+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under

FORT Fogey
    Mr C! I missed it, I'll catch it tonight.

OK, Maybe I'm just dimented...but who wants to bet Brenda has 'stolen' Nate's sperm from that used condom and tried to make a Nate Jr. with it?? That is the first thing that came to my mind when Nate held up the condom...Wouldn't that just be so sick, yet so wonderful at the same time?!

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    OK, Maybe I'm just dimented...but who wants to bet Brenda has 'stolen' Nate's sperm from that used condom and tried to make a Nate Jr. with it?? That is the first thing that came to my mind when Nate held up the condom...Wouldn't that just be so sick, yet so wonderful at the same time?!
    That would be so devious. Brenda's character has been so bizzare from the very beginning of this series - I guess I wouldn't put it past her.

All the characters are starting to show up on the bizarre-o-meter this season though. I the David/Keith relationship is so weird. Okay, I think I can believe that a couple would agree to have an open relationship and sleep with other people, but Keith calling David (who isn't exactly stable right now) to ask him if a joke from the co-worker was a come-on? Sensitivity isn't Keith's strong point, I guess.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I certainly hope not, 'cause that is an almost direct rip-off of a Young and Restless storyline

I CANNOT believe it took so long for Keith to catch on to the Heywood Jablome joke that is SO old.

to the return of Bettina and Sarah - I so love those old broads.

And a big to Rico.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    And a big to Rico.
    Amen,AJ...I can't believe he went there with Sophia! I am kinda dissapointed with him.

I thought we got rid of annoying-as-hell Lisa last season. Now we are supposed to deal with her in flashbacks??? Aargh.

I've said it before and I'll say it again,enough with Mira Sorvino and Claire.

The relationship with Keith and David is tiring. Does anyone else feel that way?

This is becoming my least favorite season of Six Feet Under.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

What an odd episode

Rico figured "heck! If I'm getting thrown out for cheating, I might as well get a piece while I'm convicted and tried!" Rico was really stupid (or real immature) to think he can be "helping" a sexy woman. Not even he believes it. His wife did what a lot of Hispanic women do (I am one), which is throw out the man, which really leaves him open to be with the other one. Not a smart move on Vanessa's part. She reacted too quickly. She need to observe him longer.

What the hell was the sperm thing all about! GEES! WHY!!! Does Creator Alan Ball believe the viewing public is intrigued with body fluid. UGGGH!!!

The whole lesbian flip is leading me to believe Claire is bipolar or something. It is so unlike her, I wish they would bring the old Claire back. I liked her when she was uptight.

Please please no more gay dramas. How many times can we watch the two gay guys do other guys. No more please!
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

Quote Originally Posted by gigohead
    The whole lesbian flip is leading me to believe Claire is bipolar or something. It is so unlike her, I wish they would bring the old Claire back. I liked her when she was uptight.
    It would have been much more believable, and real, I think, if Claire had backed out...it looked she was going to for a minute there, but apparently caved in at the end. Hopefully it's just going to be a little experiment and then we can be done with this storyline, and get rid of that annoying Suvari woman. She's making me yearn for Claire to get back together with Russell.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Russell is doing just fine

He's getting laid by the lazy art girl, Claire's "so-called" friend. She is now involved with Russell and she seemed annoyed that Claire is now involved with the blonde lesbian. Claire should just hang solo since this cat is all up in her business including up on the lives of her brothers. She's a total waste of character, Alan Ball should just pull "Jeremy Sisto" on her.

What is UP with Jeremy? is he coming back?
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

It's so funny reading how everyone is so unhappy with this season. I'm loving it. Every second of it. I loved Lisa throwing the onions at Nate, I loved everything coming out of Bettina's mouth, I loved the way Keith came out to his coworker, I loved Vanessa's reaction (as it seemed honest and believable), I love the fact that they didn't just let Claire off the hook with Mena Suvari (who I also love), because sexual experimentation isn't all that uncommon and why wouldn't she do it, and I just love the show. It might not be the best season, granted, but it's absolutely my favorite hour of television every week, hands-down.

Oh, and as far as Keith and David's open relationship - meh. Those happen. People have them. It might not be the standard, it might not conform to some societal norm, but it's not a total out-of-this-world fabrication to the point where I find myself taken out of the story because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    I love the fact that they didn't just let Claire off the hook with Mena Suvari (who I also love), because sexual experimentation isn't all that uncommon and why wouldn't she do it, and I just love the show.
    See, I didn't like the obvious way they've been drifting towards sex. I've heard (yeah, I only *hear* about this stuff now, age does terrible things to a person) that homosexual experimentation may be more common now, but I'm willing to bet for every 1 who tries it, 10 walk away if confronted with it. That's why I thought it would be more real if Claire actually rebuffed Allie.

This storyline is just sort of disappointing to me, because SFU has always dealt with issues in an unusual and entertaining way, and this Claire lesbian thing is dull and obvious to me. Brenda's sex addiction was FAR more interesting and riveting to watch then pretentious artsy college girls gone wild. I think the character is just being wasted this year. Just IMO.

ETA: Gigo, I'm praying for Billy's return...in fact, bring back Brenda's whole damn family, they were so fantastically dysfunctional - I loved them

+ Reply to Thread