+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summerland

Caught the re-broadcast because YOU ALL TOLD ME TO!! (yah right, I watch too much tv so I was going to watch it anyway) But I was very glad you guys twisted my arm because I really liked it! It's sweet and sappy and overly dramatic and right up my alley. I think I enjoyed it because of the actors, I like Full House Rebecca and Alias Francie. I don't know, they're not pushing the issues, I'm actually buying the plot. Yeah, I feel a little O.C.-like but not so roller-coaster-y. I'll keep watchin'

So, the big story line for tonight's episode is that Ava starts going out with a man who, in a strange twist of irony, happens to be the father of Nikki's crush. Ooo, the drama.

I also remember seeing something from the promo they aired right after last week's show where Bradin is caught smoking pot. I don't know how that's going to turn out, since just the episode before he came home drunk (I laughed so much when he walked into that patio chair). It might seem as though they're over doing the teenage substance abuse issues, but we'll see how it plays out tonight.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Another cute episode!

Last night's episode was pretty good.

I think Jay (played by Ryan Kwanten) has really cute accent.

Gosh. U guys are so lucky. me being from Singapore am unable to watch all these shows on tv. so i have to download the episodes from the internet. But hey. it's worth it man. this show is so cool! Kinda reminds me of the OC at first. I got hooked on it instantly and i just watched the 1st 4 episodes today. Am now downloading North Shore. Hopefully will be nice too.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    I LOVE Summerland and am glad to see that I'm not the only one!

A show like this has never been done before. It's like these 4 people inherited these kids, not just Ava. It really adds something to the show.

Lori said she thought of the premise because she didn't want to go in without ideas. It was good enough to stick.

I hope this one sticks. I just have to wonder where The WB will put it in a fall lineup. Monday and Tuesday would seemingly be out. Wednesday is a tough fit but could work. They'd be crazy to go in on Thursday with The O.C., Survivor, and Joey on at 8 and The Apprentice and CSI on at 9.

If they can find a good fit, this show is a keeper.

BTW, Shawn Christian is HOT! I've thought so since his days on As The Wrold Turns. He's grown up and grown finer. It's hard to believe he's old enough for Taylor Cole to be his stepdaughter. I wonder what he thinks about people gushing over how sexy she is since he began raising her at about 11 or 12.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I thought it was so funny when Nikki got in the catfight with that girl Amber. I actually didn't think Amber was that attractive...not old enough to pull that kind of look off, IMO. Sussanah's ex was irritating...all arrogant and stuff. I'm glad Jay's getting his act together. I'm also relieved that Johnny and Eva could work through their past issues. I plan on seeing them together by the end of the season.

I like how the show works, like at the end of the last show after the Nikki-Amber shovefest, each of the 4 adults handled different aspects of the situation: Ava with Nikki, Jay with Cameron, FauxFrancie with Amber and Johnny to keep the party going. If only we all had 4 parents to handle all aspects of our youth.... or maybe not considering what we might've done in our youth when no one was looking....

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by |eogeO
    Gosh. U guys are so lucky. me being from Singapore am unable to watch all these shows on tv. so i have to download the episodes from the internet. But hey. it's worth it man. this show is so cool! Kinda reminds me of the OC at first. I got hooked on it instantly and i just watched the 1st 4 episodes today. Am now downloading North Shore. Hopefully will be nice too.
    I missed The Grass Is Greener Than You Think episode. Where do you download them from???

to the FORT, mochaswirl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast