+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Thread: Six Feet Under

Re: Six Feet Under

What I know of Dexter is that he is a police detective/ serial killer who kills serial killers. It sounds good. I might give it a try
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The finale for SFU really stands out in my mind as the best end to a series of any show I've watched. It hit hard emotionally, it explained what happened to everyone, gave the viewer closure and made even Nate's death seem okay by the end. It was devastatingly sad but a celebration of life at the same time. I can still hear the final song in my mind just by thinking about the finale. I have other shows I was into more like Battlestar Galactica - I was a huge fan of BSG, SFU I enjoyed, but it was very soap operaish. SFU's finale had much more impact and really capped off the show perfectly.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

You are correct about Dexter. He works for the Miami Crime Scene Unit where he is a blood splatter analysis. His sister is an actual police detective.
    There is serious background on how he came to do what he does starting from the murder of his bio mom when he was just a baby. He had an adoptive father who was a long term police detective before his death. His father comes back in flashbacks to speak to Dexter and give him advice in life. That guy is played by the actor who played Samantha's boyfriend on Sex in the City before she got the young one, if you remember that. He was rich and had the house in the Hamptons.

It's not any more gruesome than what you would see on Criminal Minds or Medium IMO. It also has a comic slant and can really crack you up. The writing is just top notch. Acting and cast are great. Most seasons they have guest stars. They have included, Keith Carradine, John Lithgow, Jimmy Smitz and others.

I warn you, it is addictive. You will not be able to get the next dvd in the player fast enought. LOL

+ Reply to Thread