don't just let it die.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2445037;
    I was sad to see Sheriff Bannerman go. I was hoping the final death was a vision but it wasn't

I'm thinking the letter the elderly lady showed the Sheriff had something to do with Johnny's inheritance from his mother or something about her death. I guess the letter burned up in the fire.
    Dang I should have stayed out of this thread. I have the episode on my DVR and haven't seen it yet. Oh well, I don't mind being spoiled. I wish I could catch the season finale again because I don't remember what happened.

toothdoc

FORT Newbie

I think you can watch the season finale at USA's site, toothdoc

Finally watched and was pleased. I am glad that the whole Armegeddon thing is done. It felt like the show was back to what it was in the first couple of seasons. Other comments:

The new JJ -- new JJ really looks like Sarah, but I like that old JJ looked like Johnny

Sheriff Bannerman -- sad to see him go. I vaguely remember a spoiler to that effect though. I agree with what the physical trainer guy said about it being his time. Johnny had already saved him twice that day. Also, his death allows the show to take a new direction--dealing with a new sheriff that DOESN'T believe everything he says.

Sarah -- poor Sarah, pregnancy seems to bring on tragedy for her. First pregnancy Johnny goes into a coma the night of conception, second pregnancy husband dies when she is about to pop. There is a special irony to Bannerman having raised JJ and now Johnny will raise his child.

I didn't watch last season closely -- missed alot of episodes -- but I think I will go back and see if I can find them. This episode reminded me that I really like this show.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Anyone notice the way Stilson was checking out Sarah at the festival? I'm probably going way off base but why do I think the reason Bannerman was meeting with Purdy was because Stilson has some past with Sarah and he's the real father. *dun dun dunnnn* Purely speculation.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I finally watched the premiere last night. I'm not impressed with the new JJ so far. I hope his character becomes a lot less cliché than it was in this past episode.

I thought Bannerman's exit was very anticlimactic. I really liked his character; he deserved a better send off...

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;2448600;
    his death allows the show to take a new direction--dealing with a new sheriff that DOESN'T believe everything he says.
    I completely agree with you Wryle. I'm excited about the new sheriff making things more difficult for Johnny. Maybe the show will get back to its roots.

You can still check out the season 5 finale here: PART I - Videos - USA Network

Quote Originally Posted by chimichurri;2447301;
    I think you can watch the season finale at USA's site, toothdoc

Thanks chimichurri.

I finally watched the show. I enjoyed it even though the Sheriff died. Sara is going to be so mad if/when she finds out that John knew it was going to happen.

toothdoc

I was wondering way back when the show first aired if JJ had inherited his father's ability and I guess it looks like he has. It will be interesting to see him dealing with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast