+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

FORT Fogey

Re: Dr. Phil

The amount of time for commercials is set in stone. When you think about it, you know those who do the show want as much air time as possible.

Usually the longest part of the show is the first segment in order to get you hooked. And I do notice that the last half of any show can have more because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I like Dr Phil and try to watch it when I am around (which isn't often). My only problem is that there are WAY too many commercials, especially during the last half hour. You barely start getting into the heart of the matter and it's a commercial every 5 minutes. Bleh.
    I agree BUT I tape it and FF through all the commericals.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

From what I recall, Dr. Phil will promise to address an issue when they come back from commerical, but then when they come back, it's more bellyaching. They will then go on and on and again, he will promise to puts some verbs in his sentences and they go to break, then it goes on and on until the last few minutes of the show. I got tired of that formula and don't care to watch much anymore. When he says he will address it when they return from break, then that is what he should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    From what I recall, Dr. Phil will promise to address an issue when they come back from commerical, but then when they come back, it's more bellyaching. They will then go on and on and again, he will promise to puts some verbs in his sentences and they go to break, then it goes on and on until the last few minutes of the show. I got tired of that formula and don't care to watch much anymore. When he says he will address it when they return from break, then that is what he should do.
    Exactly. I guess he figures we will forget during the two minutes of commercials what he led away with lol. I want to hear the answer though, but they only have enough time to bring about another question, then another commercial break, then that question is never addressed either. It's like trying to squeeze too much information in. I think Dr Phil is a pretty cool guy, but I totally agree that the format is annoying so I don't watch anymore either unless the subject is something I really want to see.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Hmm, not that I have seen. He has come back to the problem, as he has said. Maybe he's changed
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't know...maybe the commercial times are set in stone but to me, Dr Phil's is the worst....Has far more ads than other shows..in the last half hour.
    Enough that I stopped watching just because of that fact.
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fogey

I saw Dr. Phil give a speech at a mall. He's a dynamic, (but whiny), speaker, and the place was packed... but, I don't watch his show. I've seen too many talk shows, and most of what is discussed is trivial. Once when Dr. Phil was on Oprah, he decided to help a group of about twenty people solve their problems during one show. They had a variety of problems. It was unrealistic.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I don't know...maybe the commercial times are set in stone but to me, Dr Phil's is the worst....Has far more ads than other shows..in the last half hour.
    Are you including the promo for the next day and the what is coming up segment or just the ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I did that with The View. Whoopi says one thing and then its commercial time Way way too many oh that show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When I watch any of these shows, I mute the sound and read a book I have handy, then I go back to the program. Of course, if it's been dvred, I just fast-forward all of that. An hour show can be watched in 30 minutes........lol!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread