+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Oz

Here are the pics of most of them. The inmates are on the first page and the staff are one the second page.

http://www.hbo.com/oz/cast/index.shtml

FORT Fogey
    Oh my gosh thats right!

I forgot that Oz started before "The Sopranos" and that Edie Falco played an OZ guard before being Carmella.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Here are the pics of most of them. The inmates are on the first page and the staff are one the second page.

http://www.hbo.com/oz/cast/index.shtml
    Thanks for the link, Eldee! I watched Oz...I liked it a lot even though it was totally unbelievable. In real life, I doubt they would put so many violent criminals together with such unsupervised freedom. But on the other hand, there were parts that were very believable...like Beecher becoming violent after prison abuse even though he came to the prison as a family man who unfortunately got drunk and ran over a child. And how McManus was both vulnerable and hardened after years of working in the prison system. Oz was intriguing - I never really expect TV shows to show a slice of reality anyway. I missed the finale...I am going to go rent the final season now.

My brother is a long-time criminal that has been in and out of prison for the last 40 years. He would be dead if prisons were like Oz since my brother isn't a very likeable character...Lucky for him (and unfortunate for me and the rest of the world) that real life isn't like Oz.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey
    I loved Oz. Very compelling There were a lot of things that were hard to watch, but they weren't put in to be gratuitous, it was part of the integral plot. I'm going to have to go out and get season 1 & 2!

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    I loved Oz. Very compelling There were a lot of things that were hard to watch, but they weren't put in to be gratuitous, it was part of the integral plot. ...
    Yes, and there is where I think other shows fail.

KaiCee, I hope that your brother is doing well now.

Getting to know you.

I saw the first episode. Well, well. If you're not tough enough or in the right group, you will become the cell b*tch.

I'm glad that the show has no hollywood happy endings that will work out at the end of 58 minutes or so. There are no perfect persons there.

I hate not having the premium package or cable

did it again. I've been taking out the videos/DVD. So far, I took out the 1st and 2nd season. I look forward to taking out the 3rd season.
    Last edited by eldee; 07-02-2004 at 04:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345