+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oooh, yuck, I like Brenda on the show, but not with Nate. He's way too good for her.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

BravoFan, my husband actually talks to the TV when Nate and Brenda are fighting, yelling out, "Dump her! Just dump her!"

I kinda liked Lisa though (the actress...Liv something, her name escapes me at the moment...is wonderful). I really don't want to see Brenda playing mommy to Maya *shudder*. I was rooting for Claire and her (gay?) friend...I thought they were great together.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I was talking about 6fu with a friend last night and told him how funny the show is. He thinks that the show is very good but, not funny. I started laughing when the father bought it with that bus. Does anyone else think that it has a lot of humor in it?

Of course, the black humour is the best thing about the show. My husband and I always try to out-guess each other on who and how the doomed person in the opening vignette is going to die. The way Nate Sr. died was funny (and ironic), and what happened to the woman who was hanging out of the sunroof drinking with her friends...well, it's not humour for everyone, I guess.

Maybe I'm just twisted...I suppose I shouldn't rule that out.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Average Jane, my husband too! He calls her some pretty mean names (Mr. Bravo to Brenda, that is )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I've been watching 6 Feet Under since season one. I love it! And there are times that I've laughed out loud. It's a great show!

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Of course, the black humour is the best thing about the show. My husband and I always try to out-guess each other on who and how the doomed person in the opening vignette is going to die. The way Nate Sr. died was funny (and ironic), and what happened to the woman who was hanging out of the sunroof drinking with her friends...well, it's not humour for everyone, I guess.

Maybe I'm just twisted...I suppose I shouldn't rule that out.
    Great! I really enjoy its comedy.

re: Ms. "Long-face" , I thought that the limo would make a quick, short stop and that she would get decapitated but when I saw that bucket truck...

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    The way Nate Sr. died was funny (and ironic)
    Can someone explain why this was ironic? I mean, that was the very first death on the show if I recall correctly. So how could the viewers know anything about Nate Sr. to draw ironic conclusions from??

I too think 6fu is funny in a dark, black comedy kind of way. Uncomfortably so sometimes IMO. But I love the show. Can't wait for the new season
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Maybe one way to view the irony is that cigarette smoking kills. If I remember correctly, he didn't die of cancer but(t) from lighting up.

Nate Sr. was supposed to have quit smoking, he promised his wife. So he was sneaking a smoke...in his hearse...and got smoked (pardon the pun) by a bus while he was distracted lighting a cigarette. Hence the irony - you see, it's all a rich tapestry*

*lame Simpsons reference

+ Reply to Thread