+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Birds Of Prey

Birds Of Prey

Okay I totally loved the Birds of Prey, am I the only one here who liked that show?
    If you don't know, here's the deal:
    Now Batman of course is Gotham city's crime fighter, we all know catwoman is one of the most nortorious cat burguler's, and we also know that they had the hots for each other, well they end up doing the do and had a baby, but catwoman (Salina Kyle) never tell Batman (Bruce Whane) that he is the father of the baby and although she is still in love with him and he with her, she in fact leaves him and the life of crime to raise her baby, Helena Kyle. Well Batman goes on fighting crime until oneday 15 years later, the ultimate batle between him and My personal friend, the joker, well batman defeats him, and for revenge, he doesn't go after batman, he goes after the people he loves. He finds out that Salina Kyle/catwoman is the love of batman and he sends a man later reveiled in the series fanally) to kill Salina, which he does, leaving Helina without her mother and not knowing who her father is, he goes himself to kill Babara Gordon/batgirl, anothr protage of batman, he shoots her and leaves her for dead, she is paralized from the waist down. Batman goes a little nuts, and leaves town because he could not protect the ones he love's especially after he finds out that Salina had his child. Barbara rehabilitates, takes Helena in, tells her who her father is and train's her, after years of intense training Helina become The Huntress, Barbara becomes The Oricle, a high tech crime fighter who guides Helina where the crimes are. And they take a Dinna, a teenage runnaway who discovers new powers she has throughout the show, they train her also, she ends up being the daughter of another of batman protage The Black Canary. All three fight crime, along with the help of Alfred, the trusted butler, and a detective who falls in love wih Helina. Of course we have to have our main villian, since The Joker is locked away in a federal Penn, he has his trusted girlfriend, Harley Quinn to do his dirt for him. Now folks, I love this show...anyone else?

You're not alone. I discovered the show about two episodes before it was canceled. However, I still catching up with tapes from a friend.

SG

Quote Originally Posted by JoKeRsJiNx
    Okay I totally loved the Birds of Prey, am I the only one here who liked that show?
    I enjoyed the show too - it had some of the same quality of writing as the Smallville series (same producers so not really a surprise there). And as a heterosexual male, I have to admit it had two of the hottest women on television (gotta appreciate Huntress' costume for what it was...)

I could have done without the "we'll transform Oracle from a teenage wimp into a world-class martial artist overnight in three easy lessons", but other than that it really was a series I liked.

it's funny, i was going through a stack of old vhs tapes a week or so ago and discovered that i had all the eps recorded

watched a couple and started snoring then i remembered why it got cancelled

metahumans

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    it's funny, i was going through a stack of old vhs tapes a week or so ago and discovered that i had all the eps recorded

watched a couple and started snoring then i remembered why it got cancelled

metahumans
    Yeah the metahuman thing was a little turn off, but I think if they would have kept it like the comic book, and changed that one actress that played Diena, I think it would have not got cancled, plus having it on at 9pm on a wed. The comic book is so off the hook they could have wrote a show for each issue of the comic. When Joker shot Barbara/batgirl, and Batman was outside her hospital room laughing this diabolital laughed, its was classic. Anyway I still think it was a good ideal for a show, the writers just needed a better understanding of the show.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

+ Reply to Thread