+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Re: Dr. Phil

That's coming on here soon Shay . Did you see the lady with Munchhausen' (sp) injecting bacteria into her open wounds, that freaked me out.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah! She was soooo gross!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Yeah! She was soooo gross!!!

What a horrible life, and she was a nurse - her children were so sad..
    -Andy Rooney-

Nothing like a few episodes of Dr. Phil to make you feel really sane and well-adjusted.....and like you could smack a total stranger.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Nothing like a few episodes of Dr. Phil to make you feel really sane and well-adjusted.....and like you could smack a total stranger.
    Isn't that the truth!
    -Andy Rooney-

The only living heirs to the Duke fortune, teen twins (a girl and a boy), were interviewed today about the lives that they had lives. They were hideously abused by a drug addict father and nasty sick nannies and caretakers. It was a very sick environment. Neglect and extreme deprivation....being fed excrement...witnessing things NOBODY should ever have to see. Threats. No friends. The boy has good feeling and memories of his dad, despite the treatment; the girl, less so than her brother, but she still expresses some good feelings toward him. Goes to show you how horribly abuse children tend to still love their parents, no matter what. Normal people don't understand it, but it is what it is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

How are they related to the Duke heiress Doris Duke? She was an only child and her only child died a day after birth. Just curious. I saw an article on it, but it didn't explain how they were related.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    How are they related to the Duke heiress Doris Duke? She was an only child and her only child died a day after birth. Just curious. I saw an article on it, but it didn't explain how they were related.
    The twins father was the nephew of Doris Duke, Walker Patterson Inman Jr.

The boy, Patterson Inman, looks like he could break crazy and wreak havoc on somebody at any moment. It is good to see these young people reuniting with their birth mother and accepting her into their world, after their dad worked so diligently at alienating them from her.

Thank goodness dad is dead and gone.....but they still loved that sick man. I can't imagine either of those children ever marrying or reproducing. I don't think that would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The boy, Patterson Inman, looks like he could break crazy and wreak havoc on somebody at any moment. It is good to see these young people reuniting with their birth mother and accepting her into their world, after their dad worked so diligently at alienating them from her.

Thank goodness dad is dead and gone.....but they still loved that sick man. I can't imagine either of those children ever marrying or reproducing. I don't think that would be a good thing.
    I have not seen part 2 yet but did Phil offer them some serious counseling for all that they went through.

My gawd, they, at age 4 witnessed a man MURDERED.

These kids need a boat load of counseling.

NONE of their behavior at this age is THEIR FAULT. To have such abuse and there was abuse BOTH kids would not even discuss. NONE of their future actions can be blamed on them just being brats, blame the
    most dysfunctional life that both of them had. My gawd, that Step Mother driving them in a car and drunk and almost killing them. Putting duct tape on their mouths as kiddos only to rip it off and put it back on.

This is a very upsetting episode.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread