+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Quote Originally Posted by buglover
    Was anyone else disgusted with the scene between Nate and the dead woman? I found that quite disturbing.... yet I couldn't take my eyes away!
    I thought it was funny, actually. I suppose I'm a bit disturbed, myself
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by buglover
    Was anyone else disgusted with the scene between Nate and the dead woman? I found that quite disturbing.... yet I couldn't take my eyes away!
    I also agree with other posters about the strange relationship between Keith and David. I'm very concerned as to where this relationship with Rico and the stripper is going. She seems to want a daddy for her kid and someone to take care of her. I hope next week's episode has a bit more to it though! Looking forward to it!
    I was just going to ask about that scene with Nate & the dead woman.
    Um, what did it mean? Is there some sort of meaning I'm not getting?
    It was disturbing...but what a lucky dead lady!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I was just going to ask about that scene with Nate & the dead woman.
    Um, what did it mean? Is there some sort of meaning I'm not getting?
    It was disturbing...but what a lucky dead lady!
    I believe the writer was attempting to draw a parallel between the dead woman running out into traffic for no apparent reason (we saw that she mistook the blow-up dolls for angels, of course) and Lisa having drowned also for no apparent reason. When we saw the silhouette of the dead woman coming out of the bathroom in Nate's dream, you might think for a moment it was Lisa...but it turned out to be the dead lady. And Nate as a widower, now angry and no longer believing in God, couldn't deal with the dead woman's husband's acceptance of her death and his simple faith in God's will in taking his wife and believing it was simply her time to go.

I think.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Once again, an intriguing episode. Brenda gave in so easily to her new guy. Soooo funny how he hung up right after she got done saying to come over. Keith and David just crack me up. The way they interact...when David wanted Keith to take him right there after he was talking about work. I find the whole BJ incident very unique...I am surprised that it's so casual to the both of them though. I like this competition between Arthur and George too.

As for Nate and dead lady, yikeeeessss!!! I found it strangely funny that she died thinking that those blow-ups were angels (the Rapture, right?). I hope I didn't tick anyone off saying that...

Quote Originally Posted by alaskangurl
    I was watching TV last night ( big surpise!!) and I caught the tail end of the Kevin Klein movie "In and out" and Lauren A. was in this movie!!

...Just an FYI for trivia fans...
    Has anyone ever seen "Psycho Beach Party"? Lauren Ambrose is in it. I was watching it today...It was on one of the many HBO's we get. It's pretty funny/kooky . She is just a good actress no matter what she's in.

Well, since you're not embarrassed to admit you saw that movie, Firestorm, I guess it's okay for me to admit I've seen it too I have to say, I had quite a start when I saw she was in it, she was so NOT the angst-ridden tortured artist Claire in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Well, since you're not embarrassed to admit you saw that movie, Firestorm, I guess it's okay for me to admit I've seen it too I have to say, I had quite a start when I saw she was in it, she was so NOT the angst-ridden tortured artist Claire in that movie.

AJane..I only watched about ..oh, i dunno, 20 minutes of it, I had errands to run, but yeah, "Chiklet" is most definitley Claire's polar opposite.

Hey Firestorm

I have to admit, I couldn't get into Psycho Beach Party at all.... I was sad too,because I love Lauren Ambrose.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Finally I was able to catch 2nd episode of 6 feet (I never wanna go into this thread unless I've seen it first lol). I love how this new season has started, definitely lotsa intrigue & loose ends. Love the banter between Arthur and George, it's hilarious.
    That turd in a box was disgusting...lol.

About the dead woman & Nate, that was distubringly funny as well. I guess she figured that she had spent all those years being good & restrained herself from sinning in order to get to heaven, now she said there "was no heaven" so guess she was helping herself to things she denied herself to be good A true nightmare in the right sense of the word

Nate's sulking has got to stop. I understand he's guilt ridden cause of him & Lisa fighting etc before she died... notice how he just walked past that crying kid yesterday to mind his own business... why didnt he stop & comfort the kid? He's too self occupied with his own grief, I understand but.... he's gotta snap out of it... his sulking is getting old (since he spent most of last season sulking too, for different reasons.... I know he's been through a lot but come on guys, give the guy (and us) a break....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fogey
    I am so happy they finally started the new season! I love love love Lauren Ambrose.

+ Reply to Thread