+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do over

do over

i'm looking forward to seeing this show about a 34 year old that gets to go back to being 14 again...with alllllll the knowledge of a 34 year old.

the kid that's starring was on leno last night. good good personality!

thursday night! with how many millions of shows is THIS going to conflict?:

There are 2 shows which have basically the same "do over" premise this season. Which will get cancelled first?

shall we make a wager?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Whichever one has Tom Hanks in it, he was the originater in BIG.
    Oh he left tv? Wonder what he's doing now?

Seriously , very few shows are as good as the movies. And 2 ?

did anyone watch this last night? i actually REALLY liked it!!

the lead character is very likable and has good comic timing, imo.

it has a "wonder years" feel to it with the narrator in the background. i like the premise that this kid isn't worried about acting like a 14 year old again... but is using his 34 years of "wisdom" (i use that word loosely, seeing as though i'm 32 with very little "wisdom" ) in order to handle 14 year old situations much more rationally than he ever could have 20 years before.

and it cracks me up when he does things without thinking "i'm 14." like picking up his dad's beer and drinking it... and giving his dad advice on how to treat a woman... and when repeating the worst day of his life, he handles it beautifully by saying crass kinda things or much more risque' things...

i like it like it like it. actually made me quite a bit!

now, for the first time last night, i saw the preview for the abc "back in time" show...the commercials don't look interesting to me; however, it has the bonus of being on abc instead of wb (or was it upn) like do over. having a commercial in the middle of "push, nevada" definitely can't hurt its chances of gaining an audience.

but i'm keeping my fingers crossed that "do over" gains an audience.

do over is on tonight!

granted, it completely conflicts with my other tv viewing, but i'm actually going to record it instead of scrubs. yes, i liked it that much.

tonight's episode looks funny per the commercial. it shows the kid going to opening day of "star wars: empire strikes back" and revealing before the show is seen that darth is luke's father. a guy dressed in a darth suit just pummels him! that's something i SO would've done!

according to tvguide:

http://www.tvguide.com/showguide/ShowPage.asp?iProgramID=352068 3
    Although this gimmicky comedy is spookily similar to ABC's hour-long That Was Then, WB's approach is lighter and more entertaining. Badgley amusingly conveys the anxieties of a kid with too much self-knowledge. If this moderately clever show can't make it on Thursdays, we suggest a more compatible spot in WB's Friday lineup.
    i have to agree with tv guide. i DO hope that wb rethinks its thursday night competition and moves it to their friday night line up. i think it would fit in much better there.

That actually sounds pretty funny. I can see him picking up the beer!
    Against Scrubs (one I've never seen), Does that mean it's on at 8:30?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

7:30 central in dallas on WB.

and it cracked me up when he nonchalantly picked up the beer and drank it. his dad and mom and sis were just SHOCKED.

and apparently he'd been such a major disappointment to his dad the first time around and now that he's SO breaking the rules, his dad is LOVING him. thinks he's a real "man's man!"

We get 3 or 4 wb channels, I'm sure we'll be able to catch it SOMETIME tonight! I might wind up taping it and watching after work tomorrow
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

right on!
    i'm curious to see what you think about it!

i really ed for the first episode. not many shows make me really laugh. i'm hoping tonight's isn't a disappointment.

i do hope they move it. it will never survive on a thursday. what were they thinking??! the only way wb can compete on a thursday is to put on some piece of crap that already has a following....like "angel".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast