+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

That had to be the worst birthday party ever! What is Nate's problem now? The guy is always miserable...I can't believe he beat that bird to death.

I thought Billy was going to start choking Claire for a second there, she was smart to run out of the house. Not so smart to admit she had cheated on him though, with the way he's been acting. He needs to get back on his meds, quick....

And Rico and Vanessa, finally! Even though she made him leave, maybe it's a start...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey
    Just when you think it can't get darker, Nate beats a beautiful bird to death with a broom. Oh, now, no wait. The surrogate is pregnant. Yeah, that will probably top the bird execution. Has to, the woman is nuts. Oh, now, no wait. They are all nuts. Back to the bird.

So how is this going to end? Clearly they have to maintain the integrity of the work so I expect a very dark and bleak finish with enough left hanging for a future special. No burning bridges; the mantra of a successful series.

Rico may be the only one with a little light on his horizon.

Claire will walk away from Billy but that is so obvious and such a postive step there has to be more. Could the symbol of death, that Nate creamed, mean Claire's death and not another miscarriage for Brenda? I don't think so.

Someone is going to die and it could be anyone. We can rule out Rico, his family and Maya. Even this show has it's limits.

Nate seems to be a more the central character so I am gonna say he unexpectedly walks away from it all in the end just as he appeared in the first episode. I can see him chatting with his dad as they observe the mess they have both left behind. So either in death or with Maya we will see his back. Maya and Brenda have bonded so that may be the clue that he dies. Viewer concern about Maya will not detract from his dramatic exit. That would be walking away in the grander sense of the phrase.

The thread running through this series is death. It seems fitting that the end will be a philosophical observation of the tortured lives from one removed from the emotion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    So either in death or with Maya we will see his back. Maya and Brenda have bonded so that may be the clue that he dies.

Hey, Remember Nate did die on a season opener? I guess technically he died during his brain surgery. I remember seeing his name, year of birth, year of death.

Viewer concern about Maya will not detract from his dramatic exit. That would be walking away in the grander sense of the phrase.

The thread running through this series is death. It seems fitting that the end will be a philosophical observation of the tortured lives from one removed from the emotion of it.
    This show is so full of mystery it really hard to tell who's going. I did read that many of the characters will make an appearance in this final season. I'm waiting for Ruth's sister to return and Arthur (he was so fun to watch )
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Fogey
    I am to the point now, in my speculation, that I hope the real ending does not pale to my fantasy. Someone has to die. That bird was not there for nothing. It visited Nate and Brenda so it is one of them. It has to be Nate. A perfect reason to bring all the guest stars together would be Nate's funeral where he and his dad will be present as well. Perfect ending. They, with Lisa will end the show. Ta da!

Another great episode-from beginning to end. That birthday party..LOL that was good. Typical Fisher gathering, it starts out with good intentions and ends up a total disaster. I suppose the bird was a metaphor for something? The poor thing Nate also saw a bird eating his wedding cake when he married Brenda, so is this the same bird or wha?????

Oh I really like it when Nate & Brenda fight..always have..their fights are so RAW Nate saying "congratulations" to Brenda's news was so telling, what a jerk, can't blame the gal for being angry! LOL.

I thought for sure my prediction about Billy giving Claire a beating was going to come true...almost did, she bailed just in time. It still may happen though. Billy is pretty whacked, and Nate is dying to give Billy a beating of his own.

Rico & Vanessa...It seems like Vanessa has no intentions of getting back together with Rico, she just had a moment of weakness. I wish he'd just MOVE ON!

This is my all time fav show. The direction is just perfect and original. Wasnt the episode when David was car jacked scary! Now thats some good genuwine acting
    " This is not a bible study program, this is a modeling competition" Ebony ANTM Season 1

FORT Fogey
    A bird in the house is an omen of death. So the question is who is going to die? It could be another miscarriage for Brenda but I doubt it. That would not be all that interesting. I am sticking with my theory that it is Nate who dies in the last episode.

FORT Newbie
    I really think there is a recurring theme this season. And that recurring thing is loss of a child/childhood. We have Brenda's miscarriage. We have David's adoption. We have George's childhood. We have George's daughters child. I think the only major character not to loose a child is Ruth. My feeling is Billy will do something terrible to Claire.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by trrsvp
    I really think there is a recurring theme this season. And that recurring thing is loss of a child/childhood. We have Brenda's miscarriage. We have David's adoption. We have George's childhood. We have George's daughters child. I think the only major character not to loose a child is Ruth. My feeling is Billy will do something terrible to Claire.
    Good observation. Ruth could even be included. Her flashback of having to take care of her wheelchair bound mother or grandmother tells the story of something lost in her youth.

The one thing that we can count on is an ending as dark as the show has been. It would destroy the integrity of this series otherwise.

I got an email from HBO tonight--Just an FYI for everyone!

Six Feet Under returns to Sunday nights, starting July 10th at 9pm. Don't miss an all new-episode, "Rainbow of Her Reasons," followed by the hit comedy Entourage at 10pm. It all starts Sunday, July 10th at 9pm, only on HBO!

Ugh! Just when I was getting used to Monday nights, now they switch again!

+ Reply to Thread