+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Re: Dr. Phil

I record pretty much everything now . I FF through commercials and some things I really need to come back to
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I prefer to DVR or watch On Demand too. The problem with On Demand is that most major network shows will not allow you to FF!!!!!! On Demand. Since I am paying for the cable and the DVR service, that annoys me. Most shows on Entertainment On Demand allow FFing. (Such as FX, E, AMC) I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I prefer to DVR or watch On Demand too. The problem with On Demand is that most major network shows will not allow you to FF!!!!!! On Demand. Since I am paying for the cable and the DVR service, that annoys me. Most shows on Entertainment On Demand allow FFing. (Such as FX, E, AMC) I don't get it.
    I didn't know that. Interesting, I wonder why you cant FF though- whats the point.
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm torn about Dr. Phil. There are times when he says something so wise, so insightful that it takes your breath away. And unlike Dr. Drew, he's not afraid to hold people accountable for their bad behavior.

Then there are seasons like this -- when he's got a book out or he's in full marketing mode -- that he's barely above a carnival barker or worse, Donald Trump. So far this year at least three shows a week have focused on bad people, which is the subject of his book. And did he mention that it's published by his son, Jay? Or he'll exploit scandals in the headlines and tout his show's exclusive access to the victim like some sleazy tabloid. That kind of stuff makes me trust him less.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I'm torn about Dr. Phil. There are times when he says something so wise, so insightful that it takes your breath away. And unlike Dr. Drew, he's not afraid to hold people accountable for their bad behavior.

Then there are seasons like this -- when he's got a book out or he's in full marketing mode -- that he's barely above a carnival barker or worse, Donald Trump. So far this year at least three shows a week have focused on bad people, which is the subject of his book. And did he mention that it's published by his son, Jay? Or he'll exploit scandals in the headlines and tout his show's exclusive access to the victim like some sleazy tabloid. That kind of stuff makes me trust him less.
    I agree candor. That's why I pick and choose the shows I want to see. I know within 5 minutes if it will hold my interest or not
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah, I am soooo sick of hearing about his book and his son, Jay's, publishing company that I could hurl. Enough, already.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree candor. That's why I pick and choose the shows I want to see. I know within 5 minutes if it will hold my interest or not
    Me too. MTE. I will know within 5 minutes and I will either watch or DELETE.
    KAREN

He turned me off years ago - I can't stomach him. And when they decided to start focusing more on his wife, that irritated me more.

I used to watch it just to see how crazy some people really are---but the show is just a joke now.
    GabbyG likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

His wife and children are VERY ho-hum. Couldn't be less interested in them and the grandchildren.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I will take Dr Phil over that wacko egotistical Dr Drew. I saw him on a show, my goodness. I thought Dr Phil was bad at times, but Dr Drew
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread