+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Dr. Phil

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    There is something about his wife I dont care for. Also she is one of the most plasticky person I have seen. Talk about plastic surgery!!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Actually the shows I like best are the weight ones and the parenting ones. I think Dr Phil does his best with parents. He is really good at just laying it on the line and cutting through some of the BS some of these folks lay out. The weight loss focus he does good on too, he is very good at getting to the "what is this doing for you?" issues that many people have, who have a bad habit or know they are doing something not good for them, but they do it anyway. It has to be doing something for them, so how can you met that need in healthy ways.

The Dr Phil families get on my nerves. These families are so odd and I dislike the idea that they are willing to let people watch them self destruct over a year and Dr Phil just keeps going in. I think there is so much more going on with these families then can be dealt with in a TV show and I hate watching it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Ya know what really gets on my nerves about Dr. Phil? His own family. They are so 'perfect' He doesn't yell, never hit his kid, she stands by her man and she's (robin) is always so cheerful. bleah
    The one thing that really gets my goat is how in the hell is his family qualified to be giving advice??
    The eldest son wrote a weight loss book for teens?? The wife is asked for advice all the time they even have the youngest son (whom I think is still in highschool) doling out advice and interviewing people. I didnt realise that accreditation could be had through osmosis.
    btw.. my mom is a hairdresser, feel free to stop by for a haircut, I'm sure I'll do everything right because .. well ... MY MOM is a hairdresser!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

What did you think of the little screaming match that Erin and Alex had in the Cayman Islands? To me it seemed so scripted and sort of fake. It seemed like Erin was playing to the camera or something just for the dramatic effect. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't been watching Dr. Phil for long so I don't know that much about him. If these people are having so many problems I don't understand why they would do this on television. Are they being paid? Our youngest son gave us alot of problems and we went through alot of family counselling and there is NO WAY that I would have ever exposed any of it to the public the way these people do.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    To me it seemed so scripted and sort of fake.

Yes, my thoughts. It earned them a nice trip though...

I have only seen bits and pieces of that series .. what I don't get is how pissed off the mother is that the oldest daughter is on birth control?? How old is she? 16? While I would not like it if my 16 yr old was having sex, I would much prefer that there be no more repercussions if she does. You can preach abstinence and you can hope for it but short of locking someone up you can't force it on them. Seems to me that pregnancy prevention is the smartest thing the girl has done.

A screaming match eh? They seem to get into them quite regularily. I'm bored with this family now.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    There is something about his wife I dont care for. Also she is one of the most plasticky person I have seen. Talk about plastic surgery!!!!
    I hate how Robin always has her mouth open like an idiot. She doesn't smile, just has her mouth open.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Ya know what really gets on my nerves about Dr. Phil? His own family. They are so 'perfect' He doesn't yell, never hit his kid, she stands by her man and she's (robin) is always so cheerful. bleah
    The one thing that really gets my goat is how in the hell is his family qualified to be giving advice??
    The eldest son wrote a weight loss book for teens?? The wife is asked for advice all the time they even have the youngest son (whom I think is still in highschool) doling out advice and interviewing people. I didnt realise that accreditation could be had through osmosis.
    btw.. my mom is a hairdresser, feel free to stop by for a haircut, I'm sure I'll do everything right because .. well ... MY MOM is a hairdresser!
    This is so funny. I am sitting here giggling to myself. I didn't read this thread yesterday, but sometime during the day I was pm'ing with another friend here, and we said almost the exact same thing. Robin needs a few good meals. She doesn't look healthy. I also wonder what her qualifications are. Duxxy, my husband is a welder. If I promise not to do your welding will you promise to leave my hair alone? By the way, I mentioned to my friend, how many of us go to work with our spouse? Does she not have a LIFE? She just sits there resting up for when the show is over and he runs her skinny little legs off getting out of there. Slow down man!!! The little woman can't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    By the way, I mentioned to my friend, how many of us go to work with our spouse? Does she not have a LIFE? She just sits there resting up for when the show is over and he runs her skinny little legs off getting out of there. Slow down man!!! The little woman can't keep up.
    Too funny, I always think the same thing...and if I was gonna be on TV everyday, I'd get some better clothes, too. I don't get the deal with Robin always tagging along, either.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Jane she's too exhausted to shop. Running in high heels takes a lot out of her.

+ Reply to Thread