+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

I bought this week's TV GUIDE because Nate & Brenda are on the cover.
    It has some good photos of Nate in there.
    It also tells a few spoilers for season 4.
    If you don't want to know any, don't read any further...

-It says that Nate takes a job at a 'doggy day care' place to find relief from dealing with death everyday.

-Claire gets into a lesbian relationship with a punk-rock performance artist (played by Mena Suvari)

-There's much more 'sex, angst & anguish' this season.

-Episode 12 has an embalming room scene that will 'blow you out of the water'.

-Most of the shows actors are committed to two more seasons.

I just watched the premiere episode last night.

HBO has got to get these shows on the air faster because it had been so long since the last episode,I kept forgetting for the characters it is only the next day!

I love Lauren Ambrose so much. What a pro! I love her delivery!

" I was like completely scandalized" (when she heard her mom moaning in bed with her step-dad)

And then when she told her ex-boyfriend that she had an abortion and he had that little breakdown,the look on her face was priceless!!!

"Are you f***ing kidding me?"

Yes,I have a very dark sense of humor.

I also love that scene when Frederico confesses..very funny! I can't believe that he was kinda checking out street walkers.Hmmmm...I gues she still has an itch that needs to be scratched.

I cannot stand Keith,does anyone else want to choke him?

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I also love that scene when Frederico confesses..very funny! I can't believe that he was kinda checking out street walkers
    He was checking out the stripper woman that gave him the BJ...what was her name? Destiny or something? Anyway, that's who he was checking out on the sidewalk. Guess he will be going back for more.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskangurl
    you must be talking about Gabriel...Wasn't he also on one of those Dawsons Creek-y type shows?? ....Anyhooo...yeah, he's a cutie...
    I started watching Six Feet Under when they were having the toe sucking thing. Yeah, Six Feet Under can be funny

I loved everyone's reaction to the Mom and George making too much noise. All of the actors/actresses are top notch in this show. They make even unbelievable characters seem believable (if that makes sense).

I can't stand Keith either. He is a verbal abusive self-absorbed jerk. He totally is holding David back. But, I guess it portrays what an abusive relationship is really like, huh?
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I bought this week's TV GUIDE because Nate & Brenda are on the cover.
    It has some good photos of Nate in there.
    It also tells a few spoilers for season 4.
    If you don't want to know any, don't read any further...

-It says that Nate takes a job at a 'doggy day care' place to find relief from dealing with death everyday.

-Claire gets into a lesbian relationship with a punk-rock performance artist (played by Mena Suvari)

-There's much more 'sex, angst & anguish' this season.

-Episode 12 has an embalming room scene that will 'blow you out of the water'.

-Most of the shows actors are committed to two more seasons.
    *HUGE SPOILER DONT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS TO ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS*

Click to see Spoiler:
    This is from a chat transcript from Eonline
    "Okay, spoiler alert! In the fifth episode, David picks up a hitchhiker and gets beaten up and is left for dead in the LBC (that's Long Beach, California, for those of you not from SoCal). It effects the rest of the season, and his life changes dramatically."

I'm in Love with Nate - Regardless

Don't understand why the writers ruined a perfectly great love scene. I didn't dig the "quickie" between Nate and Brenda since it's been clear for some time that he has longed for her and only married Lisa on the rebound. :phhht I had preferred that nothing had happened and let the momentum pick up.

The new neighbor is quite hot! Obviously Brenda is smart to make a move after having a disappointing night with Nate.

Brenda's new guy is named Justin Theroux,who was on an episode of Sex and The City as Carrie's boyfriend.I believe Valerie Harper played his mom. He wrote short stories and was very quick in the bedroom. Does anyone else remember him from that?

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

No, but the actor's name is very familiar to me for some reason. Maybe I'll consult with my friend google.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hmmm...Google says that he played 2 different characters on Sex in the City, in 1998 and 1999.

He was also in American Psycho, Zoolander, and Mulholland Drive...all movies I loved, so I must be remembering him from those.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hey gang! And a shout out to my friend Eldee from other threads. I'm a long time viewer of 6FU since the first season and have probably only missed a few eps. The season premier was great, love how all the characters are developing. This is a really complex show and has excellent writing and acting. As I understand it, Alan Ball (creator of the show) isn't going to tell us how Lisa died, he apparently feels no need to do so and prefers to leave it up to the viewer's imaginations. Darn! I'd really like an answer!

Also, the person who dies at the beginning of each episode is commonly called "DGDJ" - Dead Guy du jour - even when it's a woman. They stopped doing the fake commercials for funeral home products after the first ep or so - not exactly sure, but they didn't last.

This isn't a spoiler since the premier ep already aired, and if I'm pointing out the obvious, I apologize. If you haven't seen the ep yet, don't read this next part if it will be a spoiler for you.

****************************** ******* scroll down

On other 6FU boards a lot of folks wondered who the DGDJ was at the beginning, the kid who jumped off a roof during an acid trip, because it didn't seem to have any relevance to the ep as they usually do. Look carefully when Nate is taking cremains (ashes) from a container and putting them into another container to give to Lisa's parents, so he can bury Lisa the way she wished. They are the cremains from Bruno, the acid trip kid. Notice also how Arthur says (while Nate and David are having an argument) that he's going to go now and alphabetize the abandoned cremains, which seems to plant a seed in Nate's head.

Some folks also wondered if Nate buries Lisa under the same tree that appears in the beginning credits. The tree Lisa is buried under bears no resemblance to that tree; it's a much different shape. It's also interesting that the tree in the credits has started to turn red and lose its leaves, which it never did before. Does this indicate that the show is in the autumn of its run?

Another shout out to the viewers is at the beginning of the ep, when Keith says that he feels like he's been eating the wedding cake for twelve months. It has been almost twelve months to the day (June 1, 2003) since the last season premier. A kind of valentine to faithful viewers who have been waiting a year for new episodes.

As far as I know, they will begin shooting new eps in November 2004, which means we won't see another new season until NEXT June, most likely. We'll have to make the most of this season and then subsist on re-runs sometime over the winter.

Looking forward to talking about the show with you guys!

+ Reply to Thread