+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

FORT Fogey
    Tonights show is titled "Eat a Peach". Ruth finds a new way to unwind; David and Keith await news from Mary; Julio gets into trouble at school, suprising Vanessa.

Well this sounds dull. We already know Mary is pregnant, I hope there is more to this. We know Julio gets in trouble. I guess Ruth eats a damn peach.

Maybe it's just me, but that was one of the sweetest* opening death scenes I've ever seen on this show.

*No pun intended, I swear to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Maybe it's just me, but that was one of the sweetest* opening death scenes I've ever seen on this show.

*No pun intended, I swear to God.
    It was...but that poor guy's family was something else!

I'm almost glad that Mary ended up not pregnant, she bothers me. Looks like David and Keith end up with the two brothers, but Keith loses his temper with them next week?

I think Billy might not be around much longer, since his mother alluded to his previous suicide attempt and he can't seem to deal with Claire leaving....
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    Looks like we are going to find out the identity of Maya's real father. Why bring this back to the forefront otherwise. Maya, the product of murderer and victim fits with the tone of this show. It also puts Nate and Brenda on an even playing field in parenting just like David and Keith.

Georges daugher is there for some reason involving Nate. It may not be as pat as leaving Brenda.

The look on Ruths face when viewing "their" new apartment was chilling.

I think we have seen the end of Billy. It would be beating a dead horse for him to stay in Claires life. We have seen enough of his craziness in all seasons. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Claire will experience some changes with her new job OR just become disgusted and go back to her stalled life. We have seen enough of that plot so I expect a new direction for her. Not necessarily a positive one either!

I have no idea how they are going to make David and Keiths drama interesting. So they have some problem kids.

I love this show and hate to see it go. There is a lot of potential material for future seasons, sigh.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    [B
    Dogbat[/B]-I know I've read several times that SFU was cancelled due to a ratings drop, but I'll trust what you say is correct about the creators ending the series.
    http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15293,00.html

I just came across this article. The creator did end this to the dismay of HBO.

Thanks, Dogbat. This season of SFU is so good! Maybe the creator will change his mind! I read that the Creator of The Sopranos (David Chase is it?) is having second thoughts about ending that series....

I'm starting to think maybe we were fooled about Nate hooking up with Maggie. I don't like her anyway, she's a bit creepy. Something will happen with Nate & Brenda soon, though, because I'm sure their happy little home life won't last much longer...

Does anyone know if Rachel Griffiths (Brenda) is pregnant in real life? She appears a bit bloated to me.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, Rachael was pregnant when this was filmed. She had a boy and named him Banjo.

I am very disappointed that this series is ending. There is so much more to tell.

Something is going on with Maggie; there would be no reason for them to show that electricity. It may be the catalyst for Nate to leave Brenda or the inspiration to concentrate on his marriage to get back to the point he felt that way about Brenda.

Everything is tied together in thread that weaves through all of their lives. The writing is superb.

I was quite disappointed with the first few episodes this season, but now it's starting to build interest. Last week's episode with the dead bird was back on track with the first season's weirdness, and tonight's episode was beautiful! I loved the singing around Fiona's body and watching Ruth just unravel. That woman just cannot get it together--no wonder she's so angry when she also has to watch Claire not be able to get it together. Any episode with Patricia Clarkson is a great one...her chemistry with Ruth and Claire and Nate is just the best.

I thought the singing around Fiona's body was a bit much--too weird, even for SFU.

I was just cracking up at Claire working a temp job, that was great, love Lauren Ambrose...Claire's realization that she may not be an artist--kind of a sad moment, really.

And I LOVE any episode Kathy Bates is on...she's brilliant!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I thought the singing around Fiona's body was a bit much--too weird, even for SFU.
    I agree. The scenes with the women took up too much of the show, too.

I thought that Nate and Sophia may get something going but I see now that she is a plot device to allow George and Ruth to split without the audience being distracted with his fate. It is really all about the next step for Ruth. Her loves have come and gone. Or, maybe not. I tend to harbor the hope that her hairdresser boyfriend will come back into her life. (can anyone remember why they split?) I should learn to curtail my optimism when I watch this show.

I am very interested in what Claire will do next. It was too bad when she faced the fact that her art may not carry her as far as she thought but that opens up a new horizon for her. I was getting a bit bored with her art trip.

Nate and Brenda seem oddly settled with their child on the way. Something will happen; we can count on that.

Billy and Nates conversation about their first loves may signal Billy being able to move on but that would be out of character, even on meds.

The kids may drive David and Keith apart.

I love this show. 7 episodes left.

I really don't think any of these story lines will come to any resolution. We are seeing a continuum of life. I expect we will see a flash forward into the future so we see what has happened in their lives and see how they die.

I was convinced, for awhile, that Nate dies. It was a way to explain how everyone, who has been in this show, is in the finale if that is even true.

I have now convinced myself this will end with the deaths of everyone at different times. It has to end with someting more than just a stop in the action of their lives.

+ Reply to Thread