+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

FORT Fogey
    The creators decided to end it, HBO did not cancel it. That is the mystery to me. We will never know why.

Where they are going with the surrogate story? There is not enough time left in this season for her to finish a pregnancy.

This show has always been hard to predict but it does not stop me trying.

Georges daughter agreeing to take him for a shock treatment, behind Ruths back, can come to NO good. It may send him to an institution to get him out of the plot but why the secret, there is much more to it.

Claire and Billy will part ways but with MUCH drama and your theory, FireStorm sounds plausable. It could be the straw for Nate to walk away from that crazy family into the soft sweetness of George's daugher. I also agree with you on last season. It was too dark; there was no balance whatsoever.

FORT Fogey
    There is so little interest on this board I wonder if the ratings have drastically dropped.

Ruth, mistakenly saying good bye before correcting it to good night, is telling. It was unconcious but certainly displayed her heart. The George she fell in love with is gone and she is not going to stay around and care for the crazy man. I can see her going in search of Kathy Bates or even her sister.

She is at the end of her rope and something has to give. With Georges daughter on the scene she can walk without guilt from leaving him to fend for himself. And she has to do this soon because his daughter is only extending her stay for a few days.

Do you really think Ruth would leave? I know she's miserable, but I can't see her abandoning George, as much of a burden as he is. I hate to see Ruth and Claire fighting so much...I think Billy is going to lose it after quitting his meds, where is Claire going to go then?

I didn't like Rico hooking up with that weird woman (forgot her name!)...I wish he and Vanessa would get back together. Maybe after she dates other guys for a while, she'll realize she misses Rico?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    I don't think Ruth would leave forever but she may bolt in the moment and return with a life plan.

I think George is upset because he keeps remembering his mother.......thinks maybe Ruth will do the same thing unless he gets better? He's going to die or something........no matter what....can't keep the same tired story going. This is going to have to get really good really fast if they want to go out with a bang!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I know this is going to sound "out-there" but, it looks to me like they are setting up an all die in the end finish. Such as, Billy kills Claire, Brenda and Nate get involved and murdered in the process. Something happens to Keith and David, maybe an accident. (or maybe one of Brenda patients get her?)
    George sets the house on fire and kills Ruth and himself......I don't know just guessing.

Noreen-I've thought of that too. Perhaps a main character dying in the final episode, you know how they fade to white and show the name of the deceased and the birth year & death year, that would be a sad/dramatic ending for sure, I think that there's a pretty good chance of this happening.

Dogbat-I know I've read several times that SFU was cancelled due to a ratings drop, but I'll trust what you say is correct about the creators ending the series.

I didn't like Rico with that freak woman either ( I forget her name too). I don't know whay they would bring her back. Odd.

I wonder what Billy did to get all that money to buy all those expensive gifts? Odds are he stole it from somewhere.

I don't know what to make of the surrogate storyline either. The woman Keith & David were 'interviewing' to carry their baby seemed awful freaky...Problems will no doubt arise soon!

FORT Fogey
    I read that there was a ratings drop when they took a longer break than usual and aired season 4 in June instead of it's usual slot in January. But there were rumblings that they were having internal trouble thus the long break. I faguely remember that there was trouble getting the cast all together to tape it on time. Anyway, there is more to the story.

I hadn't heard any that about the cast. I was sure that they added it to the summer line up to add to the mix of drama and comedy in their Original Programing. A great comedy like Entourage followed by Six Feet. Made sense to me.

I think the fact that last season they weren't honored with such emmy accolades as they had for previous seasons finally made them decide to end the series. If you remember, when this show first premiered it garnered all these awards and accolades. Then last season, nothing. I figured the writers thought that there was really nothing else that they could do with these characters creatively, plus the fact that the series was no longer as popular as it had been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    The creators decided to end it, HBO did not cancel it. That is the mystery to me. We will never know why.

Where they are going with the surrogate story? There is not enough time left in this season for her to finish a pregnancy.

This show has always been hard to predict but it does not stop me trying.

Georges daughter agreeing to take him for a shock treatment, behind Ruths back, can come to NO good. It may send him to an institution to get him out of the plot but why the secret, there is much more to it.

Claire and Billy will part ways but with MUCH drama and your theory, FireStorm sounds plausable. It could be the straw for Nate to walk away from that crazy family into the soft sweetness of George's daugher. I also agree with you on last season. It was too dark; there was no balance whatsoever.

+ Reply to Thread