+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frasier

That was the quickest birth ever. The water breaks and all of a sudden your ready to push. I wish it was that easy!

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    They showed them because they were some people who lent their voices for people who called in on the radio I guess over the years.
    Thank you Clipse (and Daddio)...I didn't know they did that for the finales. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out why they showed those pictures (okay, I'm already nuts...no denying that...but it was driving me nuttier )
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I didn't get the impression Frasier was flirting with JenBeals but just doing what some people do on a plane....start talking and never stop. (happens to me every time I fly alone, I hear someone's life story) I got the impression he had followed his girlfriend to Chicago, at least for a trip if not for life....who knows,that will be the next Fraiser show. Loved the baby monkey scene and the chair. Actually the chair comment was just perfect after all the time they spent fighting over that ugly one. VH1 had a great Frasier show on after Frasier and that was pretty interesting.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Eddie the Feisty Dog in 'Frasier' Dies at 16

Eddie the Feisty Dog in 'Frasier' Dies at 16
    AP

LOS ANGELES (June 27) - The scrappy dog known as Eddie on TV's "Frasier" has died.

The 16-year-old Jack Russell terrier, whose real name was Moose, passed away of old age Thursday at the Los Angeles home of trainer Mathilde Halberg, Halberg told People magazine.

The canine character Eddie drove Kelsey Grammer 's lead character crazy for 10 years on the show.

It wasn't all acting on Moose's part, though. He was naturally "extremely mischievous," Halberg said.

His contribution to the show's and Grammer's success was publicly noted by the actor when he accepted a 1994 Emmy for best actor in a comedy.

"Most important, Moose, this is for you," Grammer added good naturedly.

Moose, who also played the older dog Skip in the 2000 film "My Dog Skip," was retired in recent years.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv...00010000000001
    2006-06-27 16:46:25

I'm sorry to see Moose/Eddie go. He played a much larger role on Frazier than many of the supporting human actors.

RIP Moose/Eddie thanks for the laughs on Fraiser!

My heart goes out to Mathilde Halberg right now with a big THANK YOU for sharing Moose with us.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

He was a cute little dog.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    RIP Moose/Eddie

For years people see our Jack Russells and say:

"LOOK! Frasier Dogs!"

We used to get such a kick out of Eddies antics on Frasier.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Passing through, looking for another thread....

The other night I saw a rerun (unnecessary detail, so hang me) of Frazier where Bulldog steals a blind date friend of Roz's away from hasn't got lucky in close to a year Frazier by recognizing her as a Golf pro and challenging her to a match.

After Bulldog sleeps with her and falls into weepy eyed love, she dumps his ass, sending him into a tailspin. He abandons his sports orientated show, leaving Frazier, of all people to fill in, filling in the blanks in wildly off the marl fashion when callers speak of a team name like Indians.

Realizing he's hopelessly out of his league, Frazier tracks Bulldog down to the men's head, taking over for Roz who'd been less than successful bucking Bulldog up, but does get a grin from me when she reminds a guy at one of the urinals not to get his panties too bunched up seeing as this constitutes one of his fantasies. (Roz is my favorite in the show, followed closely by Eddie and Dadguy; but I've never had happy thoughts about hooking up with dad or dog)

Frazier, elitist scumby in a way that he seldom if ever appeared on Cheers (which I blame on proximity to prissy missy Niles), starts to blather in shink mode, wanting to get to that all important dining experience held for 10 minutes, when Bulldog asks him whether he's capable of discarding the bullcrap and speaking and acting like a regular guy.

Frazier actually needs to consider that for a moment or two ( he's so far gone he appears to retain close to no conception of regular guy except for a station to sneer at) before adopting an over the top exaggerated 'To HELL that BITCH' stance, which seems to work not only for Bulldog, but Frazier as well. It takes Niles bitch slapping him to separate Frazier from his brief visit to Testosteroneville.

The reason I mention it, there is often more ways than one that one might attempt to buck up or otherwise aid someone they care about. I've never resorted to spelling it out with a man, but with several women close to me I've at one point or another told them variations of 'I can either act wholy
    supportingly of you or I can tell you the truth as I see it, your choice'.

Often, if not generally, there is quite a bit of difference between the two. A friend will provide one or the other, a true friend (in my view) will recognize that there is a not insubstantial difference between the two and
    allow the one they care for to opt for what they most need at that point in time.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Ok you've highjacked the thread, because I can't resist replying that if anyone ever offered me that choice I'd consider dumping them as a friend...assuming this wasn't the 5th month of my mooning over some lost love. What someone wants is to believe you are supportive, which clearly they can't after that choice!
    I miss Frasier....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2280033;
    Ok you've highjacked the thread, because I can't resist replying that if anyone ever offered me that choice I'd consider dumping them as a friend...assuming this wasn't the 5th month of my mooning over some lost love. What someone wants is to believe you are supportive, which clearly they can't after that choice!
    I miss Frasier....
    Smooth and insightful about women I'm not. 'George' from Grey's Anatomy may have taken lessons from me, the poor fool.

I see your point. Taking another look at what I said, I can appreciate what you're saying about considering ridding yourself of a non-supportive would be supporter like that. I've heard basically the same position stated in the past once my ears stopped ringing from being decked for not being supportive {figuratively and jokingly exaggerating, but only slightly}

I'll offer one clarifying addition that may mitigate the image I created in another not so scathingly brilliant post. When I'm speaking of having sought a preference, that came about at some point following the moment in time where I gave support as best as I could in my view (the unqualified version), but realizing this wasn't likely to be the only time support is needed or desired, I ask what best suits the individual. I'm an equal opportunity flubber when it comes to social miscues of this type. I've been graded and given an 'F' by not giving unqualified 'I'm entirely on your side right or wrong support', as well as giving that level of support to another only to be informed my effort had been considered, evaluated and weighed and deemed seriously wanting in actual supportiveness proffered due to the fact that in being supportive in the short term, I was less than supportive lending my eyes and ears or other assets in offering an assessment of what needs to be considered to avoid the same or closely similar incident from recurring due to lack of awareness of something I as an observer was better positioned to see than....oh dear; pardon me one moment

I'm supposed to be brief, I tell myself. I can see this explanation generating some propellant force suggesting another out of control long haul so I'm ending it while I still can.

I'll just add this in departing, just ending the thought I interrupted with the head banging session. What is supportive to one doesn't necessarily seem all that supportive to another. In speaking of asking for an overall preference, that just provided an overall guideline that I could follow in the future, not a choice that I'd for a moment to be indicated in each and every conceivable future support session.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast