+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Were I Brenda, I think I might have tried to shove Maggie into the grave with Nate! At the very least, I think I would have told her to leave, in no uncertain terms.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Were I Brenda, I think I might have tried to shove Maggie into the grave with Nate! At the very least, I think I would have told her to leave, in no uncertain terms.
    Yes, but I would feel I wanted backup from my family instead of having to do it all on my own (especially that pregnant!) -- their inaction would indicate they didn't support my position. Brenda already told Maggie off at her house (when Maggie so stupidly went there to leave a casserole! and ended up breaking pottery), and that didn't have the effect of driving Maggie away.

It was interesting, the same week that episode came out I read about how some people who really need a change in their life (mid-life crisis plus inability to own control of their own destiny equals disaster) will manufacture a feeling of "love" for someone and end up cheating on their spouse.

Being so steeped in psychology, Brenda's character or her mother or her work mentor (the sister from Mad About You -- I wish they'd kept the show on longer and done more with her!) could have pointed that out rather than letting the show imply that Nate and Maggie's connection was somehow "meant to be" just because it "brought him peace," therefore implicitly condoning his behavior of screwing around and then telling his pregnant wife he was going to dump her. What a selfish a-hole.

They could easily spin off Brenda's storyline or David's storyline into separate series -- or even one focused on her mother; that would be more of a comedy; she is so hilarious! Wah, I wish they would. I'd watch all three.
    Last edited by Harvest; 08-17-2005 at 10:48 AM.

Did anyone watch the finale? Unfortunately, I had some interruptions so I'll have to catch it for real using On Demand.

I did see the last five minutes, and I don't know quite what to think of wrapping it up that way. I'm going to reserve judgement until I can sit down and watch it in its entirety.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Hepcat,

I thought it was one of the best endings to a series that I have ever seen. I have to say though, until the very end I thought something awful was going to happen. I found myself cringing with every scene as it got closer to the end. When George was walking up to Ruth and her friends outside I thought for sure he was going to pull a gun and shoot them all. Or that Billy was going to go nuts at the party and start a killing spree. Of course, that might be why I liked the ending so much, because it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

BTW, Claire's dream about Nate singing, way too bizarre.

FORT Fan
    i thought the ending was absolutely great, i loved it...it was the best ending of any series ever, it was a show about dying, so what better ending than us knowing how and when they all died...excellent...it really makes you think about yourself and your own family and friends and the time line of death...it couldnt have ended any better..

Okay, I'm caught up now. There were so many powerful moments, and you're right - it made so much sense to see how they all die. It's comforting to see that except for Keith, they all died peacefully.

So many powerful moments! When everyone raised their glass to Nate, and even Maya said, "to Daddy." When David resolved his fears about the hijacker, and woke up to find Nate smiling at him. I liked how Brenda turned a corner about the baby and her vision of Nate changed from critical to just telling her simply that he loved Willa and always would. Another moving moment was Nate whispering to Claire that she couldn't take a picture because it was already gone. Very poignant. Another was when David saw Keith playing football with the kids right before he died.

Did anyone else see in the final scenes David and Keith's boys all grown up? One was holding hands with another guy, so it looks like he's gay. One had a wife and a kid.

When Claire was on her deathbed and they showed a wall of pictures, I thought it was interesting that one was a picture of David in his old makeup paired with Keith looking young.

Also, I don't know the writers by sight or anything, but from the special they showed right before it, it looks like several of them were the audience for David and Keith's wedding.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Did anyone else see in the final scenes David and Keith's boys all grown up? One was holding hands with another guy, so it looks like he's gay. One had a wife and a kid.
    I missed that. I'm going to have to watch it again, I was teary-eyed through the last part and probably missed quite a few things. I felt like I lost friends.

It was comforting (but still sad) to see the characters make it to old age and die naturally, except for Keith. I didn't quite catch all the dates, but it looked like they had Claire living to almost 100? I love how Claire ended up with Ted, and Keith and David got married. Ruth seemed to blossom when she left that house...she literally and figuratively let her hair down. And apparently George stayed by her side until she died. Knowing that Brenda's baby made it to her first birthday was nice, too. I wasn't too sure about how that would go.

I thought it was an excellent ending, even though I hate to see the show end.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I am completely satisfied. I was snivelling at the beginning because I thought baby Willa was a goner, but it all turned out beautifully. I especially loved Claire & Ted getting married some what? - 30 years later? - and Claire living to age 102. Just slightly disappointed that Claire apparently had no kids of her own, though.

But I'm going to have to watch the ending again - I was confused regarding Keith & David's sons - it was as if one of them looked just like Keith??? Or was Keith supposed to be *there* in spirit? It went too fast for me - my husband and I were so excited while we were watching I think some stuff flew past us.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I too thought that this was one of the best endings ever....there is no grey area. No open point to resume with...It gave me the chills and I found my eyes welling up every time the screen went to white.

I LOVE the Nate singing dream....

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    Hepcat,

I thought it was one of the best endings to a series that I have ever seen. I have to say though, until the very end I thought something awful was going to happen. I found myself cringing with every scene as it got closer to the end. When George was walking up to Ruth and her friends outside I thought for sure he was going to pull a gun and shoot them all. Or that Billy was going to go nuts at the party and start a killing spree. Of course, that might be why I liked the ending so much, because it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

BTW, Claire's dream about Nate singing, way too bizarre.

I wasn't thrilled with the finale. I kept waiting for something BIG to happen. I don't think they should have killed off Nate when there was still 3-4 episodes to go. Why not wait until the finale for that? That would have been a shocking finale. I just didn't enjoy the final episodes with no Nate.

The final ten minutes, when everyone was dying...first of all, they showed everyone too fast. It was hard to make out who was who, and figure out everything going on. I'll have to watch it over on HBO On Demand, I guess.

But I'm going to have to watch the ending again - I was confused regarding Keith & David's sons - it was as if one of them looked just like Keith??? Or was Keith supposed to be *there* in spirit?
    If you're talking about the scene where they were playing football? That was Keith's 'ghost', and once David saw him, he passed over..Of course they showed it so fast, I could be mistaken!

+ Reply to Thread