+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

So is Nate dead or what? He cheats on Brenda with Maggie (like we didn't see that coming) and drops to the floor when he goes to leave. They didn't show any previews for next week, either...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well I didn't see THAT ending coming.

Hmmm. And I can't believe we didn't get scenes from next week. I wonder if there is even a show next week. ...off to HBO web site
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FINALLY got this show back on my satellite. I just saw this week's show, but based on the comments here and the little I saw, I'm guessing that David & Keith will split and David will single-parent the kids. The others, I can't say...but I suspect Brenda's baby will be OK, with *something* bad happening to Nate. That's all I got. How many epis left?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yeah, looks like Brenda's baby will be fine, and Nate will be the one who has 'special needs'. What a turn-around. I'm assuming his AVM has made a comeback in the form of a stroke?

There IS an episode this Sunday, I checked the HBO website.

Adios, Nate ... well, when the going gets tough, Nate gets going ... and this time he really did ... I felt really bad for Brenda tonight and Nate just pissed me off ... loved the scene though with him, David and Nate, Sr. in the van .... thought that was a cool way to go ....

Wow you guys, I cannot believe they killed Nate! (I was holding out hope for at least some sort of reunion special sometime in the future). I, too, was pissed at Nate, he was acting odd/rude in the hospital..ditching Brenda just like that after ALL they have been through, for that little creep Maggie. I absolutley was not expecting him to die...There was that suspensful time after his heart monitor went to zero, and they faded to white..yet you weren't sure if they were going to flash his name/birthdate/deathdate...they hesitated...my mouth dropped when they did it...

I can't wait to see how Ruth reacts to the news...her eldest son dies while she's out 'camping' with that goon, should be interesting to say the least.

I can't believe they killed him either. Poor Brenda...I sort of wish he'd died before he said those things to her, so she wouldn't have to remember that as their last conversation. Hopefully that creepy Maggie will go away now. Ruth is going to lose it when she finds out...she's not been in the best state of mind recently anyhow.

The van scene was nice, though.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City
    Actually, I think Nate's death lets Brenda "save face." Nobody, including Maggie, knew that Nate planned to leave Brenda. This way, she gets to play the grieving widow, more pitty on her that she's pregnant... possibly with a special needs child.

Still, I was somewhat surprised to see him die. Should be interesting to see how the rest of the series goes and the fate of the remainder of the family. I see Ruth getting some of her footing back, faced with a crisis that needs immediate attention.

Talking about a shocker! I too was surprised about Nate. I figured they would kill someone in the family but I didn't think it would be a Fisher...maybe Ruth's sister. I think Nate's death will draw Brenda out of her funk to really make a stable home for her daughters.

The show is really good and even though I'm anxiously looking forward to the upcoming episodes I don't want it to end!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Fanatic
    I've been sad all morning - and, pathetically - I think it is partly because Nate died! I was attached to the character and I didn't think they would kill him. Through it all he has been the one whose perception and view I have seemed to take when seeing the rest of the family, and he is probably the one I identified with the most (Claire at times, Brenda at other times, hell - sometimes even David, but it was Nate for the majority of several seasons of this great show). I can't believe they killed him, but I loved how they did it. Everyone (except Ruth!!) got a chance to say goodbye. Well, thinking about that, I'm wrong. Brenda got broken up with by her sick husband after worrying all night about him despite catching him cheating and she's about to have his baby. Maggie found love again, just to have it snatched away immediately. Claire started to trust she could have a normal life for like half a second, and David started feeling like he was a family man. Now they're all going to have to patch up those holes. But I did love how it seemed like the dream at the end belonged to Nate (and David looked so cool as a stoner!) but then it turned out to be in David's head. Were they both dreaming the same thing? WAs it their final bonding moment as brothers (assuming against all evidence that Nate won't be living in David's head now anyway)?
    Am I so shallow that I'm partly upset because I think Nate is so damn hot?
    Anyway - kudos to the writers for having the balls for this plot move. I'm sure they wouldn't have done it if it weren't the last season, of course. But still.... I'll miss you Nate, you big cutie patootie.

+ Reply to Thread