+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Re: Dr. Phil

I haven't seen this show in years. I find Dr. Phil too self serving. I watched today because he was interviewing Gia Allemand's mother regarding Gia's suicide. Is it possible for someone to cry hysterically, go through all the facial expressions and shaking that all indicate crying, but not shed one tear? It's awfully uncomfortable to watch this lady. It seems so fake, yet I don't want to minimize her loss.

I thought she was more angry than sad, but I saw sadness. I am sure she was angry at losing her daughter this way.( they sounded very close) It sounded like her ex husband was a real winner .Of course Jake the fake made it about him( blech)

Rip, Gia
    elleprn likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, I thought that, maybe, botox could cause one to be unable to cry but this woman, obviously, has NO botox and she still, basically, did the dry cry. She has plenty of lines in her face. I don't think that the mother has more guilt than anything else, even though she denied that. I think there's probably an issue with her being a nurse and missing many signs or, at least, being in denial about things her daughter had been saying. She has adjustments she will have to make for the rest of her life, regarding her daughter's death, and it will probably change from day to day. How horrible to have to live with this.

Jake Pavelka......
    elleprn likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

proshay. I agree with you. One thing that came to mind though, is that when people take their own lives, they generally do it so that the person that discovers them post mortem, suffers. This is an intentional act. Could it be possible that they weren't as close as the mom states? Regardless, I can't imagine the pain she feels.

Jake is getting some good acting chops from Krisen Chenoworth............

I know exactly what you mean. The fact that Gia did this with her mother listening on the line is very telling. I'd be willing to bet that she was sending her mother a "message". I'll bet they both had different views of just how close they were. This is where it becomes very important to tell the truth, at all times, to people you care about and to yourself.
    elleprn likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

.She was close to her mum, in another interview she mentioned how close they were. Her father, she loved him but she said she was never good enough. I think he made her feel very insecure.Heck she sent emails to her friends before she did this, of course she wanted to do this with her mother, seems to me she didn't want to go alone, and she didn't. She isn't the first suicide I have heard that have done it this way( with the another person close by) each to their own thoughts . Dr Phil has spent a lot of time with Gia's mum, I am glad. She often sent her mum tickets to come and see her, I wish she had this time
    -Andy Rooney-

I think, a lot of times, people will say what they think they should say or be feeling, to be seen in a certain way. No one but Gia and her mother will ever truly ever know what their relationship really was. Suiciding in somebody's presence is a pretty angry ("I'll show you") thing to do with somebody you are supposedly close to. Most people do it alone, or actually take somebody with them...as in a murder/suicide. It's kind of a last grand gesture, if you will. There's nothing to be romanticized about it.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Gia wasn't an angry sort. I knew she was an unhappy girl from the start, lovely , but unhappy and insecure. This isn't imo, an I will show you act. She got very depressed abound her cycle, I know what that's like - I had an operation because my cycle changed me completely. I didn't know who or why I became like that. I trust and believe her mother. Gia was unhappy with Ryan, there was one report she tried to get hold of him, in the end she reached for the person she knew would be there. I don't blame her mum for being angry, lots of happy photos of her and her mum on Gia's own pages, very sad she thought so little of herself and her life.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

The girl from today drove me crazy. She singsonged almost every word. Swearing at children and elderly people? Calling girls you don't know horrid names? Come Boston girl...try that garbage here!
    With respect to Gia's mother, she might've been all cried out at that particular moment. I agree with prhoshay. I think sometimes we all can say things we believe to be right, even though the statements might be embellished. I don't know.

Wow! Today's show had the parents of an 11 year old girl who became pregnant by and delivered a 2.2 lb. baby by her 14 year old boyfriend. The mother didn't even know she was pregnant until she was 6 months along! The kids were also there and Dr. Phil talked to them but didn't show their faces. The mother had let her daughter spend the night with, I guess the boy's sister, when she wanted to. The baby is being cared for by the girl's mother's sister and her husband, I think. From listening to the kids speak, they are every bit of 12 and 15 today. The boy can't be charged with a crime due to his age when she became pregnant; apparently, he was about 7 months too young. The mother says she has no control of her daughter; the dad feels guilty because he was not there. CPS removed the baby and has the girl's mother under investigation since the pregnancy happened "on her watch". The girl's father is either engaged or remarried.

This is one of the most disgusting cases I think I've ever heard about. Apparently, she has been heard to say that she wants to have another baby and that maybe they'd let her keep the next one since she will be older; she denies that. She was sent, immediately, from the show to a residential treatment facility....crying, and screaming as she left. The boy's father said that they think he may be autistic; he can't tie his shoes, but he can put together a complex engine and he likes math.

Ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread