+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Re: Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    He turned me off years ago - I can't stomach him. And when they decided to start focusing more on his wife, that irritated me more.

I used to watch it just to see how crazy some people really are---but the show is just a joke now.
    I cannot stand his wife. I notice she now keeps a much lower profile - she's no longer featured as some kind of quasi-"expert" on topics like menopause. I mean, yes, yes, the long marriage and supportive partner, very impressive, but we don't need to hear what a perfect parent she's been and how tolerant she is of the doctor's foibles. Yes, the grandkids are very cute. *yawn*

What's wrong with the show now is what's wrong with Dr. Phil. I am tired of his faux down-home cliches (if I hear, "this ain't my first rodeo" or "I'm gonna start puttin' verbs in my sentences" one more time ) and his inconsistency in how he treats his guests (NO, they are NOT all treated with "dignity and respect"). It's annoying because for the most part, he does dispense good advice and always offers aftercare/treatment, both good things.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

I really disliked the guy that was on today, racist and homophobic. At one point I wanted to reach through the screen. It did say something on how he was raised.I think he hates women( jmho)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

To put up with HIM, his woman hates herself. She'd rather be with that THING than be alone????? Give Me A Break.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    To put up with HIM, his woman hates herself. She'd rather be with that THING than be alone????? Give Me A Break.
    Maybe not when she sees herself on TV.That happened to my girlfriend, huge wake up call.
    -Andy Rooney-

What a horrible (guilty) man that was on this show Friday.I do hope this reopens the case. If anything happened to me, I would love to have two friends on my side, and Margaret herself, even in death left a lot of clues
    combatcutie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

There was a strong Drew Peterson in the guy on the last show. His lies were ridiculously obvious, even without the polygraph.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

whatever happened to Drew Peterson?
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There was a strong Drew Peterson in the guy on the last show. His lies were ridiculously obvious, even without the polygraph.
    Yes, who slipped that into the conversation. His name did come up. Shaking my head, did this guy on Dr Phil really think he would get away with all this.
    -Andy Rooney-

So far, he has.

Garbage Drew is locked up on premeditated murder of his 3rd wife; his 4th wife's body has never been found.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-11-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Somehow methinks other were watching that show, others in law enforcement
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread