+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Muduh, I'm positive the good Dr. picks out her clothes for her...if he makes her come to work with him, he's gotta be choosing her wardrobe as well
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I cannot stand Robin. :rolleyes

I do like Dr. Phil still. I like his take it or leave it attitudes and opinions. I'd rather someone scream at people and tell them the truth rather than coddle them and tell them the things they want to hear. And I think the people that choose to hear the ugly truths about themselves are far more apt to help themselves.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

You know I have no real dislike for Dr. Phil. I just hate that yell in the face thing he does where he changes his pitch almost to a loud whine. That just doesn't seem too professional to me. Then I have to ask myself how professional it would be anyway. The whole doctor patient thing is supposed to be based on confidentiality and there they are. Only a few million of their closest friends involved. I know that the people sign on for all this abuse, it just turns me off. Notice says turns "me" off, not the TV. And another thing. I was always taught that the analyst was actually just an instrument to give the "patient" a chance to work out their own problems. A little guidance, okay, but the yell in the face thing, no. Just my opinion.OKAY!!!! (In your face.)

Marty, Erin, Alex and Katherine are on today. I can't wait.

I did hear a rumour that Phil is trying to get Robin set up with her own tv show.

I don't know what form the show would take, and if it is a Phil type show whether she is even qualified to speak to people in that manner, but rumour has it there are a few ructions being caused by the supposedly obvious attempts to showcase Robin whenever possible.

I quite like Phil and think a lot of what he says makes sense.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I like Dr. Phil but I agree with everything said about him promoting his own family too much & also that he's gotten very "commercial", more so than genuine maybe in a lot of his on screen behavior.

However, even though I sit there and think a lot of what he tells these people is common sense to me, a lot of the people on the show NEED TO HEAR this from someone like Dr. Phil...someone whose opinion they value more than their own, more than their mother in law's opinion...or whatever. I realize that a lot of the solutions he comes up with are obvious & seem like common sense to me, but maybe it's because I'm watching from a distance. Also I'm sure part of the "therapy" is to get people to admit their obvious flaws, mistakes & solutions out loud, maybe it has a better effect + he gets people in touch with local therapists that can take the families from there & work on whatever he started to break through.

I like the "Dr. Phil family" with Marty, Erin, Alex & Katherine, it's a good series most of the time but despite the fact that Marty has been out there cheating etc, I do kind of feel sorry for him & you know, it makes me wonder too what's the reason he went out to greener pastures... I don't think everything is being exposed, but I suppose they need a "bad guy" and a "good guy" to make it interesting....

But I agree with everyone's comments about Robin & his sons & how he has changed, did he let fame get to his head? =/
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

It's the season finale today apparently, with Erin and Marty.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I did hear a rumour that Phil is trying to get Robin set up with her own tv show.
    Dr. Phil cleared that rumor up recently. He said that Robin isn't getting her own show. He said that if Robin wasn't there, "who would dress me?" I guess Robin helps him with his clothes.

When I first saw Phil, I couldn't believe that Oprah had him on her show.

Then, he got his own show (I couldn't believe that either).

Still, it seemed that since so many people were being cheerleaders for Phil at the time, I felt as though I was missing something or maybe I just wanted to give him a second, third, forth, etc., chance.

I've arrived at the conclusion that it was a complete waste of time to allow these additional chances and my first assessment of him was correct.

He's an idiot.

Am I the only one feeling kinda sorry for Marty?

I can't help but being pleased that the family will be staying together, though. I wonder if they really understood what they were agreeing to when they allowed themselves to be videotaped in their home and airing all that dirty laundry so publicly. I found it very invasive...sometimes I was absolutely cringing watching those tapes. They're really not bad people, IMO - hope they make it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread