+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Here's a question that some of you learned Six Feet Under fans may be able to answer for me...Did Brenda ever adopt Mya?? If so, ya think she'll keep her?? I have a feeling David will take her.
    I don't think Brenda will keep Maya. Brenda didn't officially adopt Maya, and Nate is right, Brenda still thinks of Lisa everytime she looks at Maya. I'm thinking Maya may end up with Ruth.

I did tear up tonight when they were burying Nate, it was so sad, but I think burying him in a potato sack was really dumb. I know that's what Nate wanted, but geez.

I really freaked out when they showed Nate in the morgue. They harvested his organs, including his eyes!

Can someone explain why David kept seeing the man in the red hooded jacket? I know that's the man that car-jacked David, but why was he popping up again, now? Dagny, you out there?

SFU is such a different show, for me, without Nate. Definitley a huge viod without that character.

On a side note--I was thinking maybe that creepy woman that Rico slept with at the funeral director's convention could turn up pregnant. I still keep wondering what her purpose was.

Two episodes left, and some sort of 'good bye' HBO Special August 15.

I've been tossing around a theory, based mostly on this season's tag line "everything, everywhere, everyone dies" (or something like that). What if they start killing everyone off, one at a time. I guess there's not time for that exactly, but every character has someone who might want to come after them. Claire's ex boyfriend Russell, David's car-jacker, one of Ruth's ex-men...

Maybe they'll all end up haunting the funeral home (and Rico?)!

The frustrating thing for me is that I don't have cable, so I'm having to wait to see the season when it comes out on DVD, or a friend who is taping gives me copies! I couldn't stand the wait, so I'm reading the synopsis on the web-site every week, but I don't REALLY know what's going on.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    Can someone explain why David kept seeing the man in the red hooded jacket? I know that's the man that car-jacked David, but why was he popping up again, now? Dagny, you out there?
    I think David kept seeing the car-jacker because Nate, who had protected him all his life (as said by David in his eulogy) from bullies, was gone.

Somehow, I think Keith will do something in the next couple of episodes that will make David realize that Keith can be his protector now, and then the car-jacker will be gone.

Adam

FORT Fanatic
    How sad was last night? I was sitting there sobbing. Seriously need to get a grip. Being still drunk from dinner party may have played into highly emotional reaction...

I like what Adamperk said about the bullying thing and needing to be safe. I think it's part that, and part that phenomenon where you really do die a alittle - mentally, i guess - when put in a situation where you believe you are dead. Post traumatic stress related. i had a boyfriend who got out of the trade center and of course truly believed he was going to die that day, and i think a part of him was separate from the life around him after that. And David thought he was going to die with that guy - and it was the ultimate, the death he had always heard from his religious/societal circles would happen - killed by his gayness, his depravity, his drugs. And when Nate and David were sharing the dream on the way to the beach/death - they were in the back of the white van that David was carjacked in. So it was the vehicle that carried david to his "death" that was carrying nate to his. So when faced with the reality of nate's death - putting his body into the ground, having spent the past days tending to his body like a nursemaid in a renaissance story taking care of their dead - he kept seeing the image of his own death in the form of the carjacker. And Nate always protected him from bullies, but he didin't protect him from the carjacker. So just as David "failed" Nate (lying next to him, asleep, not knowing he was hemorraging/dying), Nate had failed to protect David from the ultimate danger. We all die - we all end up six feet under.
    Bam - how's that ? lol

FORT Fan
    Boy, I'm exhausted from all that crying! I am someone who cries at commercials, so the waterworks were flowing.

I loved Claire last night and love her new boyfriend. I thought it was great when she walked in the funeral home and told David they all "won" because they managed to get dressed.

David broke my heart. I thought I would have killed Keith if he didn't show up to that funeral. And I love Kathy Bates' character. I'd have her over once a week for dinner.

I also thought the eulogy from whatshisface ex-husband was fabulous. I'm wondering if we'll see a re-kindling of that relationship.

It looks from the pre-views like Ruth will try and keep Maya.

Dagny, I think you nailed Six Feet Under's appeal. It does have these layers of symbolism, just like dreams. (Which is probably why dreams and reality are so intertwined.)
    I thought the bird represented Nate's recurring problems with intimacy. He married, made a home, but the problems snunk in through the window. In retrospect, maybe it was the death harbinger.
    I totally agree with your interpretation of Maggie's character: he'd made peace with death and recognized some goodness beyond.
    But I didn't read as much into the carjacker; merely that it was a fear that returned because David lost his protector.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I've only just watched the last two episodes this morning. I just couldn't believe that Nate didn't survive - I did just not see that coming. I read your assessment of the shared dream, Dagny, and it's very compelling.

Wasn't that chilling when Ruth dreamed Nate was in her kitchen talking to someone else, saying something like, "There's no death, didn't that just blow you away when you found that out?"
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    "There's no death, didn't that just blow you away when you found that out?"
    That part gave me the chills too!

Dagny - I now feel compelled to re-watch the last few episodes Thanks
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Just an FYI--Anyone that has HBO On Demand can already watch the Aug. 15 SFU 'good bye' special (that's what I call it). It's two parts, twenty minutes each, with interviews of cast members, producers, etc. Very enjoyable.
    Last edited by FireStorm; 08-10-2005 at 01:13 AM.

-Tonight's episode was not enjoyable at all. The show is very bland without Nate, too.

-I totally thought Brenda's dream about 'touching' Billy was real! Whoa! They had me fooled there for a minute.

-David is so messed up. Why in the world did the car-jacker in the red hooded shirt turn into Nate, in David's mind??????????? I don't get it, and I'm not ashamed to say it! LOL!

-I can't wait to see how they end things. One more episode left

+ Reply to Thread