+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Speaking of the Frasier Finale...does anyone know why they showed the still pictures of actors and actresses after the show ended? Benjamin Bratt was one of them...I can't remember all of them. I first thought they were going to show actors and actresses that had long-standing parts on the show...but that couldn't be it because Frasiers agent wasn't shown. I wonder why they showed them? I haven't got a clue where I would find this information ...I guess I'm off to google.....
    They showed them because they were some people who lent their voices for people who called in on the radio I guess over the years.

I've always loved Fraiser but I did stop watching the last couple years. But the last show was great, I loved it. there were some great funny moments and I loved the ending on the plane.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Speaking of the Frasier Finale...does anyone know why they showed the still pictures of actors and actresses after the show ended? Benjamin Bratt was one of them...I can't remember all of them. I first thought they were going to show actors and actresses that had long-standing parts on the show...but that couldn't be it because Frasiers agent wasn't shown. I wonder why they showed them? I haven't got a clue where I would find this information ...I guess I'm off to google.....
    Yes KaiCee its just as Clipse said. It was a Frasier tradition on the season finale of each season to show the photos.

So when you watch the re-runs in syndication, you can always tell what show was a season finale because of the photos of the people who had called through that particular season.

Last nights show was superb. THAT is how a series should end. Top notch writing, exceptional acting. Incredible.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Don't forget that Lisa Kudrow was originally cast as the character "Roz" on Frasier, too

I'll be sad to see Frasier go. But to be honest, I haven't watched it in a couple of seasons - once Niles finally got Daphne, the fun went right out of it.
    That I did NOT know. Thanks John!

Wow, imagine who different both shows would have been if Lisa had wound up as Roz.

I have a couple of questions about the finale that maybe one of you guys can answer. In the last scene when Frasier was on the plane, presumably going to San Francisco, wasn't there a flight announcement "we are now landing in CHICAGO"? I swear that's what I heard, I just hope someone else did too. And, the woman Frasier was talking with in the seat next to him - was that Jennifer Beals? Thanks.
    Lead me not into temptation ~ I can find the way myself

FORT Fogey
    Yes that was indeed Jen Beals. - Is it just me or did Frasier's love interests seem to get younger and younger as the series went on? Art imitating life there

I think that scene was meant to show that Frasier was taking his own advice.

You will recall that in his final broadcast of his radio show - the scene where everyone was standing in the hall and watching him through the glass - he was talking about "taking chances" and not regretting "missed opportunities".

So Frasier probably decided not to take the job in San Francisco after all and instead follow his girlfriend to Chicago.
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-14-2004 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Yes that was indeed Jen Beals. - Is it just me or did Frasier's love interests seem to get younger and younger as the series went on? Art imitating life there

I think that scene was meant to show that Frasier was taking his own advice.

You will recall that in his final broadcast of his radio show - the scene where everyone was standing in the hall and watching him through the glass - he was talking about "taking chances" and not regretting "missed opportunities".

So Frasier probably decided not to take the job in San Francisco after all and instead follow his girlfriend to Chicago.

Thanks Daddio. I'm not crazy after all... well maybe a little

Oh and btw, TV Guide lists the finale repeating tonight at 7pm CST.
    Lead me not into temptation ~ I can find the way myself

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxin2
    I have a couple of questions about the finale that maybe one of you guys can answer. In the last scene when Frasier was on the plane, presumably going to San Francisco, wasn't there a flight announcement "we are now landing in CHICAGO"? I swear that's what I heard, I just hope someone else did too. And, the woman Frasier was talking with in the seat next to him - was that Jennifer Beals? Thanks.
    I was completely confused by the same thing - if he was going to Chicago to be with the blonde, why was he flirting with Jennifer Beals? And if he was going from Seattle to San Francisco, why would he take a flight going through Chicago???

Other than that, though, I thought it was a great episode. Very funny when Martin sat in the new chair and said, well this isn't so bad!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    Other than that, though, I thought it was a great episode. Very funny when Martin sat in the new chair and said, well this isn't so bad!
    Actually, that wasnt a new chair. Its the same chair that sat on the landing in front of the sliding glass doors to the balcony for 11 years.

That was the irony of the scene - that Frasier put up with the green and yellow monster for 11 years when Martin would have been fine with the classy/fancy chair all along.

Also Frasier was always a big flirt - girlfriend or not. He cant help himself when a beautiful woman is around.
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-14-2004 at 01:29 PM.

I think Daddio has it exactly right. I had the impression that Fraiser had been explaining to Jennifer Beals the entire flight that he was taking a big risk by going to tell his girlfriend that he wanted to be together. I thought Jennifer was encouraging him and wished him luck.

The scene with the baby being delivered at the vet's office was hilarious. I loved it when Niles opened the door with the monkey and the bottle in his arms. The look on John Mahoney's face.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast