+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summerland

I caught this on tuesday - I liked it. Might be in danger of getting too cutsey/sweet but I'm willing to give it a shot. Besides it has Fake Francie in it!

Watched the repeat tonight. I thought it was pretty good. You can kind of tell where the bigger bonds are gonna form. From the previews, it looks like things should get racier...maybe? What's with Nikki making out with some guy? She seemed so young in the first episode.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21
    Oh, I agree 100%! Not many people are home on Fridays to watch tv. But I felt like if the time slot was appropriate, then the show would have been more successful. I never missed an episode myself. Oh well...that's that.
    What a cute avatar

Er, I stay home watching TV on Friday nights and I never missed an ep either.

I like Summerland OK, I'll keep watching. The main girl, the one that took over the kids....she is REALLY familiar, anyone know what she's been on in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    What a cute avatar

Er, I stay home watching TV on Friday nights and I never missed an ep either.

I like Summerland OK, I'll keep watching. The main girl, the one that took over the kids....she is REALLY familiar, anyone know what she's been on in the past?
    She played Rebecca, Uncle Jesse's wife from Full House a few years ago.

This show was really good. Very simple pilot and from the looks of things, it's going to heat up!

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I love this show as well. I have set my TiVo up to record it as a season pass.

We aren't the only ones, it got very good ratings for it's first eppy, and 13 ep are planned for the summer, and if it does well (ala OC last year) it'll join their lineup during the year permanently :crossfingers I STILL love it, even after seeing the pilot twice
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I'm really happy that people like Summerland. I can be so cynical sometimes, thinking that no one would like it ... but it seems to be doing pretty good so far. Here's a few headlines about the show:

“SUMMERLAND” SCORES THE BEST PREMIERE ON THE WB SINCE 2002

FAMILY DRAMA ALSO SCORES NETWORK’S HIGHEST TUESDAY OVERNIGHT RATINGS OF THE 2003-2004 SEASON

“SUMMERLAND” ACHIEVES HIGHEST-RATED SUMMER LAUNCH IN THE WB’S HISTORY

Woo!
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

Premium Member
    I didn't think it would get such a good reaction either. The commercials screamed "we're trying to ride the popularity of The OC" but it was good.

I've never seen OC so I have no idea if they really are similar. I was just going by the commercials I've seen for it.

FORT Regular
    I watched this show last week and I liked it, probably because it's an Aaron Spelling show and I've usually liked all of his shows

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast