+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

No It's a prime time special next week I think. I just have a problem with telling the world that a kid has many characteristics of a serial killer. What if the kid feels like he has to live up to his potential?

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    It was in the paper that Dr. Phil recently bought his son Jay a house in Hollywood Hills for $2.4 million! :rolleyes
    Hey Marley-why are you rolling your eyes at that?
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    No It's a prime time special next week I think. I just have a problem with telling the world that a kid has many characteristics of a serial killer. What if the kid feels like he has to live up to his potential?
    If a kid has a need to live up to his potential as a serial killer, I'd say he would do that with or without someone telling him about the option.

We'll see though, I'm sure that comment is a huge teaser... I was kind of surprised to see that special on CBS though....

Otherwise I'm enjoying the new season so far, will definitely watch today's episode about the plastic surgery makeover families.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    If a kid has a need to live up to his potential as a serial killer, I'd say he would do that with or without someone telling him about the option.

We'll see though, I'm sure that comment is a huge teaser... I was kind of surprised to see that special on CBS though....

Otherwise I'm enjoying the new season so far, will definitely watch today's episode about the plastic surgery makeover families.
    I'm sure you're right but I just have a problem with telling every one in the tv world that a kid has many traits of a serial killer. What happens if a few years down the road the kid wants to get a job as sack boy at the neighborhood market? Date a girl? Run for class officer? Do you see my concern?

I agree Muduh, and I think this is an issue that needs to be discussed privately as opposed to publicly. I think it needs to be addressed but a primetime special is definately NOT the place. This is a label this child is going to have to live with for the rest of his life. So much for protecting the child :rolleyes
    BTW- I do watch Dr. Phil on a regular basis but I think he dropped the ball with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    Hey Marley-why are you rolling your eyes at that?
    Because Dr. Phil is always talking about how kids should be out of the house at 18 and soooo responsible - buying their own things, etc...then he goes out and buys his son a two million dollar house. Why does a 24 year old single kid need such a big house?

No way in hell would i ever go on tv and put my personal business out there. hell no. However, i do like Doc Phil and i do watch the show regularly.
    I hope that he continues the Bridget marks story.
    Last edited by Amy Lee; 09-19-2004 at 03:28 AM.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I watched Dr. Phil for about half of the first season. I got tired of the weight loss programs, he always says the same thing. Same with the cheating spouses. We get it already. I guess that's what sells, tho. I never watch him anymore.

There's more than fiction Honeyspur's Avatar
    Well, I love Dr. Phil lol - I've been watching all summer, catching up on the last season.
    I pretty much like everything Dr. Phil says and don't really care that he's a glossy version of himself because of tv.
    About the only gripe I have to agree with is his constant promoting of his books. (Still haven't bought one) It's grating to be interrupted with the same promo when all we really want is to get back to the good stuff.
    Robin does look plastic and weird but they both just seem like folks with fragile self-esteems (after all, you are what you counsel)
    that have found a way to stay immersed in therapy.
    Dr. Phil actually saved my relationship from ruin and it's the one show I watch that my boyfriend doesn't tease me about!

Anyone think the Dr. Phil family, Stacy and Mr. Spineless and their psycho brood of kids are really faking it? The opening new season episode with them seemed off to me. They are definately chunkier, living off the fat of the Dr. Phil show - and they seem a little nervous for people who've been on tv for an entire season.
    It might be a little far fetched, but they seem like they are keeping the sob story up so they can have everything paid for.

Ok, THERE'S something I don't agree with. Dr. Phil giving goodies to these retardo families.
    When he times it well, it's ok - reward a family for reaching a goal.
    But most of the time, they haven't improved - just fallen further into embarrasing scene after embarrasing scene. I just don't see the point in that.

What do folks think of, "Dr. Phil takes on an entire TOWN" series?
    Last edited by Honeyspur; 09-21-2004 at 09:11 AM.

I like Dr.Phil though sometimes he can be too much. I watched every episode last season. This year it's harder for me cuz it only plays at 5:00 and I'm making dinner at that time and I can't just sit and watch like last season when it played at 10 a.m. also. That was better.

I'm happy Dr.Phil is having a primetime special but I don't think this kid should be labeled on national tv but we'll see how that goes....

Alot of his advice has helped me relationship-wise and with my children and the advice he gives that I don't want to follow, I just choose to ignore~lol.

+ Reply to Thread