+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24: Hour #23 11am-12noon

24: Hour #23 11am-12noon

SAUNDERS TELLS JACK 11 VIALS OF VIRUS WILL BE RELEASED,
    SHERRY MAKES HER MOVE TO BE MRS. PALMER AGAIN
    ON “24” MAY 18 ON FOX

Saunders tells Jack that the remaining 11 vials containing the virus are to be released within the hour. Meanwhile, Sherry makes a play to be Mrs. David Palmer once again in the episode “Day 3: 11:00 AM–12:00 PM” Tuesday, May 18 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-323) (TV-14; V)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, Dennis Haysbert as President David Palmer, Elisha Cuthbert as Kimberly Bauer, Reiko Aylesworth as Michelle Dessler, Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida, James Badge Dale as Chase Edmunds.

Guest Cast: DB Woodside as Wayne Palmer, Penny Johnson Jerald as Sherry Palmer, Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe, Paul Blackthorne as Stephen Saunders, Zachary Quinto as Adam Kaufman, Alexandra Lydon as Jane Saunders, Geoff Pierson as Sen. Keeler, Randle Mell as Brad Hammond, Gina Torres as Julia Milliken, Glenn Morshower as Agent Pierce, Mark Rolston as Bruce Foxton.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sherry makes a play to be Mrs. Palmer after all the crap she's done??? I don't even see how that's possible.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I just saw a preview that said a main character dies tonight. Can't wait!!

Wow, the finale is going to be the bomb. Wayne is in big big trouble. Should have kept his gloves on.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    well well..

I'm finally caught up..

after a grueling week of watching all of the DVD's.... I watched all 71 episodes in like, 5 days or so... so yeah, I'm hooked

I've been reading the threads after watching each episode and I must say am quite surprised at all the people quitting the series halfway or so, regardless of any minor slippage, I too feel season 1 was the strongest, 24 is still by far the most entertaining TV show on the tube right now..

it doesn't even feel like a tv show, I've seen many series' on DVD, but this was the one that felt more like a 24hr movie than a TV series...

I also agree Palmer's storyline was so dry in the beginning of season three, I'm so glad they ditched the whole doctor/lover plot early, Palmer's story really began to pick up, but it's still been the weakest.

and I was so glad at the way Kim's carachter has progressed, and people have been saying how she went from helpless idiot to computer hacker so quickly, but after all, she did have 3 years to train, and she always seemed to be pretty "booksmart"..

I have a bunch to say about individual episodes, but whatever, I'd have to bump all the old threads, so I won't bother.. like when Jack offed Chappelle, at first I was like YES!! They're finally offing that prick!.. but then when he actually died, I felt SO sorry for him .. and now that Hammond guy is quadruple the times the prick Chappelle was

anyway, to today's episode, It seemed a lot more dry compared to last week, F18OWNED! that was a crazy shot.

Ding! Dong! the witch is dead... which old witch?? THE WICKED witch... that conniving manipulative witch... ugh, effing Sherry, she got what she deserved, ever since the first season, I KNEW that all she wanted was the white house, she didn't care about family or anything, just a nice comfy spot in the white house

but damn, so many "relatively" major carachters dying this season, Nina, Sherry, Chappelle.. compared to last year where it was only Mason... I think it was only Mason.. o_O .. I don't think 'darlene' counts =P

as for Chloe, she doesn't really bug me that much, she has a good heart, just doesn't really know how to express it most of the time... still, I though Milo from season one was by far the coolest "relatively minor" CTU character.

But yeah, I do distinctly remember one of Wayne's gloves being off when he encountered Sherry, which could cause a scandal if his prints are exposed, which could cause Palmer the re-election, which would be interesting, how wild would it be for Palmer to show up next season working for CTU... If Kim can get in, Palmer probably could too, anything's possible with this show

it'll be interesting to see how the whole last vial thing plays out, if the carrier knows they're on to him, what's stopping him from just releasing it... somehow, though, I have a feeling it's going to be someone already familiar to us..

and they pretty much gave up on the whole Heroin junkie angle with Jack, those must have been some pretty damn strong pills Salazar gave him like 12 hrs ago O_o

and what's with all the torture/wound victims becoming so fully functionaly so quickly? It's happened so many times already, but whatever, with this TV show you have to often suspend your disbelief in favour of one hell of an entertaining ride.

and I can't wait to be discussing with you guys the whole damn way next year

MOP, I've been planning a 24 marathon for a while now, glad to know it's actually possible

The Season Finale...wow. I can't wait. But they have SO much to cover in only 1 hour minus commercials.

1. They have to find the vial, disable it, and looks like Jack is disarming a bomb or something in the previews.

2. They have to make sure Tony doesn't get the death penalty.

3. Chase and Kim have to decide whether they're gonna be together or not.

4. Adam's sister has to die or live.

5. The Sherry/Gloria mess has to be worked out.

6. Senator Keeler has to be stopped from exposing the Pres.

7. Saunders has to be dealt with, after reconciling with his daughter, of course.

8. Not to mention all the quarantine zones in LA! I'm SURE some other people have the virus that they don't know about. They have to!

It'll be a fun episode next week, if they can get it all in.

I really thought Foxtrot or whatever was gonna kill Sherry. What were they planning on doing when Sherry woke up? If Gloria hadn't been there, Wayne wouldn't have come back in...

Wow, that was a great episode. Do you guys remember my "Die, Sherry, die!" post from last week? I couldn't believe I got my wish!

I agree, the president's brother is in deep doo-doo now. I don't know how they are going to deal with that whole thing...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I am disappointed at the loss of Sherry Palmer. For three years now, if you saw her face in a preview or her name flashing across the bottom of the screen, you knew you were in store for an episode that was a cut above the rest. Sherry Palmer could be the greatest TV villain in the last 5 years. She was cold, calculating, and yet we loved seeing her return each time. She was much different than Nina, or any of the alpha male masterminds we received in the first three seasons. Alas, it looks like her days on 24 are done
    As you can see from the excerpt from my other site, I loved Sherry Palmer. One of the few you could count on year after year to bring a great performance each time they appeared.

I'm not sure what the confusion is about Sherry/Keeler. With the pill bottle, Sherry has no proof that she was there. The only other person who could have corroborated her story would have been Julia, the person currently under investigation for the death of Milliken. Julia tied up the last two loose ends when she killed herself and Sherry.

I'm such a tool. I taped the wrong station cause I was in a rush to leave yesterday and missed it. So the big thing is there is one vial left and Sherry is dead? Dammit, I can't believe I missed Sherry getting killed.

Quick summary:

They arrested Tony and will try him for treason.

Jack threatened to put Jane Saunders in the building with the virus. The guards had her almost all the way on, kicking and screaming, before her dad caved and said he would reveal the location of the vials. It turns out he had GPS tracking devices on the vials, and they tracked down all but one. When they got to the last one, it turned out it was a decoy - they suspect was only carrying a transmitter and not a vial.

Pres. Palmer called Sherry to meet him so he could speak to her about "what she wanted". She goes to meet him. Meanwhile, his brother (Wayne?) and an investigator go into her house to search for the pill bottle. Before they go into the house, Wayne gets a call from Julia (the dead guy's wife) and she begs him to help her, because the President is covering for Sherry and no one believes her when she says that Sherry did it. He tells her he can't do anything about it right now...

Palmer tells Sherry she could be his consultant. She gets mad and says she wants a real position: she wants to be married to him again. He is stalling for time and agrees. She goes to hug him, and after a minute, realizes that there is something wrong, tells him to forget it and she leaves.

She comes home and Palmer's brother and the investigator are still in the house. The investigator punches her out and finds the pill bottle taped to her back. They grab the bottle and are leaving when Julia shows up. Wayne follows Julia back into the house, where Sherry is regaining her consciousness. Julia points the gun at Sherry, who tries to tell her everything will be fine - she is going to marry Palmer again and she will be sure Julia is pardoned, blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile, Wayne is saying "Don't do it", etc.
    Julia shoots Sherry twice in the chest, then looks at Wayne, says something to him (I don't remember what - probably "sorry") and then shoots herself in the head. The scene ends with Wayne holding Julia's dead body in his arms and crying.

I think that was most of it. Sherry was probably the best villain ever. I don't recall ever hating any character on television that much before...

It should be an interesting final episode.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I think that was most of it. Sherry was probably the best villain ever. I don't recall ever hating any character on television that much before...
    haha, I was thinking the same thing

sure you have terrorists willing to kill millions of people... but when it comes to pure evil, Sherry takes the cake

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast