+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Quote Originally Posted by alaskangurl
    ~Freaked out just a bit when Nate and his Dad were holding Willa. For a split second I thought she had died.
    ~Glad to see Ruth come into her own and muster the strength to start living her life ( wasn't there a point in time where Ruth and the Kathy Bates character had a fling?? Funny how they ended up living together...hmmm...)
    That's interesting I thought that scene with Nate and his Dad meant Willa had died too. A friend of mine believes it was Brenda's realization that Willa was okay that spurred that on...who knows.

Ruth and Bettina sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I ...okay I'll stop. That would be funny.

So Claire would have been 102 huh? I didn't do the calculations but I thought some of them lived a very long life.

I was glad to see Rico and Vanessa was still in the Fisher's life, they were at the David and Keith wedding ceremony.

That last fifteen minutes flew by, which means I have to watch again a few times. I loved the ending but I'm going to miss the series
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

~Interesting, you guys had me thinking maybe Willa DID die because how else would Nathaniel & Nate be holding her? However, I read the obituaries that are up on HBO.COM, and it said Brenda is survived by two daughters, Maya & Willa, AND a son named Forrest Nathanson. Brenda remarried, apparently.

~I like the song played at the end, too. It's on the SFU soundtrack. Anyone who has HBO On Demand, the cast did a sort of mini video to that same song, it was awesome. I watched it over and over.

The scene I'm thinking of (I think prhoshay is thinking of the same one) is one where Keith or the Keith lookalike is standing with another man, I believe with an arm around his shoulder - not the football one. Confusing.
    I don't even recall that scene, and I have yet to watch the show over, but when I do, I'll be on the look-out for it.

FORT Fan
    according to allan ball the creator, who was on npr today, brenda remarried twice after nate died, i guess the flashbacks showed 2 husbands, also he said they left it unclear if maya was really nates daughter, he leaned to her not being biologicaly his. he also said they wanted brenda and her brother to have sex but thought it would freak out the veiwers, so they went as far as they could by making the dream scene long enough to make the viewer uncomfortable, he said it was even uncomfortable when he watched it...he also said ruth was loosly based on his own mother, who was not very loving to her family...he also said he hated funerals and had only ever been to a few and none while the series was on....he also said that was keith in the football scene, or atleast david thought it was...one of davids sons was gay and one married a white woman...clairs life was left blank, but he said it would have been natural to expect she married an divorced and may have had children during the 20 years before her mothers funeral...its whatever the viewer wants it to be....he said not to think that anyones life was any less screwed up in the last 50 years than it was in the beginning,,,we just didnt see all the disfunction....

~Thanks jaymes4u, for the info. Interesting about Brenda/Billy, I wouldn't have been 'freaked out', it's just a show, not real anyway. Brenda & Billy were always so messed up, it would have been par for the course.

~I forgot to mention~When Ruth made the phone call to Maggie to ask her if Nate was 'happy' before he died, Maggie was in a doctor's office....I thought for sure she was there for a pregnancy test, but they never went back to her....Hmmm.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Excellent information. Thank you! I didn't see your notice about NPR until after it aired, darn it. Wonder if they'll replay it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    ~I forgot to mention~When Ruth made the phone call to Maggie to ask her if Nate was 'happy' before he died, Maggie was in a doctor's office....I thought for sure she was there for a pregnancy test, but they never went back to her....Hmmm.

I took that to mean she was doing her job. There were old folks of both sexes in the waiting room - not your typical OB's office. Plus, wasn't this supposed to be like five months after Nate died? She would have been showing. But who knows?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I took that to mean she was doing her job. There were old folks of both sexes in the waiting room - not your typical OB's office. Plus, wasn't this supposed to be like five months after Nate died? She would have been showing. But who knows?

LOL, you're right. I wasn't paying attention to the old people there, plus I didn't even know Maggie had a job. My bad.

I watched the show over last night and saw the picture (discussed in this thread) on Claire's wall of a really old David with his arm around a young Keith. It makes no sense at all, so I'll assume the SFU director was just messing with us.

I was thinking of the end of the finale today and I have a question for all of the SFU fans. Of all of the "secondary" cast members that were on the show, who's obituary would you have liked to see the most?
    I wanted to see how George ended up or maybe even Maya, since they were both on the show for so long. Any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LiliBear
    I was thinking of the end of the finale today and I have a question for all of the SFU fans. Of all of the "secondary" cast members that were on the show, who's obituary would you have liked to see the most?
    I wanted to see how George ended up or maybe even Maya, since they were both on the show for so long. Any other thoughts?
    I was thinking that too. I would like to have seen Billy Chenowith's obit. for sure.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    And Brenda's mom. I also wanted to know about Willa and Maya and Durrell and Anthony.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread