+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24: Hour #23 11am-12noon

"I don't recall ever hating any character on television that much before..." Except for Dramarosa, right?

So, lessee, Sherry has the vial taped to the small of her back at the time that she leaps into her ex's arms and is inviting a hug? Yeah, ok. :rolleyes

Thanks a ton OTS! I'm starting to get famous around here for forgetting to tape shows Now that I read that I am not as pissed about missing the episode. Thank you!

FORT Fogey
    That was a good episode! I am also sad that Sherry was killed. I even hate her more than I hate Omarosa! Never thought I'd say that, but Sherry just is so unlikeable.

And oneTVslave, I'm surprised you were able to remember all that. I tend to forget everything and rely on the "Previously on 24" thing. (BTW-I love the way Jack says that its almost my favorite part of the show )

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    (BTW-I love the way Jack says that its almost my favorite part of the show )
    haha, I want Jack's voice dammit.... it just sounds so damn cool

Hmmm...Sherry Palmer vs. Omarosa in Celebrity Deathmatch! That would be great. The only problem with that is that one is a fictional character played by a good actress and the other is a true bee-otch in real life...

And you are most welcome, Clipse. Since next week is the finale, that wouldn't give you much time to catch up. Glad I could help
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Come on folks, you have to check your Tivo. Sherry was wearing a coat over her shirt which would have easily masked any bulge. She was probably not expecting to get naked in her meeting, so it was a good hiding spot. Look at the replay and you will see his hands are at her shoulders as they embrace. She did not leap into his arms, and was almost like watching two people at a junior high dance embrace. Her secret would have easily been safe.

And speaking of terrorists wanting to kill millions of people, Sherry did facilitate plans to set off a nuclear bomb in LA just so she could get her husband back!

Sherry dying...better late than never.

I have a couple problems with the plot. (As usual. )

At the beginning of the show, Jack is trying to get Saunders to tell him where the 11 vials are. Saunders says "Only if you get me safe passage in my private jet from Van Nuys airport to Northern Africa." Why is Saunders even in the U.S.? Why didn't he set up his plan for the vials and then skedaddle in his jet before the first one was released?

The subway thing: Chloe is directing Jack and Chase in their SUV. They can't figure out why they can't spot a vehicle which Chloe says is going northbound at 40 miles per hour. Then Jack realizes it's a subway train, but the one they shut down is the southbound train. You can clearly hear the MTA announcer apologizing for the delay on the southbound line.

Also, 3 minutes elapse from the time people get off that train until they realize they've got the wrong guy and Jack orders the station shut down. Another 3 minutes elapse and Chase comes back and tells him that it's OK, no one has left the building since the train arrived. Now I've never taken an L.A. subway, but I spent 20 years taking the Torono subway. It takes people about 30 seconds to get from the platform, up the stairs, and out the door onto the street. And there are several different exits. There's no way for Chase to know how many people left the building. I guess the writers have never travelled by subway.

One last thing. (I'm on a roll.) If Saunders' man received a tip-off from one of the other couriers, and he decided to get rid of his transmittor, why give it to someone who's getting off at the same subway stop? Why not hide it under a train seat to give the impression he's still on the train? And how did he get his cigarette pack burrowed down so deep in the guy's bag?

But it's still just about the best show around. I don't have any problem with Brad Hammond at all. Tony does deserve the death penalty. You can't have someone that high up in CTU put one person's life ahead of the whole country. And Hammond said he'd put in a good word for Tony to try and get him 20 years instead of death.

And good riddance to Sherry. :phhht (If she's really dead.) I wonder how David will extricate himself from 'Waynergate'.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

"I wonder how David will extricate himself from 'Waynergate'."

Ummm, any bets whether this is a main storyline of next season's show? ;^)

I hope they tie up all the loose ends I mentioned earlier. I can't be left in a cliffhanger!

Also, Fox's website has posted their schedule for the next year, and 24 isn't coming back till January 2005!
    Last edited by Wenders; 05-21-2004 at 10:53 AM.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast