+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I thought the aging makeup was ... well, odd, I guess.
    I thought the aging make-up only looked good on Brenda and Billy. The rest of them looked weird. Brenda's death had humor in it, in that up to the bitter end she was still listening to Billy drone on and on about his emotional issues, and then just keeled over.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well, I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely hated that ending.
    Hated it. Completely.

At first I thought the show was over when they all toasted "to Nate" and after I saw the full ending, I wish they would have stopped there.

I don't have a real way to describe why I hated it so much, other than it left me with a creepy, unsettling feeling about a show I really loved.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I watched the first and second year of Six Feet Under and starting getting annoyed with it at the end of last season. It started off cute and quirky and then ended up maudlin and way too gay for my taste. The mother turned from a slightly eccentric, but still interesting woman to a whining virago. It started getting sadder, stranger, and the cute quirkyness disappeared. I stopped watching after the very first episode this season and never watched again. Guess I'm in the minority - but good riddance!

***SPOILER REFERENCE ENDING to SEASON 3*****

I just wondering.....how did Lisa die?
    Unless I missed somethin after watching Season 3 on DVD cuz I don't have HBO .... can someone tell me the 411?

BRAVO DIGS UP THE RIGHTS TO HBO'S EMMY-WINNING AND GOLDEN GLOBE-WINNING DRAMATIC SERIES "SIX FEET UNDER"

NEW YORK -- March 11, 2006 -- Bravo has acquired the exclusive rebroadcast rights to 63 one-hour episodes of "Six Feet Under," HBO's critically acclaimed Emmy(r)-winning and Golden Globe(r)-winning drama series. "Six Feet Under" focuses on the cathartic journey of the extended Fisher family, whose personal trials and tribulations are played out against the solemn backdrop of an independent funeral home in Los Angeles. The series will be telecast on Bravo in 2006.

"'Six Feet Under' represents the artistic, creative and critically acclaimed series that defines Bravo's programming," said Lauren Zalaznick, President, Bravo. "The phenomenon that hooked so many HBO viewers will be brought back to 'life' on our air, now available to more than 80 million households, with its signature dark situational humor and dramatic irony."

One of TV's most acclaimed drama series, "Six Feet Under" was created and executive produced by the Oscar(r)-winning writer of American Beauty, Alan Ball (also an Emmy(r)-winner for this show). "Six Feet Under" was nominated for two 2004 Golden Globes(r), with Frances Conroy winning for Best Actress in a Television Series - Drama, and won two 2004 Screen Actors Guild Awards (Conroy and the ensemble cast). The show has received 32 Emmy(r) nominations and won seven times, and has been nominated for eight Golden Globes(r), winning three.

Bravo has consistently featured groundbreaking, critically acclaimed series that challenge the medium and appeal to an upscale, influential audience including "The West Wing," "The Larry Sanders Show" and "Hill Street Blues."

Bravo is the cable network that plugs people into arts, entertainment and pop culture with original programming, acclaimed off-network dramas, comedy and music specials, movies and by showing a whole different side of celebrities. Currently available in more than 80 million homes, Bravo is known for breaking exciting new personalities, shaking up the way we look at style, media, fame and Hollywood, pulling back the curtain on the creative process and making influential and inventive original programming. Its critically acclaimed and award-winning original programming includes "Inside the Actors Studio," "Project Runway," "Celebrity Poker Showdown," and "Blow Out" as well as the 2004 Emmy winner for Outstanding Reality Program, "Queer Eye." The network's latest hits include "Being Bobby Brown" and "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List."

Bravo is a program service of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Bravo has been a NBC Cable Network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. For more information visit www.bravotv.com.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I hate to see it broken up by commercials, but I'll still be there! Absolutely loved this show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I still watch the SFU "On Demand" practically every night, still my favorite show ever--I'll miss it terribly!

Is the episode where the father is killed when the bus hits the hearse the first episode? I'm still playing catch-up.

HBO appears to be running the series at least every night this week. I saw, for the first time, the episode noted above, and I have the TIVO set to catch the show every night for a while.

My life has gone to television hell.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is the episode where the father is killed when the bus hits the hearse the first episode? I'm still playing catch-up.
    Yep, that's the pilot.

Thanks, Fire!

+ Reply to Thread