+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Dead Zone

Not only that but the sheriff has only shown up in one or two episodes and Johnny's ex, the sheriff's wife, hasn't been in any episodes yet. In fact it's been so long since I've seen her that I already forgot her name! I was glad to see them bring Dana back though even if it was probably for just one episode (but was it the same actress who originated the role? I was thinking it wasn't). She disappeared without a word a couple of seasons ago so it was nice to get some closure to her story.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I understand that the season will only be 13 ep long so I don't get why we have only seen one ep of the Senator resulting in his having his finacee posioned on her wedding day and we are already on ep 5 or 6.
    Any idea why such a short season?

Agreed on the lack of long-term arc eps in favor of "situation of the week" ones. Like X-Files, I've always preferred the story arc eps over the one-shots.

Quote Originally Posted by iced_spice View Post
    Any idea why such a short season?

Agreed on the lack of long-term arc eps in favor of "situation of the week" ones. Like X-Files, I've always preferred the story arc eps over the one-shots.
    Absolutely no clue except it is cable and tv shows are expensive to produce. If you go to www.tv.com and check out the Dead Zone Episode guide it shows:
    Season 1: 13 eps
    Season 2: 19 eps
    Season 3: 12 eps
    Season 4: 12 eps
    Season 5: 11 eps

and we have already are 4 eps into Season 5.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was under the impression that this was going to be the last season of this series, that Anthony Michael Hall was tired of it and was going to wrap it up. That we were going to see the prevention of Armagedeon and the death of the Senator. I am not a regular viewer but I was willing to try to follow the show to its natural end. Well, half way through this short 13 ep season and it is going NO WHERE. If the producers try to wrap this all up in the last ep they are doing their follow viewers a very big disservice.

renewed for 2007

Confirmed by TV Guide USA has renewed Dead Zone, The 4400, Monk and Psych.

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Dead Zone

Hey-
    I watched a rerun tonight on USA of the episode "Vortex". After it was over, there was an announcement that the new season starts Sunday June 17! Good news! I was afraid it wasn't renewed and we would be left with a cliffhanger ending similar to Jericho. It will be great to have new episodes to look forward to on Sunday nights.

This is one of my favorite summer shows. I can't wait until it starts again. YAY!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Yay! Time to set up the DVR for Sundays. My Mondays are already full with the Closer returning on 6-18 and a new Reality Show. I really like Dead Zone and am so glad it was renewed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

After the death of Dead Zone creator Michael Piller, the show really went downhill for me. Last season was far inferior to the earlier seasons, imo. I'll be tuning in this summer, though. Hopefully they will have something good in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2427080;
    Yay! Time to set up the DVR for Sundays. My Mondays are already full with the Closer returning on 6-18 and a new Reality Show. I really like Dead Zone and am so glad it was renewed.
    I didn't realize it was time for the new season to start until I looked at the set to tape Sunday night. There it was all ready to go. I don't know about your DVR Arielflies, but with mine I leave all of my favorite shows set to tape 1st runs only. That way I never miss a season premiere.

toothdoc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast