+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I am completely satisfied. I was snivelling at the beginning because I thought baby Willa was a goner, but it all turned out beautifully. I especially loved Claire & Ted getting married some what? - 30 years later? - and Claire living to age 102. Just slightly disappointed that Claire apparently had no kids of her own, though.

But I'm going to have to watch the ending again - I was confused regarding Keith & David's sons - it was as if one of them looked just like Keith??? Or was Keith supposed to be *there* in spirit? It went too fast for me - my husband and I were so excited while we were watching I think some stuff flew past us.
    Thank goodness for TiVo!!! I can replay this thing as many times as I have to. I'm with you on the scene where I thought it was "the boys" too, but one of them looked exactly like Keith. But if that was Keith, then where was the other boy? I've got to work on this one. It did go fast.

I knew Claire would end up with Ted, even if it was 30 years later!! You could see that he really just accepted her for who she was, as she was. I did like seeing how long everybody lived, and how they died. That was a good ending. I don't think I've ever seen one like it, but I am sad that it is over.

It was completely enjoyable while the ride lasted.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    If you're talking about the scene where they were playing football? That was Keith's 'ghost', and once David saw him, he passed over..Of course they showed it so fast, I could be mistaken!
    Keith caught the ball, turned and looked David in the eye with a loving smile.

They have put the obituaries up on HBO.com and there's more detail than we could catch on the show. It lists David being survived by a partner, for example - maybe that's who was sitting next to him and eating potato salad before David dies?

I thought the aging makeup was ... well, odd, I guess. It worked well with the men, but the women all looked the same. I also didn't like Claire as a blonde, and I refuse to believe someone with her beautiful shade of hair would just hit the bleach bottle when she started to go grey.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Addict I need a hit! kant-sing's Avatar
    The ending was incredible. It put the entire show into perspective. I can't think of anyway it could have been done better. Finally a show does what the viewers want it to do. I'm so glad it didn't leave us hanging with just the wedding at the end. Alan Ball, great job. I wish every finale could end this good. I'm really going to miss this show. First Sex in the City, now SFU. HBO needs a new series.
    When words fail, music speaks.
    ------------------------------

Had to watch it again and really let it sink in...This was by far the best ending to a series ever. No cliff hangers, no questions just a compleat wrap up. Full circle.

There were a couple of scenes though...
    ~I also thought it was bizzare that when Claire was on her death bed one of the pictures on the wall showed David old and Keith young...HUH??
    ~Freaked out just a bit when Nate and his Dad were holding Willa. For a split second I thought she had died.
    ~Glad to see Ruth come into her own and muster the strength to start living her life ( wasn't there a point in time where Ruth and the Kathy Bates character had a fling?? Funny how they ended up living together...hmmm...)
    ~Pretty poetic I thought, that Claire, the artist who saw life through a lens was blinded by cataracts at the end.
    ~Loved the scene where David is explaining the embalming process to his son..."Fisher & Sons" forever!!!

All in all this was fantastic!!! Hated to see it end but loved the ending.

BTW---Anyone know who's music they used in that final scene??
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by missyavapai
    I too thought that this was one of the best endings ever....there is no grey area. No open point to resume with...It gave me the chills and I found my eyes welling up every time the screen went to white.

I LOVE the Nate singing dream....
    Oh, I thought Nate singing was great. It just seemed to come out of nowhere, and I thought it was the ending of the show. It was a fun scene though.

FORT Fan
    since clare lived to be 102 she could have easily survived any children she may have had, and i not sure cataracts would still be a problem 80 years from now...i think those were just the eyes of death, the body finally giving up...the football player was the ghost of keith coming to take davids soul, several people saw deceased family members when they died....i think the picture of old david and young keith was just the prop guys messing with us...today at noon npr is airing a special about six feet under...maybe some of these questions will be answered....i also think the last 10 minutes was clair remembering those who died before her, based on what nate said to her when she was going to take that one last picture before she was leaving for nyc..just a thought.

FORT Fanatic
    The song is Breathe Me, by Sia.

I loved the finale - but was horribly depressed by it. I like having things tied up, I guess, but it makes me feel like life is over to see everyone die. All of them seemed tragic to me, the young (Nate & Keith) and the old (Claire).
    I don't think that was young Keith in the photo with old David, by the way. I think the aging make-up and hair was fairly terrible & distracting, and that bald Keith just didn't look as old as wispy grey-haired David. Do they ban hair dyes in the future? Claire looked especially unbelievable with the aging stuff.

I don't really know what to write about the show. There were the cheesy parts (David and the damned hoodie monster) and the unprecedented beautiful parts (Ruth kissing Brenda on the forehead, Claire hugging Ruth). Claire really came into her own - the scenes seemed to be color-blocked and shot with her and her fall colored hair and face in mind. She never looked as pretty as she did in these last few episodes. As the series began with Nate coming back to the home he left and being the focus of the show's energies, the series ends with Claire following his trajectory and leaving LA and the family, only to come back years later for the funeral of a parent and (re)finding the person who keeps her there. And by the way, Go Ted.

did people think that was a nurse or a relative with Claire when she died? If the whole family remained so close, she would have black relatives (through Durell), so it could be a great-niece or someone. I loved that they showed grownup Anthony as a gay man. Nice touch.

I hated Keith having to die the violent death, even if it was doing what he loved and owning his own company. And the irony of Claire being blind at the end was painful as well. To think of outliving everyone you know and love and then gradually losing the ability to see after making your life about seeing things in a way that no one else does. uh.

I have to stop - I'm about to get weepy again and I need to work! But one of the things that got me was how long Claire lives after Nate's death. 80 years. We think of it still as her defining moment that the rest of her life will connect back to, and it is a lifetime - two of Nate's lifetimes - after he passes away. That depresses me to no extent, to think of how life passes so quickly and the major points of your young life are as separate from you at the end as they are from someone just hearing the story told, in a way.
    I don't know - sorry - I'm depressing myself....

*pats Dagny on shoulder* I understand what you mean...what really freaked me out was the dates of death...was it Keith who died in 2025? His date of birth was actually a year or two before mine, and just the thought of maybe only having 20 more years to live sort of shocked me.

It could have been Maya or Willa with Claire at her deathbed, too - wish they would have shown more of the girls in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm
    If you're talking about the scene where they were playing football? That was Keith's 'ghost', and once David saw him, he passed over..Of course they showed it so fast, I could be mistaken!
    The scene I'm thinking of (I think prhoshay is thinking of the same one) is one where Keith or the Keith lookalike is standing with another man, I believe with an arm around his shoulder - not the football one. Confusing.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Dagny...I know what you mean....

I feel like I went through 5 funerals in 10 minutes. I'm exhausted!!!

BTW---I think it was a nurse with Claire at the end. Don't know why, maybe she just outlived everyone...

I also think Lauren was OUTSTANDING!!! her performance is screaming "Emmy"!!

+ Reply to Thread