+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

We are glued to the tv every sunday night watching this show.

Also have been watching the first season on DVD this week too. IMO the first season (esp. the first 5) episodes were much funnier and edgier too. My spelling sucks today. Do you ever have days like that?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by alaskangurl
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that George is completely losing his mind!!! I know there's a proper name for the phobia when you're too scared (?) to leave the house, I just can't think of it....
    alaskangurl, I think it's agouraphobic.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover
    alaskangurl, I think it's agouraphobic.
    It's agoraphobic, meaning technically a fear of open spaces. The root from the Greek is: "agro", think of fields or open spaces, or agriculture (which in turn means the culture of fields), and "phobic" meaning fear of, which is attached to many other prefixes. I have it, and I don't think George does. Agoraphobes do not like to leave their safe places which normally are their homes. We do leave, but we are not too comfortable with it. To put it in simple terms, agoraphobes find a safe place and don't like to leave it; as long as the agoraphobe feels safe there, and most often it is the home. In extreme cases - I am not one, mine is mild - agoraphobes are confined to the home for fear of panic attacks. Many, like me, have very normal lives and find ways to deal with the anxiety. Others, sadly, remain homebound, their potential stunted.

George does leave the home without any sign of anxiety. He went and bought walnuts at the farmer's market without any apparent anxiety, for example. George's anxiety is with fear of the end of the world, not agoraphobia. George has allowed his knowledge and his fear to combine to exaggerate his fear of the end of the world. And if you take this a little further, his fear of the future of the world can be translated into his fear of ANY future, which is why he's had so many failed marriages and relationships. I am so sorry for that because I really like James Cromwell and I was hoping my dear Ruth would find some happiness. But George's obsession - not phobia - can certainly be overcome. And Ruth is just the woman to do it.
    Last edited by GreenGuysMama; 09-03-2004 at 02:46 AM.

Another note: Joanna Cassidy (Brenda's mother, Margaret) did a stunning turn in the movie Blade Runner, as the replicant Zhora. At the time she was called by many reviewers "the thinking man's sex symbol". She's still as gorgeous now as she was then. Talk about aging well!

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    What was the breaking point that caused Brenda to send Billy to the loony bin?
    If I remember correctly,Billy fell in love with Brenda and tried to kiss her.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Yeah... you remember correctly. Creepy... but despite the fact that everything Billy does is creepy (even when he's just, you know, standing around minding his own business) he is still gorgeous, so all is forgiven.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I have a feeling Brenda is Preggers (like everyone else posted) but not with Nate's baby. I forgot the guys name she was with before...SHe could be knocked up by him..remeber they did start trying.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuysMama
    Another note: Joanna Cassidy (Brenda's mother, Margaret) did a stunning turn in the movie Blade Runner, as the replicant Zhora. At the time she was called by many reviewers "the thinking man's sex symbol". She's still as gorgeous now as she was then. Talk about aging well!
    She did a really good job in "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead" (stupid title but the movie was kind of cute). Anyway, I remember thinking how she was a classic beauty. I love her laugh.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I'm tuning in on Sunday

Here is what HBO has posted:

Ruth is delighted to meet George's daughter, but worries as his paranoid "views" of the future escalate. "Star" Claire gets high off her newfound fame; Federico pleads his case to Vanessa, who delivers a verdict; David confronts a demon face-to-face; Keith considers an unlikely business proposal; and Nate comes to final blows with Barb and Hoyt.

Let the show begin!! Can't wait for Sunday!!! I have a strong feeling we may learn the fate of Lisa.
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

I don't know... I kinda have the feeling that we'll never really know what happened. I hope I'm wrong though...

+ Reply to Thread