+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Re: Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    The mother-in-law from hell shows are my guilty pleasure. My own MIL & I get along - we're not BFFs but we have reached a place of mutual tolerance & respect - but I get an evil kick out of these nasty women.
    LOL so do I. My daughter in law watches them , and tells me when they are on
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    The mother-in-law from hell shows are my guilty pleasure. My own MIL & I get along - we're not BFFs but we have reached a place of mutual tolerance & respect - but I get an evil kick out of these nasty women.
    LOL so do I. My daughter in law watches them , and tells me when they are on
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today's show with the helicoptor mom.....don't exactly know what to say. She was beyond ridiculous. One of the things I noticed most was how she'd turn the tears on and off, like with the quick flip of a light switch. I don't guess she ever stopped to think what shape her children would be in if SHE were suddenly taken from them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Today's show with the helicoptor mom.....don't exactly know what to say. She was beyond ridiculous. One of the things I noticed most was how she'd turn the tears on and off, like with the quick flip of a light switch. I don't guess she ever stopped to think what shape her children would be in if SHE were suddenly taken from them.
    I am a bit bored with Phil's book promotion but I enjoyed seeing it in action with this woman. She really did have a huge Ah Ha moment when he pointed out the lie she had been telling herself. She is such a mess that I question just how much progress she will be able to make.

Phil is always promising to get guests help in their home town. There are plentyt of therapists out there who would not be considered particularly skilled. Therapy can do just so much. It is not a magic bullet or even helpful in some cases. It is up to the client to want to change their behavior. This woman is over the cliff with her victim position.

Phil does not do enough follow up shows. I want to see what happens with this family.

Since we tend to parent very similarly to the way we were raised, I'd be curious to know how her daughter handles raising her child.

I also noticed that they stayed away from the daughter's pregnancy. If Mom was so busy being over-protective, how does Mom justify her daughter getting pregnant IF said daughter is not married. I didn't really get the impression that she was. It's a wonder that Mom hasn't jumped off a bridge by now.

Mom is "Looney La'Tooney"! Those poor, poor children.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The helicopter mom?

I changed the channel about ten, fifteen minutes in.

I simply could NOT deal with either her, OR Dr. Phil.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

What I really was impressed by was that the children could see the sickness and over-intrusion in their mother and seemed to be determined to do better than what she was offering.

When I was tutoring at the community center there was a woman there whom, when the children would come to her for assistance, would do the work for them. I didn't know how she expected them to learn anything; they'd come creeping up to me for help and the first thing I would say to them was, "I am not going to do your work for you, but I will help you." They are only as lazy as you allow them to be.

Is this the only thread for Dr. Phil or am I missing it? Help?

I don't record the show anymore. Has he done any recent update on the family he tried to help? The one with the original teen mom whose parents took her son and then later she had more children that I think the dad took. She was a horrible drug addict, liar, user, ungrateful, etc. Dr. Phil never would wipe his hands of her. I was just curious.

No update on that family in a long time. The last I saw, the youngest daughter, Katherine, had had a baby. I'm hoping for a revisit with them.

Here's an obscure question.....does anyone have any idea what Dr. Phil's handkerchief budget is/year??

+ Reply to Thread