+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS Universe

Pixelated

MS Universe

Ok, 1st let me say, I didn't know where to put this! Is it a reality show or not? So, I put it here to be safe.

These shows are my guilty pleasure, I love them. LOL So, I pick out about 14 in the beginning whom I think are the prettiest and then see how I do in the end. My choices were: Dom Rep, Ecucador, Egypt, Curacao, Barbados, China, India, Israel, Kenya, Korea, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, Singapore, and USA.

Of those 5 went onto to the top 15 and top 10, and 3 went onto the top 5, not bad huh? I thought Paraguay was stunning and was disappointed when she didn't win because I thought she gave the least braindead answer when they asked the questions.

So lets get to the dish: Anyone else think the evening dresses were butt ugly? I have seen prettier dresses hanging off the racks at Penneys! And what was with those National Costumes? Hmmm.....hello! Vegas Showgirls are national costumes? Riiiiight! Yeah, you can see Trumps hand in that one. So, they replaced Kwame with Bill....hmmm.....did you hear why? It seems that Kwame was in the hotel lobby when some of the contestants waved at him and he waved back and they booted him for that :rolleyes whatever. Oh and what did you think of the OBVIOUS silicon on Columbia and Trinidad? I know its not allowed, however, when you are wearing a swimsuit and are bouncing around....and they don't move, hmmmmm. And finally......I hate their flat never had a baby tummies....wenches! LOL

Congrats to Ms Australia....I didnt think she was the best choice....but hey......its all cool. I would have picked Paraguay and then Puerto Rico (who did win Ms Photogenetic) and then either Ecucador or India.

Kitten of the Sith Darth_Kitten's Avatar
    Bo Derek and Bill from the Apprentice were some of the judges....... :phhht

Let's see, just NO europeans in the final........the Canadian girl was a babe but just didn't have the "experience" , ....I guess canadian girls just aren't seasoned gown wearers .......hmmmm, but of course there was a representative from just about every latin country! (hey, I'm not talking about beauty or poise here, but politics, it's just TOO obvious!!!)

Right wing nut Bo *married at 16 to a man 3 x her age and her parents didn't even care* Derek, I bet she made sure no nasty french chicks made it....who emblamed Bo and dragged her out of Orange County and down to Ecuador for this pageant?............ and Bill, well, he doesn't even like women (as tapes for his Bachelor audition prove) so I bet he picked the plastic Barbie doll from his own country....a real patriotic pro-Bush babe.....I'm blindly obedient, pick me!!!!! :rolleyes

Sorry, I'm just having a little fun here.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get caught in jet engines.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    pixelissa, you thought the Miss Singapore was pretty? Well..

I thought Egypt is really pretty too.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I did pick Miss Australia from the beginning and I was glad she won.

I have one thing to say about the Miss USA's costume. What did the costume represent? A show girl from Las Vegas? I though it was way to revealing and inappropriate. :phhht

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Not too sure what she is representing.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

she had a native head-dress on.. but it was all white plumes.. I thought it was inappropriate, myself.
    I've never seen a native girl that blond :rolleyes
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

My first picks at the beginning of the show were Paraguay, India, Ecuador, France and Germany (or maybe I decided on Germany because the tape skipped so many times that we got to see more of her.... ha ha ha ).

I totally agree with Pixelissa that Paraguay actually had answered the final question the best, so I was peeved that she was 3rd runner up.... but hey, she got into top 5 so I was glad.

I actually enjoyed the national costumes .... well maybe the native american thing for USA was inappropriate (I was expecting more Old Glory dress which would've been ick too), but I saw Miss Vietnam, Miss Korea, and the south american women wearing their actual costumes that they wear for special occasions (in south america, lots of Mardi Gras parades where the head dresses are HUGE) so some were actual native costumes to their countries, not just Las Vegas showgirl vesrion get-ups like USA's.

I watched too because no reality shows were on last night. I don't understand why they let the contestants pick the final questions. Here was my favorite:

If you could be from any time period which would it be and what would be your gender?

Ms. Australia: I would be a woman from this time period.

HOW ORIGINAL!

I only saw the end, but I thought Paraguay was gorgeous, but I'm not too into these shows so I didn't really care who won, but I really liked USA's answer to the question She seemed really natural and poised, lol what do I know tho?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

and Miss USA comes from 10 miles away here in the suburb of Florrisant Missouri
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast