+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Re: Six Feet Under

I always liked how they would show bizare deaths before starting the episodes. The one where the blow up dolls floated to heaven and then the lady standing in the middle of the street waiting to be raptured was so funny

I think I'm in love with Peter Krause.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Dux, SFU was my most favourite TV show ever. All the actors were fabulous, but I particularly liked Lauren Ambrose, who was so perfect as Claire. I haven't seen nearly enough of her work since. Michael C. Hall, interestingly enough, didn't become a big favourite with me until Dexter. My crush was Billy (Jeremy Sisto). My husband absolutely hated Brenda and refuses to watch Brothers and Sisters because Rachel Griffiths is on it but she was another standout for me. Brenda & Billy's relationship was fascinating - creepy, but fascinating. We couldn't believe the show "went there" with the storyline.

Don't know how far you've gotten with the DVDs, but there is one epi late in the series that has haunted me for years. It centers around David and it's horrifically violent (and I'm saying that as someone who was an avid viewer of Oz), but I can single it out as the hardest-hitting show I've ever seen on a TV drama.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm in the second season, the Fishers just built the 'casket wall'. I hate everything Brenda, Billy and their psychotic parents. I hated Claire for the first 4 shows, now I love her. I love watching Ruth (the mother) grow and become her own person again. I think HBO shouldn't rely so much on the F word, it's not the only taboo word in the dictonary.
    The hallucinations usually have me LMAO. I like this show, I like the family. David was creepy for the first few shows, he changed his voice a bit and some of his manerisms now I can tolerate him. Dexter is another show I've never seen, maybe I'll have to borrow that one next

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3902162;
    I'm in the second season, the Fishers just built the 'casket wall'. I hate everything Brenda, Billy and their psychotic parents. I hated Claire for the first 4 shows, now I love her. I love watching Ruth (the mother) grow and become her own person again. I think HBO shouldn't rely so much on the F word, it's not the only taboo word in the dictonary.
    The hallucinations usually have me LMAO. I like this show, I like the family. David was creepy for the first few shows, he changed his voice a bit and some of his manerisms now I can tolerate him. Dexter is another show I've never seen, maybe I'll have to borrow that one next
    You will will enjoy all the seasons of this show. It would be nice to watch it straight through with 1 or 2 episodes per week until the finale. I taped a few episodes when it was on. I may even buy the box set if it's available. I think I would enjoy watching them again from the start.

Tip if you plan to watch Dexter. I would start with Season I. There is a lot of background that plays into the storylines and I think you would miss a lot if you don't start at the beginning. I can't imagine watching Six Feet Under and Dexter at the same time. Because Michael Hall's character is so different, it would freak me out! LOL.

Ok Nikolai (Ruth's boyfriend/flower shop owner) has just had both of his legs broken (I think Russian mob but they haven't told us why yet) and he's sitting up in the house yelling "hello" to anyone who will listen I'm laughing my ass off.
    Brenda is um odd, so far she has given a client a happy ending and had an 'encounter' with a stranger in a clothing store, I'm waiting for her to ask her prostitute friend to hook her up with a gig.
    This really is a great show!
    If the series ends with Nate having a massive stroke I will cry my eyes out
    Last edited by Duxxy; 05-16-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3905135;
    Ok Nikolai (Ruth's boyfriend/flower shop owner) has just had both of his legs broken (I think Russian mob but they haven't told us why yet) and he's sitting up in the house yelling "hello" to anyone who will listen I'm laughing my ass off.
    Brenda is um odd, so far she has given a client a happy ending and had an 'encounter' with a stranger in a clothing store, I'm waiting for her to ask her prostitute friend to hook her up with a gig.
    This really is a great show!
    If the series ends with Nate having a massive stroke I will cry my eyes out
    All I can say is that Six Feet Under had one of the best final episodes I've ever seen.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think Six Feet Under and Dexter are absolutely my favorite shows ever. Duxxy, I'm so jealous that you are watching SFU for the first time, enjoy! I've watched the entire series through twice, and will probably sit down and watch it all again at some point. The writing, the acting - there were so many thought-provoking moments, I loved it all. I agree that the last few minutes of the series were unbelievably amazing - best ending of any show I've seen.

It is really hard to pick a favorite character, but I loved, loved, loved watching Ruth grow and change through the series. She is a wonderful actress.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Yes, there were so many great characters in this show. I aways loved Nate. He was just so sexy to me at that time. I really liked him and I found Brenda to be so CRAZY. I still liked her though at times I wanted to shake her! LOL. IT's still difficult for me to comprehend that she has an Australian accent. It amazes me how many actors have such mastery over their voice.

Patricia Clarkson played a small role on the show. I can't recall if she was Ruth's sister or friend. She's such a fine actor. She was wonderful in her role.

One thing I was disappointed about was how they handled the character of Ruth's husband's daughter. I won't say much as to not spoil it, but old viewers will know what I mean. That was a sad storyline to me and didn't end the way I wanted it to.

Patti Clarkson played Ruth's sister. She's been in 3 shows so far and she's fabulous. A surprising amount of drug use in this show. Brenda is having sex with anything/anyone in sight and she's grossing me out.

+ Reply to Thread