+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    OK, so I'm still playing "catch up" with this show, and am doing a fine job, if I do say so myself. So last night, I watched the episode where the character, Arthur, was introduced at the funeral home. Federico was completing the embalming of a woman, and she was fully dressed; I could see the rise and fall of her abdomen as she breathed!!! I was surprised that they left that in and, moreso, that I saw it! I never catch stuff like that!!! It was totally bizarre since they draw you in so well. I know that they've created dummies/mannequins on that show, but the breathing woman shocked me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know that they've created dummies/mannequins on that show, but the breathing woman shocked me.
    That's funny, I always look for 'breathers' too. I was watching an episode just last night, the one where the guy wants to be buried with his comic book, and the guy was totally breathing in his casket!

Re: Six Feet Under

I know this show is old but I just borrowed the DVDs and I'm on episode 5. I LOVE Keith, David's lover. I love how quirky and odd this show is
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3899404;
    I know this show is old but I just borrowed the DVDs and I'm on episode 5. I LOVE Keith, David's lover. I love how quirky and odd this show is
    Yes, it was very quirky and a great show, and very different from the norm. A lot of the cast went on to be much bigger stars and are currently on tv in other dramas (i.e. Peter Krause, and Rachel Griffiths who plays Sarah in Brothers and Sisters). Here's the link to Wikipedia, if you're interested in reading more about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Feet_Under_(TV_series)

The best thing about discovering an older show is that they're on DVD and you can watch the episodes all in a row!

I loved Six Feet Under. IMO, the best actor to come out of that shoe is Michael C. Hall. For me, he's the only one from the cast who went on to do even better work. I mean, Rachel Griffiths is good, but Brothers and Sisters isn't in the same league with Dexter.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

One of my all time favorite shows! Amazing all around, and yes-Michael C. Hall was the best to come from that show. I won't speak about it since it's a newly discovered gem for some, but the final episode was probably one of my favorite finales of all time. Could not ask for much more from a series finale.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I wish there was another really good series on like this. I miss the old HBO series.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3899859;
    One of my all time favorite shows! Amazing all around, and yes-Michael C. Hall was the best to come from that show. I won't speak about it since it's a newly discovered gem for some, but the final episode was probably one of my favorite finales of all time. Could not ask for much more from a series finale.
    I'm a big fan of The Office, and I about died when I remembered Arthur from Six Feet Under.

I really loved the show too...very smart writing. The series finale was definitely my favorite final episode. I occasionally watch the YouTube video of the last five minutes. It can still bring me to tears.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I'm rather new here and just ran across this thread. I could hardly believe my eyes. Six Feet Under! This takes me back awhile. I really did enjoy this show. It was so good. It was my first rare find on HBO. I literally cried when that show went off the air. You never knew where it was going. I just loved this show.

It has such a great cast! As someone said upthread, many of the actors have gone on to be on other series.

Forgive me, I can't recall all the real names.

Brenda's brother is on Law and Order.
    David stars as Dexter. Just as good as this show.
    Nate is on Parenthood.
    Brenda is on Brothers and Sisters.
    I'm sure there are many others too.

A masterpiece of a show, and we keep seeming most of the cast on tv and in movies.

Peter Krause did Dirty Sexy Money and the Lost Room before Parenthood.
    Frances Conroy has had a long and successful career before and after Six Feet Under. She's in Happy Town right now although I don't think that one will last.
    Michel C. Hall, of course, in Dexter and Rachel Griffiths in Brothers and Sisters.
    James Cromwell has a fantastic resume with four new movies coming out this year and next, including Secretariat.
    Freddy Rodriguez was loved in Ugly Betty.
    Lauren Ambrose did five movies in 2009 including Loving Leah, which I saw, and Where The Wild Things Are, which is on my Netflix list.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread