+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

I wouldn't say it was not enjoyable....but I didn't like seeing Claire and David self-destructing. They both need some serious help. Plus knowing that there's only one more episode left is depressing.

Are Billy and Brenda blood brother/sister? I started watching in the middle of the series so I'm not sure about that. Either way, that was one creepy scene. I hope Brenda's baby is alright, the labor scene at the end was intense!

Did I miss something? Are George and Ruth back together? When she said "WE could raise this child (Maya)", I was confused....I thought George just came back for the funeral to help. Maybe after Maggie chewed him out he has nowhere left to go...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fan
    the funeral home will probably become diaz and sons since everyone else seems to be losing it.....a few seasons ago i had the feeling that brenda and her brother had had an insestuious relationship as children, i still think they did..clair is a moron and clearly selfdestructive...david need a little r n r and some strong meds, keith seems ok, except for the occassional rage...yes, the fischers are on the way out, this is one screwed up family...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I thought the most recent episode was anything but bland! In fact, it had me a little on the skittish side. I was afaid that Brenda's dream was real, too. That all relates back to not only what Nate had said about Brenda and Billy going to another country as passing themselves off as a married couple, and to things that have happened with Billy and Brenda in past season......at least things that have been alluded to. They had a sick upbringing, from what I can tell. Billy has come on to Brenda in the past. Eeeewwwww!

It totally freaked me out when the red hooded guy turned around and was Nate, and started stabbing the child. I think David has had a complete breakdown. I half keep expecting David to commit suicide.

I was glad that Brenda finally told Ruth what happened between Nate and the stepsister. She needed to know the truth, even if it was painful.

Thought Claire was a goner last night.

I just can't understand how they can end this show now. The acting and storylines are phenomenal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan
    i guess the ratings are down so the end is here..but i like the show..maybe something equally good will start up...of all the ways people died in the intros, the two i liked the best was...the woman celebrating her divorce by standing up in the limo with her head through the sunroof and hitting a traffic light, splat....and the man cleaning the inside of a giant mixer when another guy accdently turned it on...euuuuw...i dont know how they put him back together...overall a good series.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    It totally freaked me out when the red hooded guy turned around and was Nate, and started stabbing the child. I think David has had a complete breakdown. I half keep expecting David to commit suicide.
    Was it my imagination, or was Nate's face scarred in that scene like the Iraqi war vet who committed suicide? I've been pondering the significance of that but I got nothing.

Waywyrd, Brenda & Billy are blood brother/sister, but considering the weird relationship their parents had, maybe not? I think Brenda will end up alone, with both children (Maya and her baby).

Thought Claire was a goner last night.
    Are we sure she's not? Maybe she did die and it turns out to be a dream sequence?

Extremely thankful Maggie will apparently not be around for the last epi...I thought Brenda's description of her was spot-on.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I don't think Claire is dead, and I think she will end up beginning a life with Ted.

But, you're right. It could all be a dream.

What about the growling "animal" that was coming after Claire while she was sitting at Nate's grave? Was that death? Was the only way that Nate could get her away from "death" was to take off running himself, knowing that she would follow him? And then he disappeared. She got in the car, took off speeding, and flipped the car.....but didn't die because her dead brother saved her by leadingher away??? I don't know. I am so confused. I'm going to watch it again today. I just love a challenging story.

Where is Taggart when you need her???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan
    this is starting to sound like the show "dead like me" the death animal and all...

FORT Fanatic
    Hi guys!
    I thought this week was another great episode. Every time they show Nate again, I have that same relieved feeling that I get when I watch Pulp Fiction and get sad when Travolta's character (our man in Amsterdam) is killed and then am happy again when the nonlinear timeline allows him to be right back in the movie a couple of scenes later. I know that the character is dead, but since I'm seeing him, he's really not. Stupid, huh?
    I did not know it was a dream between Billy and Brenda at first because it seemed so much like it was what they have been building toward. Thank goodness it was a dream. In some way, I think that Brenda thinks Billy is the only man as smart as she is and the only one who can really see her. He is her, but he is the wounded part of her, the fragile part. When he told her in that dream that 'this is what yours would look like if you were a boy,' it showed how confused her feelings are with him. I think that when you fall in love, it's like looking in a mirror that reflects true parts of yourself back to you even while allowing you to see something new. Billy is Brenda's mirror. He is how she knows herself and loves herself and hates herself. I think she did the right thing by asking him to go.

As for Claire - I spent most of the episode thinking what a fabulous actress she is. Damn, girl can emote with that pretty & squishy face of hers. I wonder what she will go on to do next. I like lawyer Ted - did you hear his voice cracking with emotion when he said he would bring back her keys the next day? I don't think they'll end up together though. I don't know - I think Claire will either move out of the house or even move away from LA in the finale. She can't go on the way she is, they can't just leave her blowing in the wind like that. I think the reason Nate's death hit her so hard is because she felt she could relate to him more than anyone else in the family. She might follow the same trajectory that Nate did and need to move away for several years to find herself. I don't know why I just said that - I hate the expression "find yourself." Maybe to develop herself?
    I don't know what was up with the animal at the gravesite. I thought it was that cougar from the ecotone episode. Maybe it was a reminder of the message of the ecotone? Just as it is dangerous for two ecological worlds to overlap, it is dangerous for the world of the living and the world of the dead to blur their lines too much. Maybe he was telling her that she is alive, that she needs to fight to be alive and remember that she wants to feel and to live - not to drink herself into oblivion. Sorry, that's the best I got on the dingo.

Sometimes I want to pinch Rico on the tricep really hard so he yelps and gets a bruise. Yeah, he needs answers - but pick your time and place. David is obviously cracking up - give him a little freaking space.

I heard that the actress who played the sister of the soldier who died is married to the actor who plays David in real life.

I am so sick of the carjacker. We get it, he symbolizes Death, as does Nate now - but the other sides of death in some way. Nate is the concept that we will all die - if the person closest to you, your sibling who you expected to accompany you into adulthood can die, then the thought of your own death becomes more real. The Carjacker Hoody is the violent side of death to Nate's inevitable side. He will take you against your will, while Nate shows that you will go against your will. The hallucination where it was the Hoody and then it was Nate killing the kid was David's thought that even the youngest and most vibrant things we see are going to die - it's just a part of it all.

Ruth needs to let Maya go and focus on being a good grandmother to her and stay in her life that way. She cannot hold on to Nate by getting into a custody battle with Brenda. And as messed up as Brenda can be, Maya lights up when she sees her. ruth can also not fool herself into imagining her and George raising Maya in some little blissful state. Some day soon, Maya and George will both be slipping on their footy pajamas for a trip down to the ol' bomb shelter for pancakes and canned syrup. I did love Ruth being in the delivery room with Brenda. Just keep pushing. Rachel Griffiths has been amazing lately. the look on Nate's face in the delivery room was hard to read - he seemed almost like an indifferent observer.

I hope the show does not end with Keith and David breaking up. they are the most stable couple, and they need each other and the kids need them. David needs some serious PTSD counseling. The PTS is overlapping with his depression and he cannot fight through that alone.

Okay, gotta get back to work. I've been loving you guys' comments on here, and I had to babble out some of my own.

I don't want the show to end!!

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City
    Wow Dagny. Your "ramblings" are always so insightful. I appreciate the different angles you spin on the scenes and the character's interactions. They always make me go back and rewatch an episode or two to see what symbolism I missed.

The only "big" revelation that I had from this past episode was that although Nate and his life seemed scattered, he was actually the glue that held the family together. Without him, everything seems to be unraveling. It will be interesting to see how things get tied up in the final episode.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    Are Billy and Brenda blood brother/sister? I started watching in the middle of the series so I'm not sure about that.
    Yes. Brenda (whose weird psychologist parents sent her to be studied as a child genius and who grew up to be a sex addict) had a caretaker role for her bipolar brother. There was always something incest-y about their relationship.

One thing I didn't buy in the series was when they put Billy together with Claire. I didn't buy when the gay dude got her pregnant and she had an abortion, either. Strangely, the republican lawyer guy is more convincing.

The second-to-last episode was disturbingly Twin-Peaks-ey. I don't know which makes me more anxious, seeing David losing it PTSD-wise, or just any time Billy is on screen -- after he went after Brenda with a box cutter his character was always scary to me, even though in this episode it was more Brenda having weird thoughts about him and not vice versa.

I watched the two half-hour specials. It just made me feel sadder that the show is going to end. And it reinforced how good all the actors are, plus the cinematic way it was filmed. A top-notch show.

Who did you think is the best actor? I think maybe Michael C. Hall who played David. The show only used a portion of his talent. But I also love the actresses who play Brenda and her mother. And, well, I like almost all of them! (I always felt the Rico storyline was the weakest, then the Lisa storyline, although the little girl is adorable.)

Whoa, skipping back another episode, did anyone else think it was totally inappropriate for Maggie to show up at Nate's funeral and at the gravesite? How tacky is that? If I had been the pregnant, cheated-on wife, I would have proably had stress-induced labor if nobody stood up for me and told the ho to leave! It was traumatic to watch, and I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, which makes it more traumatic.
    Last edited by Harvest; 08-16-2005 at 07:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread