+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    BTW, am I the only one who loves Joanna Cassidy's appearances as Brenda's mom? She's absolutely hilarious.
    Love her! As I was watching her the other night, I was thinking she's such an original character, I wonder how much is written in the script and how much she brought to the role.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by management
    I think Brenda killed Lisa.
    Wow - this is really interesting. I like this idea.

I love the mom too- but hate her 'lover' - I thought he had left the plot for good - until they wrote him lamely back.

And we got reminded that even Billy has slept with him (grr can't remember the charictor's name)- not only Billy, his mom and Russel - I mean, that is quite a coincidence.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Gigo, usually I'm in total agreement with you, but not this week.

I'm with PIMguy on the art thing. It would have been nice had Claire given Russell a little kudos for being part of the original concept, but she went way beyond the initial idea (I actually liked her pictures I thought they WERE very creepy and cool).

I also think Vanessa is way overreacting. Okay, okay, the guy's been punished enough, give it up already. Something about that whole thing is fishy anyway, the way Vanessa is acting is veeeery strange.

I had a totally different take on the Brenda/baby thing as well. Like the scene during the funeral not-so-subtly indicated, Nate is afraid of losing any more people in his life, and therefore is terrified of having another child and putting himself at further risk for becoming emotionally attached to a baby and possibly losing him/her in some fashion. (note - my apologies for the run-on sentence. ) And poor Brenda's bio clock is a ticking time bomb.

BTW, am I the only one who loves Joanna Cassidy's appearances as Brenda's mom? She's absolutely hilarious.

And as for Lisa's sister...I would have kicked her ass for even suggesting that she was going to take my kid from me. Self-righteous witch. What's Nate supposed to do, throw himself in the grave with Lisa? He's a young guy and his kid needs a mom.

And poor David. I'm freaking out for him. Next week should be great.

I especially love Brenda's mom....I always decribe her a 'deliciously bitchy'.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that George is completely losing his mind!!! I know there's a proper name for the phobia when you're too scared (?) to leave the house, I just can't think of it....But I think that's happening to George. He's gonna lock himself up in that bomb shelter and that's gonna be the last we see of him. Finally!!

Claire is being so vindictive. While I don't think Russell really had that much to do with the final product of Claires work, he was there and had a little to do with the inspiration of where her work took her. If the drugs weren't clouding her judgment she would probably give credit where credit is due, but right now she is so insanely jealous that that will never happen.

In my opinion Nate done everything he possible could....WRONG!!! I too think Brenda may already be expecting, and I'll tell you what, If I was a relative of Lisa's, you can be damn sure that kid wouldn't be in his custody for long. what he did is just too creepy to justify.

David is just a whinny little creep...that whole incident he brought on himself. Should have left, could have left but wanted to live on the edge. Well he fell off the edge...suck it up and face it.

Vanessa and Rico---rooting for her to make him suffer!!! His little self righteous act is getting old...Baby, you made your choice, here's another guy who blames everyone else for what he brought on himself.
    Sorry, no pity from me for these yahoos....

What if Billy killed Lisa to make things right for Brenda, and to make things right with Brenda??!!

GOD, I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

"What if Billy killed Lisa to make things right for Brenda, and to make things right with Brenda??!!"

Wow! That would be an awesome twist!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

If I was a relative of Lisa's, you can be damn sure that kid wouldn't be in his custody for long. what he did is just too creepy to justify.
    But that's what Lisa wanted. She told Nate she did not want cremated, nor pumped full of chemicals & buried. He only did what she told him to do if ever something were to happen to her.

I can't wait now to see who killed Lisa. I was wondering if we were ever going to find out what really happen to her, I have a feeling that will be the cliffhanger, & we will have to wait until summer 2005 to find out!

Fort Member
    Can I just ask (because the new season has not started here yet and I am unsure if or when they will bring it back) what did Nate do with Lisas body?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    Can I just ask (because the new season has not started here yet and I am unsure if or when they will bring it back) what did Nate do with Lisas body?

He just took her body out to the desert and buried her. No coffins, no chemicals, just the way she wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    Hi Lucynda!

Lisa told Nate that she always wanted to be buried in the desert when she died and she didn't want to be cremated,although her family wanted her cremated.(guys,please correct me if I'm wrong)so against her familys' wishes,he buried her in the desert. He substitued Lisa's ashes for ashes from the funeral home which were never claimed. The reason Nate got caught is because they use a different process to cremate people nowadays and it makes the ashes 'fine' in texture. Nate used old ashes which were 'chunky' and the familys' mortician noticed the discrepancy.

For this info,you owe me one koala.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Great explanation MrCorkles!

My take on the latest episode (are there two more left...or is next week the finale?). David is nuts, but we all knew that. He's a good kind of nuts...very vulnerable. Nate is nuts too...and Claire?...Nuts...do we see a pattern here?

I love Billy's character (he is really hot this season...someone should post a pic in the Hot Guys thread!!). The thing I don't understand/remember is: I thought he attacked Nate or nearly attacked Nate last season (I may be crazy too...but wasn't there a scene in a warehouse or something?). What was the breaking point that caused Brenda to send Billy to the loony bin?

At the beginning of this season there was a lot of publicity about how the writers decided not to tell us how Lisa died...I think that the murder thing makes sense. Great way for HBO to set the stage for the finale...first tell us that we will never know how Lisa died and then have a little ominous figure in one of her final pictures.

I think Claire should have given Russell some credit for the a small part of the idea, but the final art was hers (and even her Mom said she tore up magazines as a kid). Besides, she was the first one to tear off a facial feature on her photo (the nose). And she was the one who told Russell to get the camera when he got the weird "fake eyes on the face" effect. I think that if Claire were to give Russell the credit for it, she might as well give the drugs the credit too.

Brenda's Mom is a great character. I wish we would see more of her. She always has something amusing to say

Ruth and George are actually starting to interest me. Now if Ruth could only get George out of the Fall Out Shelter
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread