+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summerland

Summerland

Just saw this show today and I have to say I completely love it!!! The plot is really simple, a designer that has no responsibilities and lives the 'fast' life in California and lives w/ her 3 friends (2 other guys and a girl) inherits 3 kids (7, 13, 16) when her sister and her husband die in an accident. I'm LOVING this show!! Anyone else see it tonight or plan to see it, there is going to be a rerun of the premiere on Sunday, I'm probably going to watch it again...I know the WB has a ton of crap but man! This show is awesome!!! I'm soo hoping it's not going to be canceled because of audience problems...
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Sounds like Raising Helen.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Pixelated
    So it's good? I am a huge fan of Lori L's BUT chose not to watch because the promo's made it look The OC part 2 (and since I don't like part 1......*shrug*)

I will have to try and catch it on Sunday, thanks for the heads up.

I watch a little bit and absolutely love it. I will watch the whole thing on tape tomorrow. (I was switching channels between this and Miss Universe.)

I saw the last 15 minutes or so. It seemed pretty good. I'm gonna have to watch the entire show this weekend. The WB's repeating the full 2 hours Sunday at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Sounds like Raising Helen.
    that's what i said. but i LOVE it too. it's really touching. It did seem to have alot going on for a two hour start. but i guess they had to set things up.
    but it seems like a typical adult is a kid story growing up.

I loved the first episode! It was great! Yes it does sound like Raising Helen but I liked it still. I can't wait to see other future episodes. I also hope that it doesn't get cancelled because once I like it, I get hooked but they end up cancelling so many shows. Like Miss Match with Alicia Silverstone on NBC got cancelled and I am pissed because I want to know what happens next after we saw the season finale last December. :phhht Oh well...I have my fingers crossed.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21
    I loved the first episode! It was great! Yes it does sound like Raising Helen but I liked it still. I can't wait to see other future episodes. I also hope that it doesn't get cancelled because once I like it, I get hooked but they end up cancelling so many shows. Like Miss Match with Alicia Silverstone on NBC got cancelled and I am pissed because I want to know what happens next after we saw the season finale last December. :phhht Oh well...I have my fingers crossed.
    I think NBC chose the wrong time slot for Miss Match. Not a lot of people stay home and watch TV on Friday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    I think NBC chose the wrong time slot for Miss Match. Not a lot of people stay home and watch TV on Friday nights.

Oh, I agree 100%! Not many people are home on Fridays to watch tv. But I felt like if the time slot was appropriate, then the show would have been more successful. I never missed an episode myself. Oh well...that's that.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I think Summerland's great. I've been a fan of Jesse McCartney (Bradin) for about 3 or 4 years now, ever since he played JR on "All My Children" and he was in the band Dream Street. I was really surprised on Tuesday; I didn't expect him to be that good of an actor at all. (Kind of strange of me to say since I'm a real big fan of his.) I can't wait to watch the series unfold.

When I first got my Jesse McCartney newletter telling me about the show about a year ago, I didn't think it'd be good since it sounded a lot like a show that had just started airing on Lifetime, "Wildcard". And now it seems a lot like the more recent "Raising Helen". But, I like it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast